Day In a Page
Thursday, 14 November 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Is there an afterlife? The science of biocentrism can prove there is, claims Professor Robert Lanza
- Why grandma, what a big family tree you have... Scientific research has been used to trace Little Red Riding Hood’s roots....
- Your dog is 10,000 years older than scientists thought
- 3.5 billion-year-old 'horribly smelly' fossil found in Australia is 'oldest ever complete example of life on Earth'
- Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- It's a clamity! Ming the clam, the world's oldest animal, killed at 507 years old by scientists trying to tell how old it was
- Joaquin Hernandez Galicia: Oil workers' leader who became rich and powerful but fell foul of president he made the mistake of crossing
- Bobby Parker: Bluesman whose riff from 'Watch Your Step' was borrowed by both the Beatles and Led Zeppelin
- Hetty Bower: Political activist whose membership of the Labour Party stretched back to the days of Keir Hardie
- Steve Prescott: Sportsman who raised hundreds of thousands of pounds for charity after being diagnosed with terminal cancer
- Professor Olive Stevenson: Academic whose work helped pave the way for effective provision of child protection services
- Colonel Earl Browning: Counter-intelligence officer who was a lone voice in opposing the use of Klaus Barbie as a paid informant
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- A glasnost moment? Unlikely. The Chinese remember what happened to the Soviets
- The demeaning message of Cara Delevingne's gloves: that there is nothing sexier than a scantily-clad woman doing the chores
- Argentina couldn’t rewrite its history, and neither can the Conservatives
- It’s parental attitudes that will help overcome the problem of lacking social mobility
- The Big Questions: How should we chose which Philippines typhoon charity to support? Should Cameron have gone to Sri Lanka?
- The Commonwealth is an organisation whose useful life may have ended
- Assassins can change history – but not in the way they expect
- Inside Westminster: The Coalition is steadily coming undone
- Errors and Omissions: Can you have too much ubiquity? Oh yes, you can
- Cashless is the future. Small businesses must adapt or pay the price
- He was going to immortalise me on canvas. But I’m 3D and I’ve only got an hour
- To stop the 'designer vagina' boom, let's make young women aware that genitals aren't all the same
- Still sweet on Saakashvili: Why, after all these years, I’ve still got a man crush on Misha
- Tales from the Water Cooler: Leave The Duke of Wellington's cone alone
- An architectural puzzle: Why is Zaha Hadid building the Iraqi Parliament in Baghdad?
- ‘Life inside the Secret State’ shows why Kim Jong-il was right to fear the growth of markets
- The relaxation of China's One Child Policy is necessary, and long overdue
- The names of theatres have emotional and sentimental resonance. Let's value their history
- Yes to Counselling and weight-loss plans, but doctors must ensure they treat each case of obesity individually
- Man about Town: Knitted wombs for a Friday night out
- The video of a dolphin is shocking, but is it just because it reminds us of ourselves?
- Why Sainsbury’s featuring Co-op items is a triumph for Christmas adverts
- Whether it’s Typhoon Haiyan or Rana Plaza, why are some victims more worthy than others?
- Blurred lines: John Tavener was an odd mix of minimalist, royalist and mystic – so why listen up?
- i Editor's Letter: Bike safety
- Channel 4's ‘Bedlam’ is right to expose the tough reality of severe mental illness
- We are ruled by an ‘out-of-touch, moneyed elite’. But their advantages might actually help
- Don’t tell us under-25s we’re stingy. Paying our way is hard enough as it is
- No wonder the Mafia are nervous. This pope is not one to indulge the wishes of gangsters
- In Viennese painting of the early 20th Century, you get a sense of horrors to come
- Boris's comments on ‘hasty, rash, precipitous’ cyclists is classic government victim-blaming
- It's obvious why John McCririck was put out to grass - and it has nothing to do with his age
- So why did Snapchat reject Facebook's huge offer?
- Chilcot Inquiry: Why should the conversations of Blair and Bush be made public?
- The abuse to Charlene White shows the issue of wearing a poppy has become massively overblown
- Cameron shouldn't have gone to Sri Lanka. But here are three things he can salvage from the trip
- Anti-rape underwear: Do women really need to put themselves under lock and key?
- Eric Schmidt joining the Economist is a feather in London's cap
- Keep cycling deaths in perspective
- Cameron is attacking those he thinks ‘lack aspiration’. What would he know?
- Why we all should Marvel at this Muslim superhero
- i Editor's Letter: The pain of never knowing what happened to your son
- The blame game: Threatening nurses with criminal liability is wrong
- Recovery lite: The latest data are encouraging, but the fundamental weaknesses of Britain’s economy cannot be disguised
- Labiaplasty or “designer vagina” operations should not be marketed as a ‘lifestyle choice’
- Sri Lanka’s appalling human rights record raises questions about legitimacy of the Commonwealth
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Sachin Tendulkar retirement: The 'Little Master' out for 74, so has he missed his chance for a final century?
- Sachin Tendulkar retirement: The 'Little Master' reaches 38 not-out on the first day of his final appearance for India
- Ashes 2013-14: Steve Finn closes on Test place with timely reminder of his strike-rate
- The Ashes 2013-14: Aaron Finch warns Graeme Swann that Pup, Watto and Bails will be flying
- Sachin Tendulkar retirement: Massive outpouring of emotion for Little Master
- Ashes 2013-14: Joe Root lands second successive fifty to ease fears over England's middle order
- Sachin Tendulkar retirement: Final test sees Little Master turn back the clock
- The Ashes 2013-14: Your complete guide to the tour Down Under
- US Grand Prix: Red Bulls on top after fog blurs picture
- F1: Jenson Button admits his surprise after McLaren team-mate Sergio Perez is replaced by rookie Kevin Magnussen
- F1: Paul Di Resta backs cousin Dario Franchitti to remain in motor racing after forced retirement
- F1: Heikki Kovalainen handed Lotus drive – for two races only
- F1: Lotus announce former Renault, McLaren and Caterham driver Heikki Kovalainen as Kimi Raikkonen's replacement for US and Brazil Grand Prix's
- F1: McLaren confirm Kevin Magnussen will replace Sergio Perez for 2014
- F1: Michael Schumacher rejected approach from Lotus to race in last two Grand Prix of the season
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- PS4 US launch: Sony promises more games for the new Playstation
- Breakthrough in quantum computing smashes previous records
- In pictures: PS4 launches in America
- In pictures: PS4 launches in America
- PS4 games on release: we pick the seven best for Sony's new console
- Defibrillator iPhone app launched to help locate life saving first aid equipment
- Motorola Moto G: a £135 smartphone to boost the budget market
- PS4 launch: Early reports of hardware faults dog the console
- Snapchat: Photo-sharing app rejects Facebook's $3bn acquisition offer
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Simon Read: At last, real powers to crack down on dodgy claims firms
- Donald MacInnes: How my 21st went all wrong with non-stop B52s and bubbly
- Tesco blow as discount on six wine bottles ends
- Chinese changes may offer investors new hope
- Struggling with bills? Time to sell your home
- Money Insider: Don't delay... make the switch and cash in with a new bank account
- Five questions about: The Surviving Winter 2013 appeal
- Mark Dampier: Fund manager cites history as he bets against a Japanese recovery
- Derek Pain: Why patience is still a virtue when it comes to shares
- Simon Read: Energy price changes are set to hit more people than ever. It's wrong
- Questions of Cash: I had a devil of a time over my double payments to Demon
- Bargain Hunter: Cut-price Eurostar trip can help blow away those new year blues
- Money alert: HSBC unpaid transaction fees
- Do you know your bank manager? Do you even have one? If not, you're far from alone...
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Welcome to the Cloud: All you need to know about what cloud computing can do for students
- Students outraged as ULU president Michael Chessum arrested in 'attack on the right to protest'
- Cambridge 'Rear of the Year' competition caught out over trademark infringement
- Student protesters rally in London as campaign to save ULU begins
- Westminster University students ‘furious’ after controversial Islamic preacher booked for charity dinner talk
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
Hard line on immigration could cost Tories the election
- 1 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Canadian woman suing police who locked her in van with sex offender who then raped her