Day In a Page
Thursday, 3 January 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- A ballooning problem: the great helium shortage
- Forensic scientists need skeletons to train – but they’re down to bare bones
- 'Black Beauty' rock is a 2 billion year old unique 'meteorite' from Mars, say scientists
- Whitehall puts Ranulph Fiennes' latest trek at risk – with a couple of tractors
- Our research is on ice due to shortage of helium
- Patti Page: Singer who sold 100m records but is best known for '(How Much Is) That Doggie'
- Charles Chilton: Producer and writer who created classic BBC radio shows and inspired 'Oh, What A Lovely War!'
- Rita Levi-Montalcini: Neuroscientist honoured for her work on cell development
- Mike Hopkins: Oscar-winning sound editor who worked with Peter Jackson
- N Joseph Woodland: Inventor of the barcode
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Where there’s hope – life after terror
- A Political Life: It’s the shameless doublespeak that makes politicians look like liars
- A gay bishop might be the painful medicine the Anglican Communion needs
- It's time to revive the memory of Hugh Gaitskell, the best Labour PM Britain never had
- Big Fat Quiz going ‘too far’? It’s as old as the oldest joke
- Cheetahs can run, otters can swim. But show me the animal that can hit three treble 20s
- This week's big questions: Why do people hate politicians? Should obese people who won’t exercise lose their benefits?
- Hold the personality please, Pret a Manger - I only came in for a sandwich
- Saudi Arabia, The Big Fat Quiz and a happy new year: The top 10 most read on Independent Voices over the last week
- You need a job. But are you shouting loud enough? (Like Adam Pacitti, who used a billboard)
- Errors and Omissions: Coffin, or casket? It’s time we got the matter off our chest
- Here's a bright idea to lower your energy bill, start paying by direct debit
- International Humanitarian Law must be bolstered to prevent the killing of more innocent civilians
- The top 10 comedians who were told they took it too far
- Never mind BBC1's Ripper Street, thanks to Cameron authentic Victoriana is everywhere
- My Big Fat Quiz of the Year and a case of entirely confected outrage
- Yes, you're racist: The casual comments permeating Twitter
- This outcry over rail fare increases is a just a softie southerners' whinge
- Samuel L. Jackson is right about bad Hollywood endings, but then real life isn't much better
- The Government has gone to great lengths to restrict access to university. Where was Willetts's concern for the disadvantaged then?
- “When I heard that Unicef was going to release child soldiers, I thought my prayers are answered”
- Common sense and respect for children in hijabs, please
- Oxfam has it right, it's time for aid organisations to see Africa differently
- Putting the guilty to death would be a step backwards for India, and do nothing to address its real problems
- As benefits dry up, Wonga will prosper: 2013 could be the year of the payday lender
- I thought there was no escaping him
- Stand up and admire the demotic nobility of darts
- After Matt Jarvis rallies against homophobia, here are five other footballers who've got involved politically
- Samuel L. Jackson goads a journalist into saying the N-word at Django junket
- Californian teenager spikes parents' milkshakes to spend time online
- Cauliflower and chocolate, anyone? Science unveils odd, new flavour combos
- How spontaneous was Neil Armstrong's famous moon landing line?
- Editorial: Who said the nasty party had gone away?
- Editorial: What about Britain's tax havens?
- Editorial: The US President's new team will forge his legacy
- Editorial: This could be the birth of the activist footballer
- Editorial: More Al Jazeera is good for the US
- Editorial: Better to fight in print than in person
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster