Day In a Page
Friday, 28 December 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Hope in the face of horror
- Aid workers stay behind to protect rescued child soldiers
- Life on the run from the rebels: how your donations have helped
- Dear Diary, next year remind the politicians to make a date with the arts
- How do we regain trust in our institutions?
- If we’ve just had Frazzled Friday, what’s next on the 2012/13 calendar of excess?
- How we failed Dickens in his bicentenary year
- If you want to gauge the health of the government, just take a look at the Boxing Day papers
- My wild swimming ways and why it is the season to get back in touch with nature
- This week's big questions: Should Turkey join the EU? Should the UK have a referendum on leaving it?
- Errors and Omissions: You might have to wait some time if you dial 911 in an emergency
- This was the worst year in memory for Christmas TV and I've got the stats to prove it
- This Christmas let's celebrate the demise of a fixed television schedule
- Multi-cultural Britain can benefit from continuing Indian boom
- Iceland vol-au-vents and that Wizzard record: Why Christmas is the triumph of tat over taste
- What it feels like to witness a tragedy: The photographer who captured grief after Sandy Hook and Columbine tells his story
- Must Listen: ‘After You’ - Pulp release James Murphy collaboration and their first new track in 10 years
- In defence of Piers Morgan: The ex-Mirror editor has some unlikely champions
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Tributes paid as former England captain Tony Greig dies, aged 66
- Michael Clarke hopes Australia's crushing victory over Sri Lanka sends Ashes warning
- Yuvraj Singh inspires India to series-levelling win against Pakistan
- Michael Clarke wants Australia to build on victory over Sri Lanka
- Joe Root off to India after family illness rules out Jonny Bairstow
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
The rise of Ukip: Study warns Labour that Eurosceptic party's electoral base now 'more working class than any of the main parties'
Tony Benn was entirely ineffectual - and usually wrong
Europeans have ‘got whiter’ due to natural selection in past 5,000 years, scientists say
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Exclusive: World’s most pristine waters are polluted by US Navy human waste
- 3 Gender-specific books demean all our children. So the Independent on Sunday will no longer review anything marketed to exclude either sex
- 4 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 Q&A by Simon Calder: How far could it have travelled? Who was responsible and what would their plans be? And how can a plane just vanish?
- 5 'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Viral Facebook links are profiting hackers