Day In a Page
Tuesday, 26 March 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Anthony Lewis: Journalist who defended civil liberties and twice won the Pulitzer Prize
- Peter Duckworth: Soldier and Olympian
- Clive Burr: Drummer with Iron Maiden
- George Petherbridge: Swashbuckling footballer loved for his work rate and flair
- Derek Watkins: Trumpeter who played on every Bond soundtrack
- Ieng Sary: Leading figure of the Khmer Rouge who later stood trial for crimes against humanity
- Rise Stevens: Mezzo-soprano with the Met for two decades
- Richard Street: Long-serving singer with the Temptations
- George Lowe: Last surviving member of the 1953 expedition that conquered Mount Everest
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Boris looks human among Westminster waxworks
- Edit out the sex and the audience is the loser
- Staffordshire terriers: the case for the defence after 14 year-old girl Jade Anderson was savaged to death
- David Miliband’s dignified exit does everyone a favour – including him
- Cyprus bailout: These controls betray the EU's fundamental tenets
- Shaming no-shows: Does the bill include alienation?
- The response to Mid Staffordshire: So do we now all agree on what ‘care’ means?
- With another month of snow forecast, you probably want a holiday. And quite right too - but where?
- Pigeon racing is hardly the same as cockfighting
- Bizarre ruling in the case of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito merely highlights failings of Italian justice system
- Boris would be a disastrous PM. So why do I quite like the idea?
- What I overheard on the Tube tells me Gove is making the right enemies
- Cyprus puts the whole project of austerity across Europe at risk
- Don’t leave sex education to porn stars
- If you must Tweet, Mr Osborne, please – no cats
- North Korea's latest nuclear threat is a failed attempt to wring some concessions from West
- Nurses and care training
- Prescott on the Queen, Mantel on Middleton: Why are we only now starting to criticise the royals?
- David Cameron and Theresa May have clashed with the ECHR, but tying the hands of governments is essential for a healthy democracy
- Israel is addicted to settlements. Obama should stop enabling its self-destruction
- Why do we only hear one side of society in Sherborne's Tesco spat?
- Fat tax on planes? Try this for an airline...
- An immigrant’s perspective on immigration
- Grow up, teachers. You knew what you were signing up for
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- New Zealand v England: Matt Prior holds firm to earn tourists stunning draw but Alastair Cook orders an inquest into failures
- New Zealand v England player ratings
- #kneebrace: Kevin Pietersen raises injury concerns ahead of Ashes after posting sombre picture
- England v Australia: Michael Clarke faces race against time to be fit for Ashes
- New Zealand v England: 'It was just my lucky day,' admits hero Matt Prior
- New Zealand v England: Alastair Cook couldn't watch final overs
- New Zealand v England: Brendon McCullum describes draw as 'heart-breaking'
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Top universities really are biased in favour of private school pupils
- In an emergency, break glass: Occupy Sussex and the bigger picture
- University of Sussex granted injunction against student occupation
- Uproar in Oxford as Trinity hosts Christian group with controversial views on homosexuality
- New Loughborough campus to be built on Olympic Park
- In pictures: Occupy Sussex mobilises in a day of action
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Amal Alamuddin calls for the return of the Elgin Marbles from Britain: 'Injustice has persisted for too long'
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake report claiming street artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 4 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 5 The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'