Day In a Page
Wednesday, 13 February 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Something fishy going on... Antidepressants contaminating rivers make perch antisocial
- Eat your greens, mums-to-be! It can stop your child being a fussy eater
- Roses are red, one star is blue - even astronomers' romance shines on through
- Video: Chimpanzees have faster working memory than humans, according to study
- Cosmic! Scientists clear up one of large unsolved puzzles about our Universe
- The race to fingerprint the human voice
- Trevor Grills: Tenor singer who helped lead the sea-shanty revival with Fisherman's Friends
- Donald Byrd: Trumpeter and bandleader who offended critics with his mixture of jazz and soul
- Rem Vyakhirev: Gas industry executive who built up Gazprom into a global player
- Dr John Poole: Highly valued Commons librarian
- Guy Tozzoli: Architect who oversaw the building of the World Trade Centre
- Rick Huxley: Bassist with the Dave Clark Five
- John Kerr: Actor best known as the sensitive college boy seduced in 'Tea and Sympathy'
- Rabbi David Hartman: Philosopher who brought a liberal approach to Judaism
- Bob Levenson: Advertising director who helped inspire the series 'Madmen'
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- They bite babies, kill chickens, and have noisy sex. Why on earth would we want a cull of urban foxes?
- New BBC Director General Tony Hall makes power play on Lord Patten
- Oscar Pistorius: A dark morning in Pretoria has shattered the faith of a nation
- Who on earth actually thinks Mary Portas is the solution to the crisis on our high streets?
- Tesco's electronic armbands and Lady Gaga's hip: it’s the shirkers vs workers debate all over again
- Scholars must get used to openness, too
- It doesn’t help getting in a tizzy over North Korea
- As the 'Jon Venables' Twitter pics make clear, our current laws can't handle social media
- The curriculum we are introducing captures British history in all its multi-layered, omni-racial glory
- PE in school: Actions would speak louder than words
- Too lazy to find love? New app SinglesAroundMe can do it for you
- A cautionary Valentine: They came to America for love, but found themselves on Heartbreak Island
- Theresa May, weight loss, and what to do for Lent when you've nothing left to give up
- Tory plans to cut benefits to EU immigrants expose widening ideological divide in our politics
- Will this be the final year of the Iranian Regime?
- Objectivity, not a helping hand, is what Pakistan needs from the West
- I won't have what she's having, thanks: Valentine's Day films are chocolate box coupledom
- A Valentine's Day message from Doctor Love: is your relationship doomed?
- Valentine’s Day: A look back to tragic love stories throughout history
- Lonely on Valentine's? Perhaps it's time to try internet dating
- A whole new scandal that could damage The Sun
- As if the other Jeremy was in the hot seat!
- Gary Goldsmith, Kate Middleton's uncle, is a right royal party planner. Bottoms up!
- Ed Miliband’s big speeches raise more questions than they answer. Now is the time for policy
- How to sell horsemeat and sub-prime loans
- Sign up for our weekly bulletin: a new service from the Independent Voices team
- Bar the odd grounding, these enormous technological advances help us take flight
- The difference between a Jew and an Israeli is no more difficult to grasp than a Catholic and an Italian
- The workfare at Poundland judgement: Great news, but let’s not get too ahead of ourselves
- The Pope’s resignation: Will the Church move towards progressive Christianity?
- Fleetwood Mac for a mere £125: Has the rock ‘n’ roll resurgence become too expensive?
- After Paxman shamed student on University Challenge, here's the presenter's top 5 ‘rude’moments
- Are magazines right to publish pictures of pregnant Kate Middleton in a bikini?
- State of the Union? Marco Rubio, Tupac and Notorious BIG
- Poll: Findus horsemeat lasagne offered at £70 on eBay, but how much would you pay?
- Obama's State of the Union address: Reaction and key moments
- Editorial: Not such a distinctive Labour vision, after all
- Editorial: A President at the very height of his power
- Editorial: Gimmicks won't save our high streets
- Editorial: No longer a foreign meat problem
- Editorial: Ready to return to Brussels, Sir John?
- Editorial: More unseemly rabble-rousing on Romania
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Tim Bresnan in fitness race for Ashes after undergoing elbow operation
- Have Australia fallen to most shameful collapse?
- England's hopes of retaining Women's Cricket World Cup over despite victory over New Zealand
- England can 'bully' Australia during the Ashes, says Matt Prior
- Tim Bresnan doubtful for first summer Test after operation
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Transatlantic air fares set to rise following merger between American Airlines and US Airways
- Romantic retreats: One-room wonders
- Designed for the Jet Age
- Can you recommend a safe and central place to stay for two young women in New York?
- Deals of the week: Ferry deals, Grindelwald skiing, Tuscany
- Get me out of here: Saint Lucia, Vietnam, Lopud
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran