Day In a Page
Monday, 22 April 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Tim McFarland: Noted authority on the literature of medieval Germany
- George Jackson: Songwriter who penned hundreds of soul, rock and r'n'b tunes
- Clarita von Trott: Activist whose husband was executed for plotting to assassinate Hitler
- Jonathan Winters: Comedian who inspired Carrey and Williams
- Mike Denness: Cricketer who famously dropped himself from the team as captain of England
- Sir John Burgh: Senior civil servant and leader of the British Council
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 20 years after the murder of Stephen Lawrence, it’s taboo to talk racism
- If Heathrow has anything to declare, it should be ‘Welcome to Britain’
- Maybe economic growth is going out of fashion
- How can Salmond argue Scotland shouldn’t have its own currency?
- How can we really tackle the housing crisis?
- Does anyone really give a f**k about swearing?
- Poor Liz Truss, she’s as confused as my toddler and her views won't solve our childcare crisis
- Eric Pickles's championing of traditional English counties is something we can all get behind
- Attitudes to race really have improved
- Is questioning tweeting teens or investigating historical crimes the best use of police time?
- Why do we now build the smallest new homes in Western Europe?
- Luis Suarez proves we can't expect a sport as amoral as football to show any teeth
- Costs aside, earning again won’t be easy for Chris Huhne
- Want to be really unfit? Try these simple exercises
- 45 Things To Do In England (To Confirm You’d Rather Go Abroad)
- Two cheers for modern British democracy
- A Tory Councillor, a West Sussex village and some inner city kids - if only all racism was this simple
- How did Manchester get so good at University Challenge? Fingers on the buzzers, please
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: Living apart together
- The Rohingyas are fall guys in Burma's race to harness chauvinism
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The fastest century in history: Chris Gayle hits 100 from just 30 balls in the IPL
- The fastest century in cricket history: Chris Gayle hits a ton off 30 balls for Royal Challengers Bangalore in Indian Premier League
- Rajan's Wrong 'un: Mischief-maker CMJ will always be a hero to me
- Witness Mervyn Westfield told to attend Danish Kaneria appeal
- Triple crown for Sprinter despite slow Irish going
- High street bookmakers to repay stakes placed on horses involved in Godolphin doping scandal
- You dope! Racing faces its greatest crisis over Godolphin steroid scandal
- Godolphin in 'shock' as trainer Mahmood al-Zarooni admits steroid use
- Sprinter's Irish journey far more than a lap of honour
- Hot Snap and Toronado roll back the years for Cecil and Hannon
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver allegedly kicks gay couple off for kissing
Amal Alamuddin calls for the return of the Elgin Marbles from Britain: 'Injustice has persisted for too long'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage
- 1 Indian footballer Peter Biaksangzuala dies after injuring spine doing somersault celebration
- 2 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 3 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake report claiming that the street artist's identity has been revealed
- 4 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 5 Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'