Day In a Page
Wednesday, 3 July 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- South Georgia enters the rat race to exterminate its very unwelcome invaders
- Medical ethicist: Ban on sex selection of IVF embryos is not justified
- Cockatoos show they can master the nuts and bolts
- Scientist claims humans could evolve beaks instead of teeth
- Japanese scientists grow working mini-livers for mice from stem cells
- Bone-marrow transplants leave men ‘HIV-free’
- Princess Fawzia Fuad: Daughter of King Fuad who married the Shah of Iran
- Emilio Colombo: Politician who helped shape modern Europe
- Jim Goddard: Director whose best work brought a grim, seedy beauty to London's underworld
- Major-General Jack Dye: Soldier who fought on the Rhine and went on to serve in Aden
- Kenneth Wilson: Physicist and Nobel laureate
- Jim Kelly: Actor best known as Williams in 'Enter The Dragon'
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- HS2 must not fail. If it does, investment in our future is doomed
- Profit making schools will bring chaos and cut standards
- Britain should not share its intelligence with the US
- Labour may be stranded in the desert by Tom Watson's resignation
- You’re not unemployed – you lack self-reliance
- Dislike Rihanna? Husband doesn't love you enough? Be your own Liz Jones with PimpMyFamily
- Women bishops are the first big test for Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby
- Egypt is not alone in its difficult transition
- Snowden's case shows it's not easy to gain refugee status
- The spy who loved me? Not quite
- Once struck, twice as deadly: why we should all fear Marine Le Pen
- We have known asbestos causes cancer for more than 100 years. So why are people still dying?
- When is a military coup not a military coup? When it happens in Egypt, apparently
- How safe is your kitchen? Our system for recalling faulty gas cookers isn't good enough
- Unions are sure to fight Gove's term time plans
- An invisibility cloak? We've already got social media
- Mandela coverage: a fine line between racism and ethics?
- Northerners VS Southerners: who comes out on top?
- Ramadan Live? How dare Channel 4 disturb my dreams of the EDL leader riding a lion through Trafalgar Square?
- 'HELLO? Can’t talk right now!' And I thought mobile rudeness was just a fad...
- Wimbledon 2013: Kim Cattrall is lovely, but the Royal Box should have more worthy guests
- Childhood obesity? Time to ditch the school run and bring back the school walk
- Voices in Danger: The abuse of activists in Bahrain
- Whistleblowers: Is a change in the law enough to protect them - and us?
- The trial of Pervez Musharraf is as much about Pakistan's future as it is about its past
- The battle for Mandela’s legacy is only beginning
- Health tourism: Do we need a crackdown?
- Happy 4th July Independence Day...wherever you are
- Poll: Should the BBC reflect more extreme views?
- How does Murray match compare to the most watched TV of all time?
- Twitter Reaction: Jay-Z's new album, Magna Carta Holy Grail
- Were you happy with the BBC coverage of Glastonbury?
- Poll: Is it rude to talk on your mobile phone at a shop checkout?
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Tour de France 2013: Mark Cavendish wins stage five
- Tour de France 2013: Crash leaves Mark Cavendish too exhausted for final sprint
- Tour de France 2013: Stage 7 preview - video
- Tour de France 2013: Mark Cavendish narrowly misses out on back-to-back victories
- Tour de France 2013: Team Sky claim tacks were put in road by spectators
- Tour de France 2013: Stage 6 preview - video
- Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray v Fernando Verdasco - as it happened
- Wimbledon 2013: Sabine Lisicki battles through to first grand slam final with victory over Agnieszka Radwanska
- Wimbledon 2013: Passionate Centre Court crowd can roar me into the final on Sunday, says Andy Murray
- Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray wary of quarter-final banana skin against Fernando Verdasco
- James Lawton at Wimbledon 2013: Colossal collision on Centre Court between Sabine Lisicki and Agnieszka Radwanska strikes a blow for women's game
- Wimbledon 2013: Marion Bartoli powers into final with straight sets victory over Kirsten Flipkens
- Nick Bollettieri's Wimbledon files: Smiling Sabine's big guns should make it a blast
- James Lawton: Novak Djokovic faces the big question - can he get any better?
- Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray is pushed to the very limit by big-hitter Fernando Verdasco
- Wimbledon 2013: Juan Martin del Potro recovers from fall to crush David Ferrer in quarter-final match
- Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray set for support from Sir Alex Ferguson, Roy Hodgson, Stuart Lancaster and Nemanja Vidic...
- Wimbledon 2013: 'I don't think Roger Federer's going to win any more majors,' says John McEnroe
- Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray calls in outsider from fishing village for left-field job against Fernando Verdasco
- Wimbledon 2013: Tandil Tower has to hope 13 is unlucky for Novak Djokovic
- Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray will be 'recovered by tomorrow' following five-set epic
- Wimbledon 2013: Kyle Edmund warns Andy Murray he faces a battle to beat Jerzy Janowicz
- Wimbledon 2013: Celebrity spotting in SW19
- Wimbledon 2013: Not your typical leading lady, finalist Marion Bartoli is proving a great attraction
- Wimbledon 2013: Britain's Kyle Edmund survives tough test to reach boys' singles semi-finals
- Wimbledon 2013: Odds on Women semi-finalists reaching last four was 33,379-1
- Wimbledon 2013: Order of play for Thursday 4 July
- Wimbledon 2013: All our yesterdays as Andy Murray reprises the Tim Henman years with five-set thriller
- Wimbledon 2013: Jerzy Janowicz's huge serve is big threat for Andy Murray in semi-final
- Wimbledon 2013: More like Glastonbury than Murray Mound after Andy Murray progresses to semi-final over five sets
- Wimbledon 2013: Marion Bartoli bustles in with a jump, skip and a shuffle aptly defies convention
- Wimbledon 2013: No room for Jonny O'Mara in the Kyle Edmund show
- Wimbledon2013: It’s the ladies semi-final countdown
- Wimbledon 2013: Jerzy Janowicz overpowers compatriot Lukasz Kubot in battle of the Poles
- Wimbledon 2013: Novak Djokovic continues serene progress with straight sets win over Tomas Berdych
- Wimbledon 2013: Anticipation builds on Murray Mound as Andy prepares to take on Fernando Verdasco
- Wimbledon 2013: Order of play for Wednesday 3 July
- Wimbledon 2013: Defeat to Tomas Berdych spurred me on to become World No 1, says Novak Djokovic
- SW19 Diary: Andy Murray's post box still good as gold
- SW19 Diary: Fergie still quick off the mark
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Dell hints at a move into wearable tech
- Twitter offers automatic translation for high profile Egyptian accounts
- Massive Android flaw leaves 99% of devices vulnerable
- Yahoo keeps the tab open, buys email organizing app Xobni
- Samsung acquires streaming-media startup Boxee for a smart TV push
- Why isn't there an Asian Google?
- Titanfall makes clean sweep of E3's Game Critics Awards - wins 6 prizes
- Microsoft shows off 3D touchscreen that 'touches' back
- Real 'Watch Dogs': Ubisoft hacked as millions of users exposed
- Yahoo's buys iPhone video app Qwiki for a reported $50m
- New contact lenses offer 2.8x optical zoom
- EE announces double speed networks of up to 150Mbps
- Ofcom proposes changes to superfast broadband to promote competition
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Alarm as numbers plummet for part-time students registering for university courses
- If you want to be employed after uni, study music...
- Controversy as EDL leader asked to speak at Oxford Union
- Only seven UK universities make the world top 100
- Great class divide hits universities: Social chasm still exists between state and private school pupils
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
- 1 The political parties aren't all the same – which means 2015 will be a 'big-choice' election
- 2 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 Naomi Wolf reacts to Isis 'conspiracy theories' critism after she questions whether beheading videos are real