Day In a Page
Sunday, 13 July 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Nadine Gordimer: South African Nobel Prize-winning author dies aged 90
- Rihanna enjoyed watching Germany win the World Cup more than anyone else did: Singer flashes during game
- Matthew Barzun: America's diplomatic dude
- Nothing to see here. Just Paul McCartney and Warren Buffett chilling out on a bench
- Tulisa Contostavlos drugs trial: Rapper Mike GLC admits to supplying cocaine to undercover reporter 'fake sheikh' Mazher Mahmood
- Mario Gotze's girlfriend: Ann-Katherin Brommel, the 'happiest Wag ot the World Cup'
- Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini: Who is Cheryl Cole's husband? Possibly inaccurate 'facts' about the Frenchman
- Novak Djokovic marries pregnant fiancée Jelena Ristic days after winning Wimbledon, opts for full-on Hello! splash
- Germany vs Argentina World Cup 2014: Russian comedian Vitaly Zdorovetskiy streaks, kisses Benedikt Howedes, takes jail selfie
- Kirstie Allsopp buried her mother in the garden
- Oscar Pistorius breaks Twitter silence in four bizarre posts: 'You have the ability to make a difference in someone’s life'
- Cheryl Cole and Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini marry in private wedding ceremony nearly eclipsed by World Cup final
- Barack Obama fist bumps Texas restaurant employee in support of gay rights
- Fry ‘criticises Operation Yewtree in dinner party rant’ calling for tougher laws to deter false sex abuse allegations
- Microplastic waste: This massive (tiny) threat to sea life is now in every ocean
- DNA tests prove your close friends are probably distant relatives
- Archaeologists discover 1,500-year-old 'battle claws' in ancient Peruvian tomb
- Scientists find early warning system for Alzheimer’s in the retina and lens of the eye
- Supermoon 2014 in pictures: Moon appeared bigger and brighter at the weekend
- Blackest is the new black: Scientists develop a material so dark that you can't see it...
- Tommy Ramone: The Ramones’ drummer and songwriter who became the last original member of the pioneering punk band
- Charlie Haden: The charismatic bassist whose work with Ornette Coleman put him in the free-jazz vanguard but who also valued tradition
- Nancy Garden: The author whose novel Annie on My Mind was credited with helping gay teenagers feel less alone in the world
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Cabinet reshuffle: It’s time David Cameron thought like a CEO
- Mrs Brown and her boys: are they having a laugh?
- General election latest: computer model predicts the Lib Dems might have even more influence
- Gastric bands are as useful as a plaster on a severed artery
- Cabinet reshuffle: Ukraine, Syria, Middle East... a baptism of fire awaits new Foreign Secretary at the Foreign Office
- Some friendly advice – when it comes to friendship, seek out the blunt misfit rather than your carbon copy
- Does Wonga really deserve another chance?
- Women bishops: Church of England still divided but now prepared to trust each other
- Malala Yousafzai: Why I spent my 17th birthday campaigning for the release of Nigeria’s missing schoolgirls
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: How can I stop my daughter following me into acting?
- Nature Studies: Where are all the sparrows in London?
- After the reshuffle, the Tory front bench is about to become more feminine
- Twitter is no place for novels. Unless you're David Mitchell
- Well done Cheryl Cole for marrying after only three months
- So much for the Seven Principles that MPs are supposed to abide by
- Is Ed Sheeran the most important British man in black music?
- The Middle East debate has more to do with the fashion for revolutionary tourism than real politics
- The daily catch-up: what if Hillary sticks, drowning sorrows and open sesame
- In sickness and in health: It’s been stormy but there are blessings in the clouds
- Keep the champagne on ice – there are some clear and worrying signs that the economy is slowing
- When both Palestinians and Israelis think we are biased, we must be doing something right
- The press is using ‘paedomania’ to wrongfoot politicians post phone-hacking
- Why doesn't the media ever mention the lack of progress in the Middle East?
- Cameron is under pressure to misrepresent the Tory party as a reflection of the electorate
- Israel’s reaction has been vicious and misdirected
- Refugee children from Central America let down by Washington's high ideals
- Iraq crisis: How Saudi Arabia helped Isis take over the north of the country
- A strong pound is a great tonic, but it's not an end in itself
- As the debate on climate change has proven, balance should never get in the way of scientific truth
- Gordon Brown could have had a woman as deputy PM. He bottled it
- What happens in Shagaluf no longer stays there
- Women wait for the call: This week's reshuffle is David Cameron's chance to act on his one-third pledge
- A bag? In the bagging area? Whatever next?
- Who is the winner of this World Cup? Twitter
- i Deputy Editor's Letter:
- Estates of the nation: Let's hear it for the man in the street
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Tour de France 2014: Tony Gallopin delivers French fireworks as Tony Martin goes solo
- Tour de France 2014: Five contenders remaining after exits of Alberto Contador and Chris Froome
- Tour de France 2014: Vincenzo Nibali reclaims yellow jersey with victory on stage 10
- Sarajevo Grand Prix 2014: It might be a hackneyed cliche but this race can help rebuild the war-torn city
- Tour de France 2014: When is a rest day not a rest day? When it's spent in the controversial world of Le Tour
- Tour de France 2014: Sir Bradley Wiggins yet to decide his future despite reports that he will remain with Team Sky
- Emma Pooley and Pete Kennaugh triumph in Europe
- Nine Tests without a win leave England in a tailspin
- England spin hopeful Simon Kerrigan fails to impress as Lancashire's Glen Chapple undoes Notts
- England vs India report: Alastair Cook finds reason to smile but England face trying summer
- Simon Kerrigan backed to do better after shock recall to England Test squad
- Sam Hain clocks up second century in only 10 first-class innings
- Luke Donald sure he’s taken big swing towards Open title
- Open Championship: Rampant Justin Rose runs into top form at just the right time
- Erik Compton the medical miracle is on his third major... and third heart
- Jug is still half full for Phil Mickelson despite year to forget
- US Senior Open: Colin Montgomerie emerges victorious from play-off with Gene Sauers after overturning four-shot deficit
- Mo Martin hits wonder-shot at 18th to claim Birkdale crown
- Local boy John Singleton lives Open dream up the road
- Tiger Woods returns to the scene of emotional triumph at Hoylake
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- GCHQ's spy toolkit: Leaked documents reveal how UK manipulates information online
- UK Government to defend mass surveillance practices against legal challenge
- UK promises commercial spaceport 'by 2018' with 6 of 8 potential locations in Scotland
- China says iPhone's location tracking services are a threat to national security
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Travel Photographer of the Year 2013: Stunning images featured at London exhibition
- Kenya issues terror alert over travel to UK airports
- Marcel Theroux: Lonely tales of a long-distance diner
- Turkey, Brazil, India and Vietnam: Great getaways
- New Forest and the purple emperor butterfly: Wildlife weekend
British Muslim leaders outraged after Eric Pickles says followers of Islam should 'prove their identity'
UK terror fears: My jihadist son returned from Syria mentally scarred – now he is being ignored
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
Billy Crystal: 'Stop shoving gay sex scenes in my face'
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
- 1 Rowan Atkinson to sell £10 million McLaren 'supercar' he crashed into a tree and a lamppost
- 2 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 3 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness