Day In a Page
Thursday, 14 November 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Is there an afterlife? The science of biocentrism can prove there is, claims Professor Robert Lanza
- Why grandma, what a big family tree you have... Scientific research has been used to trace Little Red Riding Hood’s roots....
- Your dog is 10,000 years older than scientists thought
- 3.5 billion-year-old 'horribly smelly' fossil found in Australia is 'oldest ever complete example of life on Earth'
- Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- It's a clamity! Ming the clam, the world's oldest animal, killed at 507 years old by scientists trying to tell how old it was
- Joaquin Hernandez Galicia: Oil workers' leader who became rich and powerful but fell foul of president he made the mistake of crossing
- Bobby Parker: Bluesman whose riff from 'Watch Your Step' was borrowed by both the Beatles and Led Zeppelin
- Hetty Bower: Political activist whose membership of the Labour Party stretched back to the days of Keir Hardie
- Steve Prescott: Sportsman who raised hundreds of thousands of pounds for charity after being diagnosed with terminal cancer
- Professor Olive Stevenson: Academic whose work helped pave the way for effective provision of child protection services
- Colonel Earl Browning: Counter-intelligence officer who was a lone voice in opposing the use of Klaus Barbie as a paid informant
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- A glasnost moment? Unlikely. The Chinese remember what happened to the Soviets
- The demeaning message of Cara Delevingne's gloves: that there is nothing sexier than a scantily-clad woman doing the chores
- Argentina couldn’t rewrite its history, and neither can the Conservatives
- It’s parental attitudes that will help overcome the problem of lacking social mobility
- The Big Questions: How should we chose which Philippines typhoon charity to support? Should Cameron have gone to Sri Lanka?
- The Commonwealth is an organisation whose useful life may have ended
- Assassins can change history – but not in the way they expect
- Inside Westminster: The Coalition is steadily coming undone
- Errors and Omissions: Can you have too much ubiquity? Oh yes, you can
- Cashless is the future. Small businesses must adapt or pay the price
- He was going to immortalise me on canvas. But I’m 3D and I’ve only got an hour
- To stop the 'designer vagina' boom, let's make young women aware that genitals aren't all the same
- Still sweet on Saakashvili: Why, after all these years, I’ve still got a man crush on Misha
- Tales from the Water Cooler: Leave The Duke of Wellington's cone alone
- An architectural puzzle: Why is Zaha Hadid building the Iraqi Parliament in Baghdad?
- ‘Life inside the Secret State’ shows why Kim Jong-il was right to fear the growth of markets
- The relaxation of China's One Child Policy is necessary, and long overdue
- The names of theatres have emotional and sentimental resonance. Let's value their history
- Yes to Counselling and weight-loss plans, but doctors must ensure they treat each case of obesity individually
- Man about Town: Knitted wombs for a Friday night out
- The video of a dolphin is shocking, but is it just because it reminds us of ourselves?
- Why Sainsbury’s featuring Co-op items is a triumph for Christmas adverts
- Whether it’s Typhoon Haiyan or Rana Plaza, why are some victims more worthy than others?
- Blurred lines: John Tavener was an odd mix of minimalist, royalist and mystic – so why listen up?
- i Editor's Letter: Bike safety
- Channel 4's ‘Bedlam’ is right to expose the tough reality of severe mental illness
- We are ruled by an ‘out-of-touch, moneyed elite’. But their advantages might actually help
- Don’t tell us under-25s we’re stingy. Paying our way is hard enough as it is
- No wonder the Mafia are nervous. This pope is not one to indulge the wishes of gangsters
- In Viennese painting of the early 20th Century, you get a sense of horrors to come
- Boris's comments on ‘hasty, rash, precipitous’ cyclists is classic government victim-blaming
- It's obvious why John McCririck was put out to grass - and it has nothing to do with his age
- So why did Snapchat reject Facebook's huge offer?
- Chilcot Inquiry: Why should the conversations of Blair and Bush be made public?
- The abuse to Charlene White shows the issue of wearing a poppy has become massively overblown
- Cameron shouldn't have gone to Sri Lanka. But here are three things he can salvage from the trip
- Anti-rape underwear: Do women really need to put themselves under lock and key?
