Day In a Page
Wednesday, 22 May 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Richard Thorp: Actor best known as reformed character Alan Turner in 'Emmerdale'
- Mick McManus: Wrestler who revelled in his status as the man the British public loved to hate
- Brian Greenhoff: Dynamic heart of Tommy Docherty's 1970s Manchester United team
- Mack Emerman: Recording studio mogul
- Billie Sol Estes: Businessman and notorious conman
- Alfredo Landa: Actor who gave his name to a genre of Spanish film
- Ray Manzarek: Keyboard player at the heart of the dark, brooding sound of The Doors
- Ken Venturi: Champion golfer and respected broadcaster
- Eddie Braben: Morecambe and Wise's scriptwriter
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Grace Dent: I’m not sure how these people can avoid being called ‘bigots’. And the more ‘civilised’, the worse they are
- The long recession has one silver lining; EU leaders are finally tackling 'tax shopping' head on
- Outside it’s midnight. Inside it’s teatime. Is this what’s wrong with me?
- Woolwich: The resilience of the British public is a strength not to be squandered
- Woolwich: The EDL were camped outside my house
- The popularity of the Chelsea Flower Show isn't waning - but perhaps it could widen?
- What, let gays get married? We must be bonkers
- Woolwich is only the latest act of barbarism: Muslims, we must take on this cancer in our midst
- Woolwich Attack: In the wake of horror like this, social media brings out our worst instincts
- How a Labour government could help our schools
- The legal aid cuts are just the beginning of a move towards a fully privatised criminal justice system
- Cot Death: Doctors and scientists should be clear when official advice changes
- The opinion of the IMF shouldn't matter, but Osborne has ensured it does
- Woolwich attack: We have a duty to report these images, but editors face difficult ethical questions
- Woolwich murder: They killed, then they performed - these men should be starved of our attention
- Woolwich attack: The EDL will seek to exploit this evil crime for their own evil ends
- Stop laying into GPs. We don't deserve it
- Sometimes Richard Dawkins must despair of us
- Our British democracy is a presidential system - minus the President
- Embrace the e-book, Stephen King. It is not for an author to tell his readers how to read
- So there's a crisis in housing stock? It must be middle-aged women divorcing for the fun of it
- What a kiss can tell us about the Royal Family - and our own stiff upper-lip
- Foster Care Fortnight: 'Trust and dependency in others are still skills he is learning'
- As Google and Apple are probed on tax avoidance, it's time for political leaders around the world to take a stand and stamp the practice out
- It's a hard ‘Gif’ life, Mr Wilhite
- Resident's view: Racial conflict has come to Woolwich for first time
- Editorial: A stand-off will not help the NHS
- Editorial: Every reason to aim for the stars
- Editorial: This grisly crime must not erode our freedoms
- Editorial: The case for keeping the Coalition is clear
- Editorial: May a thousand flowers still bloom at the Chelsea Flower Show
- Editorial: What can be done on corporate tax?
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Giro D'Italia: Mark Cavendish's painful day threatens points prize
- Giro d'Italia: Commanding Vincenzo Nibali closes in on victory
- Giro d'Italia: Stage 19 preview - video
- On The Road at the Giro d’Italia: It sounds sadistic, but the team live for the mountain stages
- Giro d'Italia: Vincenzo Nibali wins mountain time-trial stage
- Giro d'Italia: Stage 18 preview - video
- Cycling: Pat McQuaid backs investigation into UCI
- England v New Zealand: We will try to win it with words, says Neil Wagner
- England v New Zealand: Battle for Ashes place as Kevin Pietersen hovers in the wings
- Potent Graham Onions adds some flavour to Durham's Championship hopes
- Asad Rauf withdrawn from ICC Champions Trophy amid IPL corruption scandal
- Phil Mustard shows strength to slow early leaders Middlesex
- Joe Root remains grounded as 'dream' of Yorkshire Test hits home
- The Aussies are coming! Australian cricket team set off for the UK
- David Warner given maximum fine following Twitter outburst over IPL corruption article
- County Championship round-up: Joy for Sussex at the expense of Somerset
- David Warner fined for Twitter comments
- County Championship round-up: Graham Napier hits fifth half-century in nine innings
- Sergio Garcia / Tiger Woods 'fried chicken' racism row takes fresh twist after 'coloured athletes' comment
- After racist remark, Sergio Garcia fights for reputation as Tiger Woods slams 'hurtful' fried chicken joke
- Toxic phrase count rises as European Tour chief talks of 'coloured athletes'
- As the Sergio Garcia / Tiger Woods racism row escalates, we ask: is golf racist?
- Former Ryder Cup captain urges Sergio Garcia and Tiger Woods to settle row
- James Lawton: Sergio Garcia cracks as major fault line opens up again following racist remark aimed at Tiger Woods
- Rory McIlroy puts aside management split to revive faltering season
- Tiger Woods: Sergio Garcia's 'fried chicken' remark wasn't silly, it was 'wrong, hurtful and inappropriate'
Life & Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
David Cameron: 'Jesus invented the Big Society – I'm just continuing God's work'
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage on Have I Got News For You: Ukip leader ridiculed over expenses and party 'fruitcakes'
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for auction...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 3 Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Scientists warn we've hit 'peak beard': The more people grow facial hair, the less attractive it is