Day In a Page
Tuesday, 6 November 2012
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Stone-age humans began using lethal technology 71,000 years ago to fight Neanderthals
- The innovative cockatoo: Figaro invents, makes and uses a tool
- Students could face compulsory drug tests as rising numbers turn to 'cognitive enhancers' to boost concentration and exam marks
- Human advancement technologies such as brain stimulators and exoskeletons could be routine in workplace of the future
- Research shows insomnia doubles risk of heart attack, stroke
- Clive Dunn: Much-loved comic actor forever remembered as Corporal Jones in 'Dad's Army'
- Yash Chopra: Celebrated film director
- Han Suyin: Author whose best-selling 'Many-Splendoured Thing' became a Hollywood hit
- Elliott Carter: Innovative composer hailed as one of the greatest of the 20th century
- Susan Jeffers: Author of ‘Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway’
- Milt Campbell: The first black Olympic decathlon champion
- Jo Dunne: Member of the 1980s band We've Got A Fuzzbox And We're Going To Use It!!
- Doctor Wendy Greengross: Champion of the elderly and the disabled
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- President Obama's victory speech was soaring and pragmatic. But was America celebrating?
- Adoption must be fast-tracked to ease a creaking care system
- If we can find a new species of whale, just think what else could be out there
- Republicans are out of step with a divided America. Can Barack Obama's second term heal the country?
- My Olympic legacy – a husband dressed up in lycra
- This election wasn't pretty, but Obama's victory is a triumph for science over superstition
- Did Nick Clegg, deputising for David Cameron at Prime Minister's Questions, forget he's not a Tory?
- Mitt Romney's got millions of dollars and an empty diary. What might he do next?
- Apple’s latest infringement claims may signal an impending legal war with Google
- Democracy and Disaster in New York's Sandy-battered Staten Island
- Iran and the nuclear threat will define President Obama’s second term
- ‘Having it all’ is not a women's issue
- When did Islamophobic attacks become the norm for the French media?
- President Obama will have new confidence in his step
- I sympathise with Sir Peter Hall, theatre is the perfect place for a rude awakening
- Why are they trending? Yes Obama, America, USA, #fourmoreyears, #election2012
- Poppy campaign has no right to demand conformity
- US election special: Maitlis wins the iPad battle! Alistair Stewart looks lonely! And Russia Today...
- The Disunited States of America: why Obama's pitiful mandate is bad news for the American people
- World Vegan Month: Want to be a winner on and off the field? Go vegan
- Sorry Susan, lords stay lords – thanks to Nick Clegg
- On the streets of the Bronx, they favour Obama. But not with the passion they had four years ago
- News images are the Old Masters of our day
- Is £624 the price of a rape victim's anonymity?
- Never mind Obama, can the House of Congress avert a fiscal catastrophe in the coming weeks?
- Love your enemies is the Prime Minister’s gospel
- A letter's old-fashioned fraud, but I start to worry when a scam artist in China knows where I live
- As Barack Obama clinches victory, his task as president is clear: fight for America's middle-class
- You're wrong, team Romney, fact-checkers are making a difference to the way politics works
- As America goes to the polls, across New York the impact of Hurricane Sandy is still very deeply felt
- This government would rather kill the living wage than let it fall into the hands of Miliband
- What if Anonymous hackers had taken down Facebook?
- Nadine Dorries is right to go on I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here. I'd do it again in a shot if they asked
- What we mean when we say Scientology
- Four more years for Obama as Romney loses the election: American Presidents - The Quiz
- Judge Iran by its people, not its politics
- There's no need for more texts to prove just how close David Cameron was to Rebekah Brooks
- Gillette, not the best marketing can get
- The last English-American election: why Obama's victory over Romney increases Hispanic influence
- Why I didn't kill myself today
- The internet is not free in Azerbaijan: A letter to president Ilham Aliyev
- Firebox told to stop selling Bytox hangover patches as ‘hangover’ is medical condition
- Here's the most bonkers thing Fox has to say about Obama's victory
- EU jobsworths threaten to ban Chanel No 5. Will Brad Pitt be next?
- Brazilian man forced to pay £15,000 to ex-wife after announcing she wasn't a virgin during wedding
- Donald Trump's Twitter Tirade
- Cassetteboy's election round-up: Cassetteboy vs Obama vs Romney
- VIDEO: Toddlers debate Obama vs. Romney
- VIDEO: "Catastrophic" - Sarah Palin reacts to four more years of Obama
- Did "flag head lady" ruin Obama's victory speech?
- Woman in labour, still makes time to vote for Obama
- Obama V Romney: Watch the whole Presidential campaign to now
- Hairswaps and winking weirdos: the 20 craziest photos from this election Campaign
- Reckless driver forced to wear ‘idiot' sign for overtaking school bus
- The best, and most delicious, election infographic
- The pundits' final predictions: will it be Obama or Romney?
- Three Republican excuses for an Obama victory exposed
- VIDEO: Idris Elba in Mumford and Sons video
- Vigilantes fight harassment on the streets of Cairo
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Marray enjoys the high life but loses his single-minded partner
- Roger Federer makes light work of Janko Tipsarevic at the ATP World Tour Finals
- Tennis fans hoping for another classic as Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic prepare for showdown at the O2
- Andy Murray loses exciting ATP Finals game to Novak Djokovic
- Murray primed for marathon rematch
Arts & Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Exclusive: Young people ‘want UK to stay in Europe’: Four in 10 adults aged 18 to 24 are ‘firmly in favour’ of membership, poll shows
Tom Daley ‘is gay because his father died’ says UK evangelist
Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
Kiss and yell: Italian protester charged with sexual assault after kissing riot police officer
PM denies two child limit for benefits is part of Tory welfare policy
Anachronistic and iniquitous, grammar schools are a blot on the British education system
- 1 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police