Day In a Page
Tuesday, 23 April 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Jim Mortimer: Union official and Labour's General Secretary during hard times for the Party
- Jagdish Sharan Verma: Indian chief justice
- Patrick Garland: Lauded director for stage, screen and television
- Terry Devon: Much-loved singer of the postwar years
- Phyllis Naidoo: Activist who fought to end apartheid
- Richie Havens: Folk singer and songwriter who became a hero of the counter-culture
- Tim McFarland: Noted authority on the literature of medieval Germany
- George Jackson: Songwriter who penned hundreds of soul, rock and r'n'b tunes
- Clarita von Trott: Activist whose husband was executed for plotting to assassinate Hitler
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- For all their rage, the Tories know Qatada is going nowhere fast
- Grace Dent: If every man or woman’s home is their castle, who cares if it costs £1 to buy?
- Pope John Paul II has been fast-tracked to sainthood - so where do we sign up?
- BBC boy wonder Danny Cohen shows one approach to success, but Alex Ferguson, 71, has another
- The tabloids need to stop feigning ignorance of eating disorders
- If Heathrow has anything to declare, it should be ‘Welcome to Britain’
- Maybe economic growth is going out of fashion
- How can Salmond argue Scotland shouldn’t have its own currency?
- How can we really tackle the housing crisis?
- Does anyone really give a f**k about swearing?
- Poor Liz Truss, she’s as confused as my toddler and her views won't solve our childcare crisis
- Eric Pickles's championing of traditional English counties is something we can all get behind
- Attitudes to race really have improved
- Is questioning tweeting teens or investigating historical crimes the best use of police time?
- Why do we now build the smallest new homes in Western Europe?
- Luis Suarez proves we can't expect a sport as amoral as football to show any teeth
- Without proper training, cyclists are riding for a fall
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ashes 2013: Fears over fitness of Kevin Pietersen heighten
- Ashes 2013: Is Australia's squad a mix of youth and experience - or pragmatic and panic-stricken?
- The fastest century in history: Chris Gayle hits 100 from just 30 balls in the IPL
- Chris Gayle and the story of the fastest centuries in cricket
- Brad Haddin calls for unity in Australia squad ahead of the Ashes
- The fastest century in cricket history: Chris Gayle hits a ton off 30 balls for Royal Challengers Bangalore in Indian Premier League
- Lancashire batsman Jordan Clark joins the six sixes elite
- County Championship round-up: Shivnarine Chanderpaul is cornerstone of opening-day recovery by Derbyshire
- Sheikh Mohammed furious over doping scandal as Newmarket stable is locked down
- Sir Des Champs spurs fresh belief
- Triple crown for Sprinter despite slow Irish going
- High street bookmakers to repay stakes placed on horses involved in Godolphin doping scandal
- You dope! Racing faces its greatest crisis over Godolphin steroid scandal
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
Sony hack: Angelina Jolie branded 'seriously out of her mind' in further embarrassing leaked email saga
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more