Day In a Page
Tuesday, 30 October 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- John Moreton: War hero who, as a postwar diplomat, helped to dismantle the British empire
- Claude Pinoteau: Director of popular French cinema
- Margaret Osborne duPont: Grand Slam tennis champion over decades
- Terry Callier: Songwriter and singer whose folk and soul blend influenced British artists
- Eloy Gutiérrez-Menoyo: Fidel Castro's dissident Spanish comandante
- Daphne Slater: She played the first television Jane Eyre
- Peter Cork: Music teacher to Dudley Moore and composer for television and radio
- John Clive: Actor who also wrote thrillers
- Anthony Browne: Interior designer
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 'We evacuated for Hurricane Irene, but this time we chose to stay. The wind was scary'
- At least Louise Mensch's spat got her in the news again
- Walt Disney buying Lucasfilm makes perfect sense for both parties - but for Star Wars fans especially
- It's myopic to pretend all Arab states are the same. So stop traducing the United Arab Emirates
- 'Modernisation' is widely misunderstood. But who can doubt Heseltine is the true Tory moderniser?
- Why can't women parallel park? Fear of failure drives so many to distraction
- If you ask me...I'm terribly disappointed that you didn't rescue me from this fleece
- The betrayal of John Kahekwa: how Britain let down an inspirational conservationist from Congo
- The technology to tackle greenhouse gas emissions now exists. Are we brave enough to use it?
- It's time to give Christopher Hitchens a statue
- Obama might win. So might Romney. But whatever the result next week, it's none of our business
- When sporting journalists were real reporters
- The Mail Online mistook me for Zooey Deschanel and all I got was this lousy photo
- Oh do shut up about Europe! Why did the Tories abandon the wisdom of Thatcher and Major?
- Read this or die! On Halloween, here are some classic deadly e-myths
- It's perfectly nice of Barclays and Coutts to celebrate 'diversity'. But are they prepared to fight for it?
- The Savile accusations are sickening, but not surprising - rape is more common than we admit
- Sketch: Arrow points to defective part of capitalism
- Halloween traditions: Pumpkins heads and walks with the dead
- As Sandi Firth is crowned the winner, why did some say Jewish Mum of the Year was bad for Jews?
- You may as well forget 4G until reception on the trains is up to speed
- Who could we possibly get to run the police better than they do themselves?
- As Hurricane Sandy batters the East Coast, how is America coping with its economic storm?
- I wish our politicians would stop talking about reforming the NHS and just get on and do it
- We live with our parents, act more politely and abuse fewer drugs. Is this Generation Zzzz?
- Oh, you poor middle classes, having to cut back on your lovely organic veg boxes
- How can we cure cancer when it's lifestyle that's to blame?
- The world must act to protect Burma’s Rohingya from starvation and slaughter
- No excuses, our leaders should debate on TV in 2015
- The persecution of the Rohingya: how a benighted minority in Burma suffer at the hands of despots
- My top ten favourite things about cancer
- Ed Miliband says he wants to reform mental health care. My years on the front line make me sceptical
- Tackling disease is key to solving global poverty
- If the Tories want a majority at the next election, they should hurry up and sign Lynton Crosby
- The end of feminism? There are more of us than you think
- Hurricane Sandy: Uptown, they described it as 'mostly hype' - but then came flying metal and flooded streets
- My christening dilemma: I'm gay and an atheist, should I be a godparent?
- The Times prints cut-out Jimmy Savile Halloween mask
- Hackers to 'take down Facebook'
- Ten songs X Factor would never have the balls for
- Is France issuing a licence to rape?
- Halloween is too sexy
- Cathedral licker nears end of quest
- Seven fake Hurricane Sandy pictures you're sharing
- Hurricane Sandy: Huffington Post, Gawker, Buzzfeed, Gizmodo all down because of storm
- Did climate change cause Hurricane Sandy?
- US preacher blames Sandy on homosexuals
- Editorial: Protectionism is not the answer, Lord Heseltine
- Editorial: A boost for Britain's nuclear renaissance
- Editorial: Sometimes hospitals have to close
- Editorial: Sandy could tip the balance
- Editorial: An unknown electoral quantity named Sandy
- Editorial: Costas Vaxevanis – a Greek hero for our times
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery claims: 'I'm living a more fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Salisbury ranked seventh-best city in the world to visit in Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2015
- 3 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 4 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters