Day In a Page
Monday, 29 October 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Commander Bill King: The last surviving Second World War submarine commander
- Hans Werner Henze: Composer widely regarded as one of the greatest of the 20th century
- Peter Cork: Music teacher to Dudley Moore and composer for television and radio
- John Clive: Actor who also wrote thrillers
- Anthony Browne: Interior designer
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- As David Cameron faces cross-party demands for a real-terms cut in our EU budget, isn't it time we left the EU altogether?
- Madonna booed again for Obama comment: Is the singer just attention seeking?
- Iain Duncan Smith's 2-child policy: Should unemployed parents stop receiving child benefit if they have a third child?
- At least Louise Mensch's spat got her in the news again
- Conrad Black's barrage of facts in a bloodless victory
- As Sandi Firth is crowned the winner, why did some say Jewish Mum of the Year was bad for Jews?
- You may as well forget 4G until reception on the trains is up to speed
- Who could we possibly get to run the police better than they do themselves?
- As Hurricane Sandy batters the East Coast, how is America coping with its economic storm?
- I wish our politicians would stop talking about reforming the NHS and just get on and do it
- We live with our parents, act more politely and abuse fewer drugs. Is this Generation Zzzz?
- Oh, you poor middle classes, having to cut back on your lovely organic veg boxes
- How can we cure cancer when it's lifestyle that's to blame?
- The world must act to protect Burma’s Rohingya from starvation and slaughter
- No excuses, our leaders should debate on TV in 2015
- The persecution of the Rohingya: how a benighted minority in Burma suffer at the hands of despots
- My top ten favourite things about cancer
- Ed Miliband says he wants to reform mental health care. My years on the front line make me sceptical
- Tackling disease is key to solving global poverty
- If the Tories want a majority at the next election, they should hurry up and sign Lynton Crosby
- The end of feminism? There are more of us than you think
- Hurricane Sandy: Uptown, they described it as 'mostly hype' - but then came flying metal and flooded streets
- My christening dilemma: I'm gay and an atheist, should I be a godparent?
- Affairs with his Secretary, incompetence, amateur boxing... how John Prescott defies political gravity
- I’m confused. Is female nudity now demeaning or empowering?
- Stop knocking Halloween. It’s a chance to crack my teeth on toffee apples
- And so I bid Penguin a sad farewell
- Will George Osborne dare to be radical when he appoints the next Governor of the Bank of England?
- If you ask me...I am flabbergasted that an ancient crone like Gwyneth Paltrow could still be fabulous
- Iran's problems must be solved by its own people. But the West can help
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: Too young for the Women's Institute?
- Ed Miliband and Boris Johnson support the Living Wage. Will Whitehall and big firms dare to follow?
- A two-tier motorway would be ineffective, unjust, and add to the government's pile of #Omnishables
- Writing to your old teachers – it's a bit creepy, isn't it?
- The terrifying threat of collective suicide if the government takes the land of an Indian tribe
- Why are they trending? Hurricane Sandy, #Sandy, New York, This Morning
- Michael Gove's tougher teacher training tests won't solve the problem of teachers who can't spell
- Panic buying, happy retailers, and whispers about the great storm of 1938... how Hurricane Sandy is terrifying the East Coast of America
- Cathedral licker nears end of quest
- Seven fake Hurricane Sandy pictures you're sharing
- Hurricane Sandy: Huffington Post, Gawker, Buzzfeed, Gizmodo all down because of storm
- Did climate change cause Hurricane Sandy?
- US preacher blames Sandy on homosexuals
- Jimmy Savile, the BBC and creeps in showbiz
- Are all beautiful women boring? Samantha Brick strikes again
- Gary Barlow apologises to Tulisa for ‘fag ash breath’ comment
- College students: ‘I’d rather check Facebook than have sex’
- Poll: Most Americans are racist
- Boris Johnson rushes to The Guardian's defence
- Meet the 113-year-old woman who lives on £3 a month
- Gallery: Hurricane Sandy in pictures
- Is Wikipedia complete?
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Sebastian Vettel wins Ayrton Senna-style to extend title advantage
- Sebastian Vettel title charge made 'too easy' concedes McLaren chief
- Formula One budget cap 'unrealistic' says McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh
- Kimi Raikkonen set to remain at Lotus for 2013 season
- Lewis Hamilton hoping for final victory with McLaren before end of season
- Sebastian Vettel insists Formula One title race is not over
- French GP in line for return in 2013, says Ecclestone
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
'Women, walk wherever you want' posters taken down in Stamford Hill following 'unacceptable' signs separating men and women
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 3 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before a character like Homer or Lisa
- 4 British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
- 5 Pope Francis assures atheists: You don’t have to believe in God to go to heaven