Day In a Page
Tuesday, 26 March 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Anthony Lewis: Journalist who defended civil liberties and twice won the Pulitzer Prize
- Peter Duckworth: Soldier and Olympian
- Clive Burr: Drummer with Iron Maiden
- George Petherbridge: Swashbuckling footballer loved for his work rate and flair
- Derek Watkins: Trumpeter who played on every Bond soundtrack
- Ieng Sary: Leading figure of the Khmer Rouge who later stood trial for crimes against humanity
- Rise Stevens: Mezzo-soprano with the Met for two decades
- Richard Street: Long-serving singer with the Temptations
- George Lowe: Last surviving member of the 1953 expedition that conquered Mount Everest
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Boris looks human among Westminster waxworks
- Edit out the sex and the audience is the loser
- Staffordshire terriers: the case for the defence after 14 year-old girl Jade Anderson was savaged to death
- David Miliband’s dignified exit does everyone a favour – including him
- Cyprus bailout: These controls betray the EU's fundamental tenets
- Shaming no-shows: Does the bill include alienation?
- The response to Mid Staffordshire: So do we now all agree on what ‘care’ means?
- With another month of snow forecast, you probably want a holiday. And quite right too - but where?
- Pigeon racing is hardly the same as cockfighting
- Bizarre ruling in the case of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito merely highlights failings of Italian justice system
- Boris would be a disastrous PM. So why do I quite like the idea?
- What I overheard on the Tube tells me Gove is making the right enemies
- Cyprus puts the whole project of austerity across Europe at risk
- Don’t leave sex education to porn stars
- If you must Tweet, Mr Osborne, please – no cats
- North Korea's latest nuclear threat is a failed attempt to wring some concessions from West
- Nurses and care training
- Prescott on the Queen, Mantel on Middleton: Why are we only now starting to criticise the royals?
- David Cameron and Theresa May have clashed with the ECHR, but tying the hands of governments is essential for a healthy democracy
- Israel is addicted to settlements. Obama should stop enabling its self-destruction
- Why do we only hear one side of society in Sherborne's Tesco spat?
- Fat tax on planes? Try this for an airline...
- An immigrant’s perspective on immigration
- Grow up, teachers. You knew what you were signing up for
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- New Zealand v England: Matt Prior holds firm to earn tourists stunning draw but Alastair Cook orders an inquest into failures
- New Zealand v England player ratings
- #kneebrace: Kevin Pietersen raises injury concerns ahead of Ashes after posting sombre picture
- England v Australia: Michael Clarke faces race against time to be fit for Ashes
- New Zealand v England: 'It was just my lucky day,' admits hero Matt Prior
- New Zealand v England: Alastair Cook couldn't watch final overs
- New Zealand v England: Brendon McCullum describes draw as 'heart-breaking'
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Top universities really are biased in favour of private school pupils
- In an emergency, break glass: Occupy Sussex and the bigger picture
- University of Sussex granted injunction against student occupation
- Uproar in Oxford as Trinity hosts Christian group with controversial views on homosexuality
- New Loughborough campus to be built on Olympic Park
- In pictures: Occupy Sussex mobilises in a day of action
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
Sony hack: Angelina Jolie branded 'seriously out of her mind' in further embarrassing leaked email saga
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more