Day In a Page
Sunday, 16 February 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- One in four Americans 'don't know the Earth orbits the Sun' and only half believe in evolution
- Scientists find revolutionary ‘biomarker’ for clinical depression in teenage boys
- Scientists warn over coming era of deep sea mining
- Killer starfish are eating the Great Barrier Reef by smothering and digesting its flesh
- Russian satellite Kosmos-1220 'burned up in atmosphere', claims defence ministry official
- Working on the 'God particle' saved my life, says Peter Higgs
- The Sixth Extinction: Earth is on the brink of another massive loss of animal species but this time the calamity isn't an asteroid or ice age...
- Extreme loneliness worse for health than obesity and can lead to an early grave, scientists say
- Russian satellite Kosmos-1220 set to crash to Earth is ‘very real danger’ to populated areas
- UK weather: High anxiety among jet stream watchers
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Are protesters overthrowing a brutal despot, or merely bad losers at the polls?
- Climate change and its risks are not going away, Mr Cameron
- Extreme commuting is a no-life sentence
- Ukip has a sell-by date... and it's May 2015
- Nature Studies: Here’s what you can do about climate change
- Amid mining strife in South Africa, there’s no light at the end of the tunnel for Jacob Zuma
- Nick Clegg may be batting his eyelashes at Labour, but he won't turn a cold shoulder on the Tories
- Forget the Soho House look. I just want to keep up with the Canadians
- It's time for Stephen Fry to hang up his tuxedo as host of the Baftas. But who could replace him?
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: I can't cope with living in cramped conditions
- Between Jordan Horner's ‘free speech’ and a Government crackdown on Islamic extremism, I know which one I'd choose
- Grace Dent: How Prince became a purple pain
- Grace Dent: Stand with me, people of Britain. Say it loud and proud - ‘I watch four hours of rubbish TV a day and I am not ashamed!’
- I am female. I have a regional accent. And I have every right to be a Member of Parliament
- Why we need to teach sexting in schools
- Andrew Adonis: London by bus - day two
- How do we get young people to vote? The solution's simple
- Who are we to judge decisions on funeral arrangements made by the recently bereaved?
- i Editor's Letter: A price increase after a three-and-a-quarter year freeze
- Helen Mirren is right: When did TV violence against women become so acceptably ubiquitous?
- The floods may have finally shocked rightwingers into taking climate change seriously
- Samuel L Jackson’s riposte to the man who mistook him for Laurence Fishburne is priceless
- Is Europe really a safe enough place for my African friend to visit?
- Sky takes up the cultural challenge by investing in British talent and content
- Maybe we shouldn’t be so quick to deride Kristen Stewart’s creative juices
- Proof that politics hasn’t changed
- Civilians are dying. Campaigners are being kidnapped. The world cannot turn a blind eye to America’s drone attacks in Pakistan
- Boris Johnson sides with Cameron in union bashing, but the mayor may decline Dorries’ fervent support
- The Bank of England is wrong to assume that falling unemployment signals rising wages
- Andrew Adonis: London by bus
- Kristen in verse, tea for two, Bob, the character builder and a modern hero in a flap
- Capitol Hill longs for drama in a crisis
- Will the recovery be able to withstand the weather?
- Our beautiful scars, dead-drunk kids and radical porcelain
- A cultural change we once only dreamt of
- Flooding and our craze for paving, at home with the Murdochs and politics and pancakes
- How do you solve a problem like Marius?
- My love is like... an avenging sitting hen
- Water, water, everywhere and no dignitary in sight
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Winter Olympics 2014: Team GB freestyle skier Rowan Cheshire recovering from facial injuries and concussion after halfpipe accident
- Ian Herbert: Sports abuse on Twitter is hitting record highs but rather than confront the trolls we must starve them of the publicity they crave
- Winter Olympics 2014: 'Careless' Eve Muirhead must now take hard route to curling gold
- Winter Olympics 2014: Team GB women's curling team reach semi-finals despite defeat to Denmark
- Winter Olympics 2014: British halfpipe skier Rowan Cheshire knocked unconscious
- Winter Olympics 2014: Russian ice hockey team edged out under glare of President Vladimir Putin
- Winter Olympics 2014: Russia's ice hockey poster boy fails to get President Putin smiling
- Winter Olympics 2014: Russian hockey fans protest outside US embassy in Moscow over disallowed goal
- Winter Olympics 2014: Team GB men's curling team still have shot at medal despite defeat to China
- Winter Olympics 2014: Ice hockey spectator in hilarious 'backside 180' Sochi selfie
- Winter Olympics 2014: Lizzy Yarnold will use gold to inspire girls to strive for their dream
- Winter Olympics 2014: Jamaican bobsleigh team earn one love from Sochi but last place beckons
- Winter Olympics 2014: British men's curlers slip to defeat in Sochi
- Olympic briefing: Day of reckoning for British curling teams;
- Winter Olympics 2014 Cold Snapshots: Spine surgery for Russian freestyle skier Maria Komissarova
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Nike Back to the Future style self-lacing shoes 'will arrive in 2015'
- Google criticised for the availability of adult and abusive content in its Play store
- Twitch plays Pokémon: the largest massively multiplayer Pokémon game is beautiful chaos
- Google buys audio password firm SlickLogin in an attempt to bump up web security
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster