Day In a Page
Thursday, 22 May 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The Italian State Police get new Lamborghini Huracan squad car
- Baby saved from fall off two-storey building in China after amazing catch by local resident
- Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott cancelled university visit to not 'give students an excuse to riot'
- What does North Korea really look like?
- Postcard from... Landscheid
- Postcard from... Astana
- Paul Sykes: The financier behind Nigel Farage
- Man About Town: A Wembley day out tinged with anxiety
- The reason why the Pope has a Twitter and not a Facebook account
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West wedding: The people who definitely won’t be at the merger in Florence this weekend
- Tulisa Contostavlos trial verdict postponed as judge calls for extra witnesses
- Lesley Manville interview: ‘You wouldn’t recognise me in the street’
- Mark Cuban apologises to Trayvon Martin family but claims 'we all have prejudices and bigotries'
- Macaulay Culkin wants Anne Robinson to be his mother: 'She’s so fierce and cold'
- Phil Robertson homophobic rant filmed: Duck Dynasty personality attacks 'homosexual behaviour' in church sermon
- Angelina Jolie counters Gwyneth Paltrow: UN Ambassador says actresses shouldn't 'complain' about being working mothers
- Harvey Milk stamp unveiled: LGBT activist honoured at the White House
- Michael Jace: The Shield actor charged with murder after 'fatally shooting his wife'
- Leila Hatami: Student group calls for Iranian actress to be flogged following Cannes Film Festival kiss
- Paul McCartney: Fears for former Beatle after virus puts him in Tokyo hospital
- Judge William Sheffield has worked with Steven Spielberg, advised Indira Gandhi, and - best of all - invented the now-legendary banana slicer
- Robert Pattinson's advice to young stars: 'Get therapy, become a serial killer or kill yourself'
- Angelina Jolie could run for political office
- Jodie Marsh: Fashion retailer Asos donates £10,000 to anti-bullying campaign after likening model to a man on Twitter
- John Inverdale replaced by Clare Balding as BBC 5 Live presenter after 'sexist' Marion Bartoli comments
- Elin Nordegren still in therapy following split from Tiger Woods: ‘I'm not going to deny that I went through the wringer’
- Nigel Farage: The many faces of the Ukip leader by the people who know him best
- Peaches Geldof death: Radio 1 DJ Nick Grimshaw 'It has made me re-evaluate my life and what I am doing with it'
- Rolling Stones manager Prince Rupert Loewenstein dies aged 80
- Harvey Milk Day: Why the former Wall Street banker is still the most influential LGBT activist – 36 years after his murder
- Nasa creates entire world made out of selfies
- High hopes for new malaria vaccine based on blood protein
- SETI astronomers tell US Congress 'there's alien life out there'
- Top ten new species of 2014 - from tree-dwelling carnivores to translucent shrimp
- How to save a spacecraft: Nasa approves crowd-funded attempt to rescue abandoned 70s probe
- Camille Lepage: Photojournalist whose career was dedicated to chronicling conflicts often underreported by the mainstream media
- Clyde Snow: Forensic anthropologist whose pioneering methods helped bring the perpetrators of Argentina's dirty war to justice
- Jaime Lusinchi: Politician who was unable to deal with an economic crisis in Venezuela and was later charged with corruption
- Jeff Kruger: Businessman who opened the Flamingo Club, which was at the epicentre of the British jazz and r’n’b scene
- Prince Rupert zu Loewenstein: Banker whose invention of the business model for modern rock made rich men of the Rolling Stones
- Radu Florescu: Historian who was the first to make the link between Bram Stoker's Dracula and the prince Vlad the Impaler
- Armando Peraza: Percussionist who played with a host of jazz greats and worked with Carlos Santana for two decades
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The real surprise is that Ukip did not do better
- Inside Westminster: We might have entered an era of four-party politics
- Celebrity weddings: gaudy carnivals of vulgarity and revenge
- Memo to Labour: Hold the champagne
- The Longitude Prize gives us a new hero
- I know who should pay for their GP appointments: the people who don’t turn up for them
- Thanks but no thank-you letters
- You think the NUS is left-wing now - you should have been there in the 80's
- I have dwarfism. It shouldn't be awkward to talk about it
- Should Labour get rid of Ed Miliband?
- It's not just sweets at the checkout that supermarkets use to fool us
- ‘New’ and ‘Old’ Europe are at loggerheads
- Those selfish separated couples plunder our economy with relentless greed
- The low stakes of Biden’s visit to Cyprus show Obama’s failures in the post-Arab Spring world
- Theresa May is right to challenge the police
- Nigel Farage: I seldom agree with Prince Charles. And I’m not about to start
- What corporate culture could learn from Star Wars' director JJ Abrams
- There's too much Hitler - and too many Henrys - in our schooling system
- E-cigs: A hell of a lot better than cancer
- Is the 'internal bra' the modern corset?
- I'm a Greek immigrant who loves Britain – and Ukip is ruining it
- #FindOurSailors: This is not the same as Flight MH370 or the missing Nigerian schoolgirls
- It's not just Nigel Farage who overlooks the threat from Russia. Whole European elites are at it too
- i Editor's Letter: Royal Mail's “universal service obligation”
- i Editor's Letter: Prince Charles should not have entered the fray
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Match-fixing latest: Lou Vincent set to face further fixing charges as lawyer denies plea bargain agreement
- Chris Jordan the star for new-look England
- Chris Jordan and Gary Ballance lift the gloom over England
- Kevin Pietersen: New ECB chief Paul Downton says the decision to sack the batsman was backed by every member of the England set-up
- Essex agree deal 'in principle' to play Twenty20 matches at the London Olympic Stadium from 2016, confirms chief executive Derek Bowden
- Match-fixing latest: ECB charge Lou Vincent and Naved Arif with fixing the result of a 40-over match in 2011 between Sussex and Kent
- BMW PGA Championship 2014: Rory McIlroy tries to relieve the hurt with fine opening round
- BMW PGA Championship 2014: Rory McIlroy’s mood improves but Lee Westwood finds fault with flags
- BMW PGA Championship latest: Thomas Bjorn uses local knowledge to his advantage to set the early pace at Wentworth
- F1 Monaco Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton cannot wait for the ‘scary roller-coaster ride’ to fifth victory
- F1 Monaco Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg agrees reported two-year contract extension with front-runners Mercedes
- F1 Monaco Grand Prix: Sebastian Vettel hopes to celebrate Red Bull century with first victory of the season as champions close in on Mercedes
- Monaco Grand Prix 2014: Ferrari chief shoots down talk of Fernando Alonso discontent before rumours even appear
- F1 Monaco Grand Prix: Adrian Newey rejects Ferrari move by stressing he remains committed to Red Bull 'for the foreseeable future'
- F1 Monaco Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton finishes the day on top as Fernando Alonso prevails in rain-affected second practice
- Paul Newman: John Inverdale lucky to stay on air after foot-in-mouth outbreak over new partner Marion Bartoli
- French Open 2014: Andy Murray can build on the clay foundations laid in Rome
- French Open 2014: Andy Murray can build on the clay foundations laid in Rome
- French Open 2014: James Ward wins through by ‘fighting like the Arsenal’
- French Open 2014: Andy Murray drawn against Andrey Golubev as he prepares for Roland Garros return
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991 with most Brits wanting to stay in'
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Couple die within 28 hours of each other after being married for 73 years