Day In a Page
Wednesday, 21 May 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Thousands of bees swarm Topshop
- Ghosts of the World Wars
- Madrid matadors gored at San Isidro festival
- Prix Pictet photography prize shortlist
- Ukraine crisis aftermath: Slavyansk residents show the scale of damage caused by weeks of unrest
- England's best beaches
- Happiest and unhappiest places to live in Britain
- Chelsea Flower Show 2014
- Paul McCartney: Fears for former Beatle after virus puts him in Tokyo hospital
- Judge William Sheffield has worked with Steven Spielberg, advised Indira Gandhi, and - best of all - invented the now-legendary banana slicer
- Robert Pattinson's advice to young stars: 'Get therapy, become a serial killer or kill yourself'
- Angelina Jolie could run for political office
- Jodie Marsh: Fashion retailer Asos donates £10,000 to anti-bullying campaign after likening model to a man on Twitter
- John Inverdale replaced by Clare Balding as BBC 5 Live presenter after 'sexist' Marion Bartoli comments
- Elin Nordegren still in therapy following split from Tiger Woods: ‘I'm not going to deny that I went through the wringer’
- Nigel Farage: The many faces of the Ukip leader by the people who know him best
- Peaches Geldof death: Radio 1 DJ Nick Grimshaw 'It has made me re-evaluate my life and what I am doing with it'
- Rolling Stones manager Prince Rupert Loewenstein dies aged 80
- Harvey Milk Day: Why the former Wall Street banker is still the most influential LGBT activist – 36 years after his murder
- Katie Hopkins denies being a racist... by being massively racist
- Prince Charles' response to cross-dressing impersonation of The Queen is priceless
- Caroline Wozniacki: Rory McIlroy breaks off engagement to Danish tennis player days after sending wedding invites
- Mario Balotelli in legal battle to gain access to toddler daughter
- Silvio Berlusconi’s answer to Jeremy Paxman’s question ‘Did you call Angela Merkel an ‘unf**ckable lard-a**e’?
- Michael Jace arrested: The Shield actor allegedly 'confesses' to shooting wife
- Courtney Love claims she 'tried to help' Peaches Geldof on heroin abuse before she died: 'I know how Peaches liked opiates'
- High hopes for new malaria vaccine based on blood protein
- SETI astronomers tell US Congress 'there's alien life out there'
- Top ten new species of 2014 - from tree-dwelling carnivores to translucent shrimp
- How to save a spacecraft: Nasa approves crowd-funded attempt to rescue abandoned 70s probe
- Health experts to vote on whether to destroy the last few samples of smallpox
- Experiments could cause deadly bird flu pandemic, scientists warn
- Mary Anning: Why is British fossil collector and palaeontologist so important?
- Giant poem scrubs the air clean of pollutants
- Climate change is creating more female sea turtles than males - and it could end the species
- Clyde Snow: Forensic anthropologist whose pioneering methods helped bring the perpetrators of Argentina's dirty war to justice
- Phil Sharpe: England and Yorkshire cricketer who forged a reputation as one of the best slip fielders in the history of the game
- Armando Peraza: Percussionist who played with a host of jazz greats and worked with Carlos Santana for two decades
- Radu Florescu: Historian who was the first to make the link between Bram Stoker's Dracula and the prince Vlad the Impaler
- Prince Rupert zu Loewenstein: Banker whose invention of the business model for modern rock made rich men of the Rolling Stones
- Jeb Magruder: Nixon campaign manager who was jailed for his part in the Watergate conspiracy and went on to find God
- David Abbott: Advertising copywriter renowned for his integrity and acclaimed as one of the finest in the industry
- Gordon Willis: Cinematographer and low-light maestro who shot the 'Godfather' trilogy and made nine films with Woody Allen
- Dave Blakey: Muscular footballer at the heart of Chesterfield FC's defence for more than 650 games across three decades
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- ‘New’ and ‘Old’ Europe are at loggerheads
- Those selfish separated couples plunder our economy with relentless greed
- The low stakes of Biden’s visit to Cyprus show Obama’s failures in the post-Arab Spring world
- Theresa May is right to challenge the police
- Nigel Farage: I seldom agree with Prince Charles. And I’m not about to start
- What corporate culture could learn from Star Wars' director JJ Abrams
- There's too much Hitler - and too many Henrys - in our schooling system
- E-cigs: A hell of a lot better than cancer
- Is the 'internal bra' the modern corset?
- I'm a Greek immigrant who loves Britain – and Ukip is ruining it
- #FindOurSailors: This is not the same as Flight MH370 or the missing Nigerian schoolgirls
- It's not just Nigel Farage who overlooks the threat from Russia. Whole European elites are at it too
- What staff get up to in their bedrooms, or offices, should be kept private
- The success of Hinchingbrooke Hospital shows when the state should welcome the private sector - and when it shouldn't
- Politicians need to stop thinking in terms of ‘ordinary’ people
- Happy birthday Yaya Toure!
- ‘It's Not About the Nail’ is a lesson in gender politics - and the evolution of modern media
- i Editor's Letter: Prince Charles should not have entered the fray
- i Editor's Letter: E-cigarettes on the NHS
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Simon Kerrigan: Bowler looking to turn the tables after last year's ordeal
- Chris Jordan and Gary Ballance lift the gloom over England
- Kevin Pietersen: New ECB chief Paul Downton says the decision to sack the batsman was backed by every member of the England set-up
- Essex agree deal 'in principle' to play Twenty20 matches at the London Olympic Stadium from 2016, confirms chief executive Derek Bowden
- Match-fixing latest: ECB charge Lou Vincent and Naved Arif with fixing the result of a 40-over match in 2011 between Sussex and Kent
- Toby Roland-Jones' remarkable four career-bests take Middlesex top
- Former New Zealand all-rounder Chris Cairns faces match-fixing interview as ICC regrets leak
- England v Sri Lanka ODI series 2014: The goodwill of fans is still there, insists Alastair Cook
- County Championship round-up: Somerset's Craig Overton claims first five-wicket haul of his career against Durham
- BMW PGA Championship 2014: Rory McIlroy tries to relieve the hurt with fine opening round
- BMW PGA Championship latest: Thomas Bjorn uses local knowledge to his advantage to set the early pace at Wentworth
- PGA Championship 2014: Rory McIlroy’s roller-coaster life takes another lurch after he breaks off Caroline Wozniacki engagement
- Monaco Grand Prix 2014: Ferrari chief shoots down talk of Fernando Alonso discontent before rumours even appear
- F1 Monaco Grand Prix: Adrian Newey rejects Ferrari move by stressing he remains committed to Red Bull 'for the foreseeable future'
- F1 Monaco Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton finishes the day on top as Fernando Alonso prevails in rain-affected second practice
- Monaco Grand Prix 2014: Lewis Hamilton chases the dream of five wins in a row
- Lewis Hamilton tops the rich list of Britain's wealthiest sporting stars with staggering £68m
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Are your gadgets built by slave labour? Half of big tech firms 'ignorant' of supply chains
- Will Facebook save democracy? 'I'm a Voter' feature launches across Europe in time for parliamentary elections
- eBay hack: Users asked to change passwords after cyberattack hits 145 million
- Google replaces Apple as the 'world's most valuable brand' thanks to 'surprise and delight'
- FBI 'weed' problem in cyber-war
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- How do you get the best mortgage deals with interest rates set to rise?
- Mortgages: What should I do if I’ve got three years or more to go on a fixed-rate mortgage?
- Mortgages: What should I do if I’ve got a year or two to go on a fixed-rate mortgage?
- Mortgages: What should I do if I’ve got six-to-12 months to go on a fixed-rate mortgage?
- Mortgages: What should I do if I’ve got three-to-six months to go in a fixed-rate mortgage?
- Mortgages: What should I do if I’m on a standard variable rate?
- Thousands of people facing eviction or repossession every week, says Shelter
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Oxford University student union votes to disaffiliate from the NUS
- Public intellectual AC Grayling wades into Oxford Union presidency row
- Want to have more sex at university? Study Philosophy at Brighton, survey suggests
- Britons caught in migrant benefit crackdown
- Most students believe they don't get value for money at university, says survey
- Interpol chief calls on Oxford Union president Ben Sullivan to step down
- US student loses testicle after scuffle with police
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 King Salman: Just five days in, Saudi Arabia's new king has already overseen a beheading
- 2 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Presidential optical illusion offers clues to how brain processes faces
- 5 Grumpy Roald Dahl letter warning student to 'eschew beastly adjectives' rediscovered after 35 years