Day In a Page
Tuesday, 6 November 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Stone-age humans began using lethal technology 71,000 years ago to fight Neanderthals
- The innovative cockatoo: Figaro invents, makes and uses a tool
- Students could face compulsory drug tests as rising numbers turn to 'cognitive enhancers' to boost concentration and exam marks
- Human advancement technologies such as brain stimulators and exoskeletons could be routine in workplace of the future
- Research shows insomnia doubles risk of heart attack, stroke
- Clive Dunn: Much-loved comic actor forever remembered as Corporal Jones in 'Dad's Army'
- Han Suyin: Author whose best-selling 'Many-Splendoured Thing' became a Hollywood hit
- Yash Chopra: Celebrated film director
- Susan Jeffers: Author of ‘Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway’
- Elliott Carter: Innovative composer hailed as one of the greatest of the 20th century
- Doctor Wendy Greengross: Champion of the elderly and the disabled
- Jo Dunne: Member of the 1980s band We've Got A Fuzzbox And We're Going To Use It!!
- Milt Campbell: The first black Olympic decathlon champion
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- President Obama's victory speech was soaring and pragmatic. But was America celebrating?
- Adoption must be fast-tracked to ease a creaking care system
- Republicans are out of step with a divided America. Can Barack Obama's second term heal the country?
- If we can find a new species of whale, just think what else could be out there
- My Olympic legacy – a husband dressed up in lycra
- This election wasn't pretty, but Obama's victory is a triumph for science over superstition
- Did Nick Clegg, deputising for David Cameron at Prime Minister's Questions, forget he's not a Tory?
- Mitt Romney's got millions of dollars and an empty diary. What might he do next?
- Apple’s latest infringement claims may signal an impending legal war with Google
- Democracy and Disaster in New York's Sandy-battered Staten Island
- Iran and the nuclear threat will define President Obama’s second term
- ‘Having it all’ is not a women's issue
- When did Islamophobic attacks become the norm for the French media?
- President Obama will have new confidence in his step
- I sympathise with Sir Peter Hall, theatre is the perfect place for a rude awakening
- Why are they trending? Yes Obama, America, USA, #fourmoreyears, #election2012
- Poppy campaign has no right to demand conformity
- US election special: Maitlis wins the iPad battle! Alistair Stewart looks lonely! And Russia Today...
- The Disunited States of America: why Obama's pitiful mandate is bad news for the American people
- World Vegan Month: Want to be a winner on and off the field? Go vegan
- Sorry Susan, lords stay lords – thanks to Nick Clegg
- On the streets of the Bronx, they favour Obama. But not with the passion they had four years ago
- News images are the Old Masters of our day
- Is £624 the price of a rape victim's anonymity?
- Never mind Obama, can the House of Congress avert a fiscal catastrophe in the coming weeks?
- Love your enemies is the Prime Minister’s gospel
- A letter's old-fashioned fraud, but I start to worry when a scam artist in China knows where I live
- As Barack Obama clinches victory, his task as president is clear: fight for America's middle-class
- You're wrong, team Romney, fact-checkers are making a difference to the way politics works
- This government would rather kill the living wage than let it fall into the hands of Miliband
- As America goes to the polls, across New York the impact of Hurricane Sandy is still very deeply felt
- What if Anonymous hackers had taken down Facebook?
- Nadine Dorries is right to go on I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here. I'd do it again in a shot if they asked
- What we mean when we say Scientology
- Four more years for Obama as Romney loses the election: American Presidents - The Quiz
- Judge Iran by its people, not its politics
- There's no need for more texts to prove just how close David Cameron was to Rebekah Brooks
- Gillette, not the best marketing can get
- The last English-American election: why Obama's victory over Romney increases Hispanic influence
- Why I didn't kill myself today
- The internet is not free in Azerbaijan: A letter to president Ilham Aliyev
- Firebox told to stop selling Bytox hangover patches as ‘hangover’ is medical condition
- Here's the most bonkers thing Fox has to say about Obama's victory
- EU jobsworths threaten to ban Chanel No 5. Will Brad Pitt be next?
- Brazilian man forced to pay £15,000 to ex-wife after announcing she wasn't a virgin during wedding
- Donald Trump's Twitter Tirade
- Cassetteboy's election round-up: Cassetteboy vs Obama vs Romney
- VIDEO: Toddlers debate Obama vs. Romney
- VIDEO: "Catastrophic" - Sarah Palin reacts to four more years of Obama
- Did "flag head lady" ruin Obama's victory speech?
- Woman in labour, still makes time to vote for Obama
- Obama V Romney: Watch the whole Presidential campaign to now
- Hairswaps and winking weirdos: the 20 craziest photos from this election Campaign
- Reckless driver forced to wear ‘idiot' sign for overtaking school bus
- The best, and most delicious, election infographic
- The pundits' final predictions: will it be Obama or Romney?
- Three Republican excuses for an Obama victory exposed
- VIDEO: Idris Elba in Mumford and Sons video
- Vigilantes fight harassment on the streets of Cairo
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Marray enjoys the high life but loses his single-minded partner
- Roger Federer makes light work of Janko Tipsarevic at the ATP World Tour Finals
- Tennis fans hoping for another classic as Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic prepare for showdown at the O2
- Andy Murray loses exciting ATP Finals game to Novak Djokovic
- Murray primed for marathon rematch
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- 1 What if 35 Palestinians had died, and 800 Israelis?
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire