Day In a Page
Tuesday, 23 April 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Jim Mortimer: Union official and Labour's General Secretary during hard times for the Party
- Jagdish Sharan Verma: Indian chief justice
- Patrick Garland: Lauded director for stage, screen and television
- Terry Devon: Much-loved singer of the postwar years
- Phyllis Naidoo: Activist who fought to end apartheid
- Richie Havens: Folk singer and songwriter who became a hero of the counter-culture
- Tim McFarland: Noted authority on the literature of medieval Germany
- George Jackson: Songwriter who penned hundreds of soul, rock and r'n'b tunes
- Clarita von Trott: Activist whose husband was executed for plotting to assassinate Hitler
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- For all their rage, the Tories know Qatada is going nowhere fast
- Grace Dent: If every man or woman’s home is their castle, who cares if it costs £1 to buy?
- Pope John Paul II has been fast-tracked to sainthood - so where do we sign up?
- BBC boy wonder Danny Cohen shows one approach to success, but Alex Ferguson, 71, has another
- The tabloids need to stop feigning ignorance of eating disorders
- If Heathrow has anything to declare, it should be ‘Welcome to Britain’
- Maybe economic growth is going out of fashion
- How can Salmond argue Scotland shouldn’t have its own currency?
- How can we really tackle the housing crisis?
- Does anyone really give a f**k about swearing?
- Poor Liz Truss, she’s as confused as my toddler and her views won't solve our childcare crisis
- Eric Pickles's championing of traditional English counties is something we can all get behind
- Attitudes to race really have improved
- Is questioning tweeting teens or investigating historical crimes the best use of police time?
- Why do we now build the smallest new homes in Western Europe?
- Luis Suarez proves we can't expect a sport as amoral as football to show any teeth
- Without proper training, cyclists are riding for a fall
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ashes 2013: Fears over fitness of Kevin Pietersen heighten
- Ashes 2013: Is Australia's squad a mix of youth and experience - or pragmatic and panic-stricken?
- The fastest century in history: Chris Gayle hits 100 from just 30 balls in the IPL
- Chris Gayle and the story of the fastest centuries in cricket
- Brad Haddin calls for unity in Australia squad ahead of the Ashes
- The fastest century in cricket history: Chris Gayle hits a ton off 30 balls for Royal Challengers Bangalore in Indian Premier League
- Lancashire batsman Jordan Clark joins the six sixes elite
- County Championship round-up: Shivnarine Chanderpaul is cornerstone of opening-day recovery by Derbyshire
- Sheikh Mohammed furious over doping scandal as Newmarket stable is locked down
- Sir Des Champs spurs fresh belief
- Triple crown for Sprinter despite slow Irish going
- High street bookmakers to repay stakes placed on horses involved in Godolphin doping scandal
- You dope! Racing faces its greatest crisis over Godolphin steroid scandal
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world
- 1 Salisbury ranked seventh-best city in the world to visit in Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2015
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy has not been arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters