Day In a Page
Tuesday, 23 April 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Jim Mortimer: Union official and Labour's General Secretary during hard times for the Party
- Jagdish Sharan Verma: Indian chief justice
- Patrick Garland: Lauded director for stage, screen and television
- Terry Devon: Much-loved singer of the postwar years
- Phyllis Naidoo: Activist who fought to end apartheid
- Richie Havens: Folk singer and songwriter who became a hero of the counter-culture
- Tim McFarland: Noted authority on the literature of medieval Germany
- George Jackson: Songwriter who penned hundreds of soul, rock and r'n'b tunes
- Clarita von Trott: Activist whose husband was executed for plotting to assassinate Hitler
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- For all their rage, the Tories know Qatada is going nowhere fast
- Grace Dent: If every man or woman’s home is their castle, who cares if it costs £1 to buy?
- Pope John Paul II has been fast-tracked to sainthood - so where do we sign up?
- BBC boy wonder Danny Cohen shows one approach to success, but Alex Ferguson, 71, has another
- The tabloids need to stop feigning ignorance of eating disorders
- If Heathrow has anything to declare, it should be ‘Welcome to Britain’
- Maybe economic growth is going out of fashion
- How can Salmond argue Scotland shouldn’t have its own currency?
- How can we really tackle the housing crisis?
- Does anyone really give a f**k about swearing?
- Poor Liz Truss, she’s as confused as my toddler and her views won't solve our childcare crisis
- Eric Pickles's championing of traditional English counties is something we can all get behind
- Attitudes to race really have improved
- Is questioning tweeting teens or investigating historical crimes the best use of police time?
- Why do we now build the smallest new homes in Western Europe?
- Luis Suarez proves we can't expect a sport as amoral as football to show any teeth
- Without proper training, cyclists are riding for a fall
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ashes 2013: Fears over fitness of Kevin Pietersen heighten
- Ashes 2013: Is Australia's squad a mix of youth and experience - or pragmatic and panic-stricken?
- The fastest century in history: Chris Gayle hits 100 from just 30 balls in the IPL
- Chris Gayle and the story of the fastest centuries in cricket
- Brad Haddin calls for unity in Australia squad ahead of the Ashes
- The fastest century in cricket history: Chris Gayle hits a ton off 30 balls for Royal Challengers Bangalore in Indian Premier League
- Lancashire batsman Jordan Clark joins the six sixes elite
- County Championship round-up: Shivnarine Chanderpaul is cornerstone of opening-day recovery by Derbyshire
- Sheikh Mohammed furious over doping scandal as Newmarket stable is locked down
- Sir Des Champs spurs fresh belief
- Triple crown for Sprinter despite slow Irish going
- High street bookmakers to repay stakes placed on horses involved in Godolphin doping scandal
- You dope! Racing faces its greatest crisis over Godolphin steroid scandal
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 Friends 20th anniversary: The highs and lows of the cast's careers since 2004
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster