Day In a Page
Tuesday, 29 January 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Andree Putman: Acclaimed designer who helped pioneer the concept of boutique hotels
- Abu Musa: Hard-line Palestinian commander
- Anselm Hollo: Poet, translator and teacher
- Jim Wallwork: Decorated glider pilot who took part in D-Day and Operation Market Garden
- Jimmy Payne: Footballer known as 'the Merseyside Matthews'
- Ed Cassidy: Drummer and mainstay of the LA psychedelic band Spirit
- Cardinal Jozef Glemp: Priest who helped lead Poland from communism to democracy
- Major Harris: Singer best known for 'Love Won't Wait'
- Dr Acer Nethercott: Olympic rowing cox and noted academic
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The private school grievances of head teachers like Frances King do not deserve such a public hearing
- If we want to improve childcare in Britain, we should learn from the example of Europe
- Your generosity has been inspiring - now it's time to put the money to good use
- If you ask me...Fill in this questionnaire, if you can be bothered
- Bother the doctor? Yes, and do it quick
- Today it’s office drug tests. Tomorrow you’re sacked for having a fag
- The Costa Book Award is hers, but let's be frank: Hilary Mantel peddles snobbish period soap operas
- The tragic rise of Gap year voluntourism
- Too often the West sees Africa as a pawn in a power game: John Kerry for one should know better
- Party longer with Mike Brown on the London Funderground: The Tube to stay open until 2am at the weekend
- In the old days we had tupperware parties, now we have botox parties
- Rupert Murdoch, Gerald Scarfe, and why – as a Jew – I'm dismayed by the Jewish lobby's outrage
- Scarfe's cartoon for the Sunday Times may have been unpleasant, but was it really anti-Semitic?
- ITV2's new show The big reunion: 6ix bands with the power to rock you
- Miles Kington: Still missed, five years on
- Ryan Gosling worship is leading to the rise of the 'blandsome'. Let's give men a (Diet Coke) break
- Who needs a spare room, anyway?
- Rupert Murdoch links sympathy for Palestinians to anti-Semitism. The truth is more complex
- Martin Clunes may be 'surprised' he's been ditched by Churchill Car Insurance. Nobody else is
- Share prices are rising, but growth is not. Is there a problem - and, if so, what should we do about it?
- Dear Mr Boles, there’s a lot worse than living among disused offices
- Childcare reforms must be seen, not just heard
- Get on this diet quickly – so you can get off it again!
- Our risk averse mental health system is wasting money and harming recovery
- Rupert Murdoch's Twitter slap-down has big implications - and not just for News Corp editors
- Bill Gates, impact evaluation, and why anxiety is a catalyst for more effective social change
- Why Vine, Twitter's new video-sharing service, is the best six seconds of your life
- Everything is about to change forever: My experience of gender dysphoria
- Bonuses are needed – taxpayers must accept it
- Chris Brown and other celebrities who've compared themselves to Jesus
- The reclusive family who didn't see another human for 40 years
- Obama, America, and the Great Inflection
- Love cats on the internet? Why they're really killer kitties
- Poll: Would you use the new Bang With Friends Facebook app?
- Another step forward for US immigration reform as Obama embraces Senate plan
- Berlusconi's praise for Mussolini on Holocaust Day demands condemnation
- Google, Yahoo and Marissa Mayer
- The Republican Party: Split to survive
- Rupert Murdoch says Gerald Scarfe got it wrong - but Charles Moore beat him to it
- Was Rupert Murdoch right to apologise for Gerald Scarfe's cartoon in the Sunday Times?
- WATCH: Hilarious clips of celebrities reading 50 Shades of Grey
- Tall groom, small bride: why is height still important to relationships?
- Editor of Business Insider flies economy class and thinks it's funny
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 3 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 4 AirAsia flight QZ8501 missing: Search for plane carrying 162 passengers from Indonesia to Singapore suspended overnight
- 5 Game of Thrones is most-pirated TV show of 2014