Day In a Page
Thursday, 3 January 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- A ballooning problem: the great helium shortage
- Forensic scientists need skeletons to train – but they’re down to bare bones
- 'Black Beauty' rock is a 2 billion year old unique 'meteorite' from Mars, say scientists
- Whitehall puts Ranulph Fiennes' latest trek at risk – with a couple of tractors
- Our research is on ice due to shortage of helium
- Patti Page: Singer who sold 100m records but is best known for '(How Much Is) That Doggie'
- Charles Chilton: Producer and writer who created classic BBC radio shows and inspired 'Oh, What A Lovely War!'
- Rita Levi-Montalcini: Neuroscientist honoured for her work on cell development
- Mike Hopkins: Oscar-winning sound editor who worked with Peter Jackson
- N Joseph Woodland: Inventor of the barcode
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Where there’s hope – life after terror
- A Political Life: It’s the shameless doublespeak that makes politicians look like liars
- A gay bishop might be the painful medicine the Anglican Communion needs
- It's time to revive the memory of Hugh Gaitskell, the best Labour PM Britain never had
- Big Fat Quiz going ‘too far’? It’s as old as the oldest joke
- Cheetahs can run, otters can swim. But show me the animal that can hit three treble 20s
- This week's big questions: Why do people hate politicians? Should obese people who won’t exercise lose their benefits?
- Hold the personality please, Pret a Manger - I only came in for a sandwich
- Saudi Arabia, The Big Fat Quiz and a happy new year: The top 10 most read on Independent Voices over the last week
- You need a job. But are you shouting loud enough? (Like Adam Pacitti, who used a billboard)
- Errors and Omissions: Coffin, or casket? It’s time we got the matter off our chest
- Here's a bright idea to lower your energy bill, start paying by direct debit
- International Humanitarian Law must be bolstered to prevent the killing of more innocent civilians
- The top 10 comedians who were told they took it too far
- Never mind BBC1's Ripper Street, thanks to Cameron authentic Victoriana is everywhere
- My Big Fat Quiz of the Year and a case of entirely confected outrage
- Yes, you're racist: The casual comments permeating Twitter
- This outcry over rail fare increases is a just a softie southerners' whinge
- Samuel L. Jackson is right about bad Hollywood endings, but then real life isn't much better
- The Government has gone to great lengths to restrict access to university. Where was Willetts's concern for the disadvantaged then?
- “When I heard that Unicef was going to release child soldiers, I thought my prayers are answered”
- Common sense and respect for children in hijabs, please
- Oxfam has it right, it's time for aid organisations to see Africa differently
- Putting the guilty to death would be a step backwards for India, and do nothing to address its real problems
- As benefits dry up, Wonga will prosper: 2013 could be the year of the payday lender
- I thought there was no escaping him
- Stand up and admire the demotic nobility of darts
- After Matt Jarvis rallies against homophobia, here are five other footballers who've got involved politically
- Samuel L. Jackson goads a journalist into saying the N-word at Django junket
- Californian teenager spikes parents' milkshakes to spend time online
- Cauliflower and chocolate, anyone? Science unveils odd, new flavour combos
- How spontaneous was Neil Armstrong's famous moon landing line?
- Editorial: Who said the nasty party had gone away?
- Editorial: What about Britain's tax havens?
- Editorial: The US President's new team will forge his legacy
- Editorial: This could be the birth of the activist footballer
- Editorial: More Al Jazeera is good for the US
- Editorial: Better to fight in print than in person
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Saudi Arabia executes 19 in one half of August in 'disturbing surge of beheadings'
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''