Day In a Page
Tuesday, 23 April 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Jim Mortimer: Union official and Labour's General Secretary during hard times for the Party
- Patrick Garland: Lauded director for stage, screen and television
- Jagdish Sharan Verma: Indian chief justice
- Richie Havens: Folk singer and songwriter who became a hero of the counter-culture
- Phyllis Naidoo: Activist who fought to end apartheid
- Terry Devon: Much-loved singer of the postwar years
- Clarita von Trott: Activist whose husband was executed for plotting to assassinate Hitler
- George Jackson: Songwriter who penned hundreds of soul, rock and r'n'b tunes
- Tim McFarland: Noted authority on the literature of medieval Germany
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- For all their rage, the Tories know Qatada is going nowhere fast
- Grace Dent: If every man or woman’s home is their castle, who cares if it costs £1 to buy?
- Pope John Paul II has been fast-tracked to sainthood - so where do we sign up?
- BBC boy wonder Danny Cohen shows one approach to success, but Alex Ferguson, 71, has another
- The tabloids need to stop feigning ignorance of eating disorders
- If Heathrow has anything to declare, it should be ‘Welcome to Britain’
- Maybe economic growth is going out of fashion
- How can Salmond argue Scotland shouldn’t have its own currency?
- How can we really tackle the housing crisis?
- Does anyone really give a f**k about swearing?
- Poor Liz Truss, she’s as confused as my toddler and her views won't solve our childcare crisis
- Eric Pickles's championing of traditional English counties is something we can all get behind
- Attitudes to race really have improved
- Is questioning tweeting teens or investigating historical crimes the best use of police time?
- Why do we now build the smallest new homes in Western Europe?
- Luis Suarez proves we can't expect a sport as amoral as football to show any teeth
- Without proper training, cyclists are riding for a fall
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ashes 2013: Fears over fitness of Kevin Pietersen heighten
- Ashes 2013: Is Australia's squad a mix of youth and experience - or pragmatic and panic-stricken?
- The fastest century in history: Chris Gayle hits 100 from just 30 balls in the IPL
- Chris Gayle and the story of the fastest centuries in cricket
- Brad Haddin calls for unity in Australia squad ahead of the Ashes
- The fastest century in cricket history: Chris Gayle hits a ton off 30 balls for Royal Challengers Bangalore in Indian Premier League
- County Championship round-up: Shivnarine Chanderpaul is cornerstone of opening-day recovery by Derbyshire
- Lancashire batsman Jordan Clark joins the six sixes elite
- Sheikh Mohammed furious over doping scandal as Newmarket stable is locked down
- Sir Des Champs spurs fresh belief
- Triple crown for Sprinter despite slow Irish going
- High street bookmakers to repay stakes placed on horses involved in Godolphin doping scandal
- You dope! Racing faces its greatest crisis over Godolphin steroid scandal
Life & Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 1 Bad cattitude: Family call police after crazed and 'hostile cat with a history of violence' attacks baby before attempting to 'flee custody'
- 2 Family forced to flee home after discovering 'terrifying' nest of spiders in bananas
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 Bob Crow death: 'Admired by his members, feared by employers' - Tributes pour in for RMT union leader and 'working class hero' Bob Crow