Day In a Page
Tuesday, 20 May 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Katie Hopkins denies being a racist... by being massively racist
- Prince Charles' response to cross-dressing impersonation of The Queen is priceless
- Caroline Wozniacki: Rory McIlroy breaks off engagement to Danish tennis player days after sending wedding invites
- Mario Balotelli in legal battle to gain access to toddler daughter
- Silvio Berlusconi’s answer to Jeremy Paxman’s question ‘Did you call Angela Merkel an ‘unf**ckable lard-a**e’?
- Michael Jace arrested: The Shield actor allegedly 'confesses' to shooting wife
- Courtney Love claims she 'tried to help' Peaches Geldof on heroin abuse before she died: 'I know how Peaches liked opiates'
- Danny Dyer recites war poetry: The Eastenders actor embraces his literary side once again
- John Inverdale blames hay fever for 'sexist' comments made about Marion Bartoli’s looks
- Donald Sterling NBA racism row: LA Clippers owner charged with damaging league over racist comments
- José Mourinho hired as UN Ambassador Against Hunger: ‘I am not going to be a man of press conferences’
- Jeremy Paxman asks Silvio Berlusconi: 'Is it true you called Angela Merkel an 'unf**kable lard-a**e'?'
- Morrissey celebrates his birthday with dramatic PETA film about a chicken called Nugget
- Radu Florescu dead: Legacy of the Romanian 'Dracula professor' remembered
- Grace Coddington banned from Instagram for posting topless line cartoon
- Michael Jace: The Shield actor taken in for questioning after his wife is shot dead at their family home
- Gabby Logan admits to tax avoidance: ‘I will pay it back’
- Max Clifford divorce: Wife Jo files to High Court for 'quickie divorce' from disgraced PR guru
- Worst commute ever? 50 children play the recorder for 40 minutes on the underground
- 'Concerned' woman rings police after her cat brings home a bag of cannabis
- McDonalds introduces mildly terrifying Happy Meal mascot to try and stop kids eating cheeseburgers
- Foul ball baseball kid Austin Chaney talks through his smooth move
- Health experts to vote on whether to destroy the last few samples of smallpox
- Experiments could cause deadly bird flu pandemic, scientists warn
- Mary Anning: Why is British fossil collector and palaeontologist so important?
- Giant poem scrubs the air clean of pollutants
- Climate change is creating more female sea turtles than males - and it could end the species
- Wireless power breakthrough could spark new generation of medical implants
- What causes people to commit mass murder?
- New plastic surgery installs 'internal bra' under the skin for 'firm, young-looking breasts'
- Phil Sharpe: England and Yorkshire cricketer who forged a reputation as one of the best slip fielders in the history of the game
- Jeb Magruder: Nixon campaign manager who was jailed for his part in the Watergate conspiracy and went on to find God
- Dave Blakey: Muscular footballer at the heart of Chesterfield FC's defence for more than 650 games across three decades
- Gordon Willis: Cinematographer and low-light maestro who shot the 'Godfather' trilogy and made nine films with Woody Allen
- David Abbott: Advertising copywriter renowned for his integrity and acclaimed as one of the finest in the industry
- Professor Louise Wilson: Formidable professor of fashion design whose outspoken style inspired some of the industry's brightest figures
- Jack Brabham: Ferociously competitive racing driver and team owner who won the F1 world title three times
- Dobrica Cosic: Novelist who fuelled the cause of Serbian nationalism and went on to serve briefly as president of Yugoslavia
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- What staff get up to in their bedrooms, or offices, should be kept private
- The success of Hinchingbrooke Hospital shows when the state should welcome the private sector - and when it shouldn't
- Politicians need to stop thinking in terms of ‘ordinary’ people
- Happy birthday Yaya Toure!
- ‘It's Not About the Nail’ is a lesson in gender politics - and the evolution of modern media
- Inside Whitehall: With a nudge, government hopes to accomplish more than regulations ever could
- Maybe it’s time I stopped forcibly unplugging my 16-year-old from the internet
- There's no off-switch for sexism. The Premier League should have sacked Scudamore
- Shares in Credit Suisse rose when they admitted helping tax evasion
- Does Miliband really want to win the election?
- Are you old enough to be a Panini sticker collector?
- Scudamore's sexism scandal
- Why must we stop Boko Haram? Look at Sudan
- The Tories' possible allies in Europe are an extremely dubious bunch
- i Editor's Letter: E-cigarettes on the NHS
- i Editor's Letter: Caught in the mortgage trap
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Chris Cairns is named by another accuser in match-fixing probe
- Simon Kerrigan: Bowler looking to turn the tables after last year's ordeal
- Revealed: My life with a match-fixer, by Lou Vincent's ex-wife
- Former New Zealand all-rounder Chris Cairns faces match-fixing interview as ICC regrets leak
- Toby Roland-Jones' remarkable four career-bests take Middlesex top
- England v Sri Lanka ODI series 2014: The goodwill of fans is still there, insists Alastair Cook
- Twenty20 England v Sri Lanka: A new era, but some of the old problems still persist
- Toby Roland-Jones cuts loose as Middlesex aim high against Northants
- Twenty20 England v Sri Lanka: Errors creeping in again but progress of Harry Gurney offers England hope for new era
- Phil Sharpe dead: Former Yorkshire and England batsman Sharpe dies, aged 77
- County Championship round-up: Somerset's Craig Overton claims first five-wicket haul of his career against Durham
- County Championship round-up: Gloucestershire's overseas batsmen put Kent to the sword
- Monaco Grand Prix 2014: Lewis Hamilton chases the dream of five wins in a row
- Lewis Hamilton tops the rich list of Britain's wealthiest sporting stars with staggering £68m
- F1 Monaco Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton believes he is in for a tough battle with Nico Rosberg for the title but plays down talk of Mercedes sweeping the season
- F1: Lotus owner Gerard Lopez claims Romain Grosjean is a wanted man and believes he could 'drive for any team' on the grid
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Will Facebook save democracy? 'I'm a Voter' feature launches across Europe in time for parliamentary elections
- eBay hack: Users asked to change passwords after cyberattack hits 145 million
- Google replaces Apple as the 'world's most valuable brand' thanks to 'surprise and delight'
- FBI 'weed' problem in cyber-war
- From fireworks to firefighters: The best GoPro videos that helped launch a $100m brand
- GoPro's $100m IPO: Camera maker behind viral hits wants to become a 'media entity'
- Blackshades: International arrests target $40 malware used from Hampshire to Syria
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- How do you get the best mortgage deals with interest rates set to rise?
- Mortgages: What should I do if I’ve got three years or more to go on a fixed-rate mortgage?
- Mortgages: What should I do if I’ve got a year or two to go on a fixed-rate mortgage?
- Mortgages: What should I do if I’ve got six-to-12 months to go on a fixed-rate mortgage?
- Mortgages: What should I do if I’ve got three-to-six months to go in a fixed-rate mortgage?
- Mortgages: What should I do if I’m on a standard variable rate?
- Thousands of people facing eviction or repossession every week, says Shelter
- Millions face becoming ‘mortgage prisoners’ as rise in interest rates could trap to 2.3m homeowners
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
Sony hack: Angelina Jolie branded 'seriously out of her mind' in further embarrassing leaked email saga
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more