Day In a Page
Tuesday, 23 October 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Walter Harrison: Labour whip whose efforts did much to keep the party in power in the 1970s
- Stanford Ovshinsky: Pioneering inventor
- Russell Means: American Indian activist and actor
- Svetozar Gligoric: Grandmaster who challenged Soviet dominance
- Flight Lieutenant William Walker: The oldest surviving pilot from the Battle of Britain
- Claude Cheysson: Outspoken politician who was famously 'handbagged' by Mrs Thatcher
- Gart Westerhout: Celebrated astronomer
- Willy van Rysel: Long-distance swimming pioneer
- Claude Cheysson
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Is it sad that I find the US elections so enthralling?
- A 'Black Players' Association' won't end racism in football
- Rached Ghannouchi says he doesn’t want an Islamic state in Tunisia. Can he prove his critics wrong?
- Is the perfect day different for men and women?
- There's something queasy about Conrad Black appearing on prime-time TV
- Work for your pension? That’s a bit rich, my Lord
- If you can’t say what’s in it, don’t eat it
- Politicians of all hues want more local democracy. But do any of them know what it actually means?
- If you ask me...the Newsnight editor was right, what woman doesn’t love having her reputation ruined?
- My chance to worship at the feet of the great nature writer Ronald Blythe
- Some sins remove you from the guest list. Others just don’t matter
- Why does the notion of human rights get such a bad press in Britain?
- The GDP figures say Britain is out of recession. But keeping our economy growing won't be easy
- For interns, or the young and out of work, E4's ‘The Work Experience’ was painful viewing
- Standardised food labels won't end 'calorie confusion'
- What it's like to be gay in the world's most homophobic country
- Caitlin Moran's comments are just one example. Too often our media sees only shades of white
- ‘Girls’ is not diverse, not feminist and not empowering
- Never mind Skyfall and Daniel Craig; James Bond has always been stylish, insecure, and a bit rubbish
- Our shock is not enough. Malala's attackers must be brought to justice
- Print journalism is becoming a luxury few can afford
- Teaching our children to ‘read’ and ‘write’ – the case for computer science
- Electronically tracking kids is paranoid parenting
- The values of Democracy 15 will come from our supporters. Are these a good starting point?
- Why are they trending? #iMac, #ipadmini, James Bond
- Spearmint Rhino's 24 hour strip club and Page 3 - you're not about 'choice' for women
- Mitt Romney's Gulf gaffe just a ripple in this cliffhanger of a contest
- Why I refuse to wear wool
- He’s pummelled Paxman. He’s battered Boulton. Now I’m rooting for a Conrad Black hat-trick
- What one axed ‘story’ tells us about truth and the power of journalism in Britain
- Romney was outclassed by Obama, but it’s still all to play for in the US presidential elections
- Britain, the eurozone, and how we could win the battle for the EU budget but lose the war
- I’ll happily wager Russians will have a new capital by mid-century
- Diary: Conrad Black is back and Hansard has its own, secret Cabinet reshuffle
- At last! Commissioners will restore public trust in the police by devolving power and are long overdue
- Barack Obama and Mitt Romney both revealed weaknesses in a debate that won't be decisive
- America’s vast domestic surveillance regime is an affront to liberty. The example should be resisted
- There's more to anti-racism in football than the Kick it Out campaign - as the likes of Rio Ferdinand know
- Are women-only parks the answer to street harassment in Pakistan?
- Caitlin Moran and Lena Dunham are great, but take note Vagenda - feminism isn't just a white, middle class movement
- We need a 21st century Voltaire Test to fight the growing power of censorship around the world
- Chris Kirkland goalkeeper assault is one for courts, but hooliganism exists - just look at the abuse against Sheffield Wednesday manager Dave Jones
- George Pratt's faith in atheism: Scouts must Promise to Obey - and if they don't, they're out
- 'Ugly girl': The negative messages we send to our daughters
- Why are they trending? #Lynndebate, Romney, Tour de France, Lance Armstrong, Ceefax
- The shadow of George W Bush hovered over last night's debate between Obama and Romney
- Did Trenton Oldfield deserve six months?
- Top ten weirdest mobile phone insurance claims
- Suspected clown paedophile in band called The Core Of Your Nightmares
- The New Yorker endorses Barack Obama
- Skeleton of elderly man found in bed (in pyjamas) who died at least 15 years ago
- Popular kids in high-school will earn higher wages
- Is Donald Trump going to leak Obama divorce papers?
- Lap dances aren't art, folks
- Paranormal Activity, not Madagascar 3, shown to audience of toddlers
- I GPS tracked my wife, and it didn't feel good
- Girl dies after drinking cans of Monster
- Obama vs Romney: best of the Twitter reaction
- Reaction: Obama vs Romney, the third presidential debate
- Editorial: The battle for equal pay begins on the shopfloor
- Editorial: Savile - a stick to beat the BBC with
- Editorial: Another chapter of the phone-hacking scandal
- Editorial: Turn right to buy weapons, left for the Church
- Editorial: Not a convincing Director-General
- Editorial: Did Nick Clegg sell out in vain?
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair