Day In a Page
- Shadow Morton: Enigmatic producer who co-wrote Leader of the Pack for The Shangri-Las
- Kevin Ayers: Singer, guitarist and pioneer of British psychedelic rock
- Mary McIntosh: Sociologist, writer and pioneer in the feminist and gay movements
- Reg Jenkins: Rochdale's most prolific marksman
- John Ammonds: Producer behind Morecambe and Wise
- Dave Chisnall: Powerful, pacey Warrington prop
- Mike Banks: Climber who made the first ascent of Rakaposhi
- Derek Batey: Affable host of the long-running game show Mr & Mrs
- MS Gopalakrishnan: Revered Southern Indian violinist
- I just want to watch the Hovis TV ad, I don’t want to take part in it
- If more money is needed for peacekeeping, Government should collect it by tackling tax avoidance
- Think of the children? Politics needs to grow up and stop putting the youngest first
- Barely noticed, civil war is raging in Whitehall
- Whether it's Prince Harry and a ski slope, Prince Philip and a nurse, or Kate Middleton and Hilary Mantel, our monarchy doesn't bear much scrutiny
- Stupidity is contagious – just watch the television news headlines
- Even after his latest gaffe, silly Philip is the least of our problems
- Blurred vision: Why aid money shouldn't be diverted to the military
- Amritsar: Why, when it comes to crimes of empire, ‘sorry’ often comes with a price tag
- It infiltrates all parts of modern life, but how to deal with passive aggressive behaviour?
- It's time the Brit Awards stopped caring about who looks good on ITV
- PS4 is powerful, always-connected and ready for the online world
- The time has come, but who will be the inaugural winner of the Contrarian Prize?
- Yes I'm Jewish, but don't define me by my faith
- The answer to the Mantel Middleton Maelstrom is obvious: replace the monarchy with pandas
- The lesson from Eastleigh is simple: the Conservative leadership has lost control of the party
- IVF treatment: Baby steps in the right direction
- London Fashion Week without trends! Can you imagine the horror?
- Creationist free schools are an abuse - ancient ignorance has no place in education
- Anonymity for the accused: Rape is different to other crimes, and we need to talk about why
- We should all take a leaf from Hilary Mantel's book of honesty
- David Cameron in India: people, not politicians, will cement our countries' common future
- Brit Awards 2013: No wild things from a music scene in the wilderness of mediocrity
- PlayStation 4 launch: Your questions answered
- Poll: Was 2013 the most boring Brit Awards ever?
- ‘The Philippines must be half-empty’: The Duke of Edinburgh's latest gaffe
- 3 Viral YouTube Videos that are better than the Harlem Shake
- Penis size DOES matter (according to female golden moles, at least)
- Google glass video shows tech specs in action
- Excitement grows before Playstation launch
- Mother hires strippers for 16-year-old son's birthday, faces jail
- What a coup! Ricky Ponting signs to play for Surrey
- Ian Bell: T20 generation's new tricks are widening gap between formats
- Classy Joe Root shows panache to be England fixture straight away
- Alastair Cook praises Joe Root after England level one-day series against New Zealand
- England bite should be too sharp for Kiwi pussycats
- Ben Stokes and Matt Coles sent home for poor behaviour
- Ricky Ponting will join Surrey in June
- 1 What, let gays get married? We must be bonkers
- 2 'Something passed underneath us, quite close': Airbus A320 has close encounter with UFO
- 3 Rocky Horror star Tim Curry 'suffers major stroke'
- 4 Exclusive: How MI5 blackmails British Muslims
- 5 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.