Day In a Page
Tuesday, 4 December 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Jimmy Stephen: Stalwart footballer for Portsmouth and Bradford Park Avenue
- Dave Brubeck: Pianist and composer hailed as a major figure of 20th century jazz
- Fyodor Khitruk: Acclaimed Soviet animator
- Juanita Casey: Writer, artist and horse breeder who lived the archetypal bohemian life
- John Hefin: Film-maker whose work celebrated Wales and its people
- Phil Taylor: Oldest surviving England football international
- Ian Campbell: Musician whose politically charged band led the British folk revival of the 1960s
- Zig Ziglar: Motivational speaker
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Dear Kate, after Leveson, the only name is Brian
- Sex doesn't get worse than this: Nancy Huston's Infrared deserved to win the Bad Sex Award 2012
- Time for an economics lesson, Mr Mackenzie
- George Osborne is a part-time Chancellor with his head in his hands. He slashed public spending and talked down the economy. What else did we expect?
- Nothing George Osborne said in his Autumn Statement can disguise how bleak the figures are
- Not so much a middle way as a muddle way: the Autumn Statement was just a progress report
- Kate Middleton is pregnant! If you ask me, it's about time we recalled a few choice fairy tales
- George Osborn's Autumn Statement proves that we’re already in Plan B. He just hasn’t told us
- British boardrooms gave a cautious welcome to George Osborne's Autumn Statement. But for workers and savers, there wasn't much to cheer
- They're teaching manners on board French trains. Can we have it here please?
- What is behind the catastrophic decline of our hovering raptor?
- Autumn Statement: After George Osborne said he was dropping the fuel duty rise, the man taking the credit set his sights on Gordon Brown's 10p tax
- George Osborne's deficit dissembling in the Autumn Statement
- Sexual failure in a literary form: the Bad Sex Awards and writers who don't say what they see
- UN Climate Conference: Fighting climate change is moral, vital, and in our own interests
- Spin it any way you like, George Osborne's Autumn Statement proves he is a failure as Chancellor
- Step one in the organ donation crisis - let's all get recycled
- George Osborne's cruel Autumn Statement will create a winter of discontent for the disabled
- Compassion in nursing starts elsewhere
- Does Anna Wintour know that the US embassy is moving? Does she still want to be Ambassador?
- Let's give all crimes the Leveson treatment
- Who exactly is supposed to be interested in Kate’s baby? Not me – and not anyone I know
- Talbot Church: The man the Royals trust
- How the very civil marriage between Cameron and Clegg brought out Gyles Brandreth's inner luvvie
- Which way will the US turn over the fiscal cliff? The key question about George Osborne's Autumn Statement is one the Chancellor can't answer
- As sperm quality declines, fewer couples will be able to have children
- Syria's elite used to believe the bureaucracy would continue even after the fall of Bashar al-Assad. After Makdissi’s defection, that has changed
- We're turning Britain into the most open and transparent and country on earth. Here's how you can benefit too
- Take it from a veteran – laughing isn’t funny at a nativity play
- An all female cast for Shakespeare's Julius Caesar at the Donmar? That sounds like progress to me
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: Will my untidy daughter ever get a man?
- An open letter to FHM, on why it’s not acceptable to refer to women as ‘victims’
- The sites that decide the price based on your internet history
- Rotherham gives Labour and Ed Miliband crucial lessons. Will they learn the right or wrong ones?
- Oh yes it's ladies’ night and the feeling's wrong
- Relax, Facebook’s Photo Sync is an opt-in feature. If you’re worried about privacy, simply don’t use it
- Art imitating life: How sexism in video games mirrors real-life gender imbalance
- So Atos are happy to test disabled people, but not so willing to evacuate them during a fire alarm
- Don't tell me it's a 'fact' that all Muslims in South Asia are descended from rapists
- The girl who was raised as a boy so she wasn't abused says a lot about society
- The Sketch: Deathly Chancellor gets a new lease of life from his opposite number
- The Sketch: Meet the frackers? Hayes thinks we're not ready for such an introduction
- Twitter on the loo: Nielsen study reveals changing toilet habits
- Nobody wants heterosexual women to propose, study reveals
- Photographer snaps last moments of man hit by train, New York Post leads on story
- Poll: Chancellor George Osborne will order £5bn cut from Whitehall budgets in his Autumn Statement. What should the money freed up be spent on?
- Onesies voted worst fashion trend of 2012
- Bring back Bill Buckley - all is forgiven!
- Video: Beyonce, The Movie
- Are we heading for war in Syria?
- Is Anti-Virus John McAfee in Guatemala?
- Ten new stories you won't hear because Kate Middleton is pregnant
- Frankie Boyle vs. James Arthur: who won the Twitter row?
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- England prove victory over India was no fluke with impressive display on first day of the third Test
- Anderson finally swings into action with devastating bowling exhibition
- Cook delighted that Giles has been thrown into the England mix
- Garden is rosy for reversal of fortunes
- The Indian Angle: Tendulkar keeps ego at bay to scrape one of his ugliest innings
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
Vanessa Feltz criticises 'vile' reaction to Rolf Harris allegations
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity