Day In a Page
Tuesday, 23 April 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Jim Mortimer: Union official and Labour's General Secretary during hard times for the Party
- Patrick Garland: Lauded director for stage, screen and television
- Jagdish Sharan Verma: Indian chief justice
- Richie Havens: Folk singer and songwriter who became a hero of the counter-culture
- Phyllis Naidoo: Activist who fought to end apartheid
- Terry Devon: Much-loved singer of the postwar years
- Clarita von Trott: Activist whose husband was executed for plotting to assassinate Hitler
- George Jackson: Songwriter who penned hundreds of soul, rock and r'n'b tunes
- Tim McFarland: Noted authority on the literature of medieval Germany
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- For all their rage, the Tories know Qatada is going nowhere fast
- Grace Dent: If every man or woman’s home is their castle, who cares if it costs £1 to buy?
- Pope John Paul II has been fast-tracked to sainthood - so where do we sign up?
- BBC boy wonder Danny Cohen shows one approach to success, but Alex Ferguson, 71, has another
- The tabloids need to stop feigning ignorance of eating disorders
- If Heathrow has anything to declare, it should be ‘Welcome to Britain’
- Maybe economic growth is going out of fashion
- How can Salmond argue Scotland shouldn’t have its own currency?
- How can we really tackle the housing crisis?
- Does anyone really give a f**k about swearing?
- Poor Liz Truss, she’s as confused as my toddler and her views won't solve our childcare crisis
- Eric Pickles's championing of traditional English counties is something we can all get behind
- Attitudes to race really have improved
- Is questioning tweeting teens or investigating historical crimes the best use of police time?
- Why do we now build the smallest new homes in Western Europe?
- Luis Suarez proves we can't expect a sport as amoral as football to show any teeth
- Without proper training, cyclists are riding for a fall
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ashes 2013: Fears over fitness of Kevin Pietersen heighten
- Ashes 2013: Is Australia's squad a mix of youth and experience - or pragmatic and panic-stricken?
- The fastest century in history: Chris Gayle hits 100 from just 30 balls in the IPL
- Chris Gayle and the story of the fastest centuries in cricket
- Brad Haddin calls for unity in Australia squad ahead of the Ashes
- The fastest century in cricket history: Chris Gayle hits a ton off 30 balls for Royal Challengers Bangalore in Indian Premier League
- County Championship round-up: Shivnarine Chanderpaul is cornerstone of opening-day recovery by Derbyshire
- Lancashire batsman Jordan Clark joins the six sixes elite
- Sheikh Mohammed furious over doping scandal as Newmarket stable is locked down
- Sir Des Champs spurs fresh belief
- Triple crown for Sprinter despite slow Irish going
- High street bookmakers to repay stakes placed on horses involved in Godolphin doping scandal
- You dope! Racing faces its greatest crisis over Godolphin steroid scandal
Life & Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Exclusive: Young people ‘want UK to stay in Europe’: Four in 10 adults aged 18 to 24 are ‘firmly in favour’ of membership, poll shows
Tom Daley ‘is gay because his father died’ says UK evangelist
Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
Kiss and yell: Italian protester charged with sexual assault after kissing riot police officer
PM denies two child limit for benefits is part of Tory welfare policy
Anachronistic and iniquitous, grammar schools are a blot on the British education system
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 27 animals died during filming of Hollywood blockbuster The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, says report
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early