- Eric Schmidt joining the Economist is a feather in London's cap
- Keep cycling deaths in perspective
- Cameron is attacking those he thinks ‘lack aspiration’. What would he know?
- Why we all should Marvel at this Muslim superhero
- i Editor's Letter: The pain of never knowing what happened to your son
- The blame game: Threatening nurses with criminal liability is wrong
- Recovery lite: The latest data are encouraging, but the fundamental weaknesses of Britain’s economy cannot be disguised
- Labiaplasty or “designer vagina” operations should not be marketed as a ‘lifestyle choice’
- Sri Lanka’s appalling human rights record raises questions about legitimacy of the Commonwealth
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Sachin Tendulkar retirement: The 'Little Master' out for 74, so has he missed his chance for a final century?
- Sachin Tendulkar retirement: The 'Little Master' reaches 38 not-out on the first day of his final appearance for India
- Ashes 2013-14: Steve Finn closes on Test place with timely reminder of his strike-rate
- The Ashes 2013-14: Aaron Finch warns Graeme Swann that Pup, Watto and Bails will be flying
- Sachin Tendulkar retirement: Massive outpouring of emotion for Little Master
- Ashes 2013-14: Joe Root lands second successive fifty to ease fears over England's middle order
- Sachin Tendulkar retirement: Final test sees Little Master turn back the clock
- The Ashes 2013-14: Your complete guide to the tour Down Under
- US Grand Prix: Red Bulls on top after fog blurs picture
- F1: Jenson Button admits his surprise after McLaren team-mate Sergio Perez is replaced by rookie Kevin Magnussen
- F1: Paul Di Resta backs cousin Dario Franchitti to remain in motor racing after forced retirement
- F1: Heikki Kovalainen handed Lotus drive – for two races only
- F1: Lotus announce former Renault, McLaren and Caterham driver Heikki Kovalainen as Kimi Raikkonen's replacement for US and Brazil Grand Prix's
- F1: McLaren confirm Kevin Magnussen will replace Sergio Perez for 2014
- F1: Michael Schumacher rejected approach from Lotus to race in last two Grand Prix of the season
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- PS4 US launch: Sony promises more games for the new Playstation
- Breakthrough in quantum computing smashes previous records
- In pictures: PS4 launches in America
- In pictures: PS4 launches in America
- PS4 games on release: we pick the seven best for Sony's new console
- Defibrillator iPhone app launched to help locate life saving first aid equipment
- Motorola Moto G: a £135 smartphone to boost the budget market
- PS4 launch: Early reports of hardware faults dog the console
- Snapchat: Photo-sharing app rejects Facebook's $3bn acquisition offer
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Simon Read: At last, real powers to crack down on dodgy claims firms
- Donald MacInnes: How my 21st went all wrong with non-stop B52s and bubbly
- Tesco blow as discount on six wine bottles ends
- Chinese changes may offer investors new hope
- Struggling with bills? Time to sell your home
- Money Insider: Don't delay... make the switch and cash in with a new bank account
- Five questions about: The Surviving Winter 2013 appeal
- Mark Dampier: Fund manager cites history as he bets against a Japanese recovery
- Derek Pain: Why patience is still a virtue when it comes to shares
- Simon Read: Energy price changes are set to hit more people than ever. It's wrong
- Questions of Cash: I had a devil of a time over my double payments to Demon
- Bargain Hunter: Cut-price Eurostar trip can help blow away those new year blues
- Money alert: HSBC unpaid transaction fees
- Do you know your bank manager? Do you even have one? If not, you're far from alone...
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Welcome to the Cloud: All you need to know about what cloud computing can do for students
- Students outraged as ULU president Michael Chessum arrested in 'attack on the right to protest'
- Cambridge 'Rear of the Year' competition caught out over trademark infringement
- Student protesters rally in London as campaign to save ULU begins
- Westminster University students ‘furious’ after controversial Islamic preacher booked for charity dinner talk
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Alex Salmond: 'The rocks would melt with the sun before I'd ever set foot in the House of Lords'
- 5 Ice Bucket Challenge: US firefighter Tony Grider dies after participating in charity craze near power lines