Day In a Page
Wednesday, 6 November 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Exclusive: 'Jaw-dropping' breakthrough hailed as landmark in fight against hereditary diseases as Crispr technique heralds genetic revolution
- Fountain of youth? Scientists discover why wounds heal quicker for young people
- CRISPR gene therapy: Scientists call for more public debate around breakthrough technique
- Lythronax argestes: Scientists discover new ‘King of Gore’ dinosaur species that is ‘great-uncle’ to T-rex
- One-tonne satellite will fall back to Earth in an unknown location
- 'The more we looked into the mystery of Crispr, the more interesting it seemed'
- 'A warning for Earth': Meteor blast over Siberia was equivalent to 30 Hiroshima bombs
- Scientists have discovered a new body part
- Indyplus video: Crispr technique
- Music lessons aid brain in later life, study finds
- Roger Pope: Sideman who backed Elton John on hits such as 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart'
- Charlie Trotter: Chef and restaurateur who led Chicago's rise to become a culinary capital
- Marcia Wallace: The voice of Bart's teacher Edna Krabappel since the start of 'The Simpsons'
- Doctor Jim Birley: Pioneer of local care who also changed the way we view schizophrenia
- William Lowe: Computer engineer whose work at IBM extended the reach of computers from big corporations to homes and small businesses
- Cy Young: Film historian, a BFI governor and an 'Independent' obituarist
- Manna Dey: Bombay playback singer acclaimed for his versatility
- Dee Stanley Presley: Elvis's stepmother, who enraged the singer
- John Kane: Whistleblower at GCHQ whose campaign was frustrated by the Government
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Twitter shares jump to $45: who are the most popular users?
- People aren't doing too well on the BBC's Ignorance test. Does it matter?
- Say hello to the new Independent
- What was London like before the Great Fire? Take a fly through via YouTube
- Politicians' excuses: After Rob Ford, ten other unlikely stories
- Star Wars sequel to hold open casting: Could you get a part?
- Poppycock – or why remembrance rituals make me see red
- Good luck to Bill de Blasio. He should do all right as mayor providing he follows a few simple rules
- Drivers, don’t be bashful about national stereotyping – it saves lives
- Plebgate shows the police need reform
- Why do so many critics of those of us on the left assume we are consumed by class envy?
- Meet ‘cultural norm’, he kills girls: The tragedy of child brides
- Cameron's relaxation of terror laws has made Britain less safe
- National Living Wage Week: How can big companies, earning big profits, keep paying such little wages?
- The “Bechdel Test” for Swedish films: Welcome to the modern world, where women speak about more than just men
- Justice, but not as we know it: Meredith Kercher retrial marches on without Amanda Knox
- The worst is yet to come: Edward Snowden faces a sad and lonely future
- i Editor's Letter: The 50 year anniversary of JFK's assassination
- This is a triumph of basic science with huge implications. Crispr technique breaks the mould
- Republicans face sinking support if they continue to resist gay marriage
- I'm one parent who is worried about 'toxic' music videos promoting unhealthy attitudes to sex
- Jennifer Aniston cut her hair! What on earth could this mean!
- If Universal Credit isn't to fail, Iain Duncan Smith must learn from the flaws of Obamacare
- We could all stock up on cup noodles and corned beef and join Russell Brand’s revolution... if it wasn’t for the man himself
- Girls kissing their female friends for the cameras isn't shocking, and it certainly isn't interesting
- Bill de Blasio ushers New York into a brave new world of liberal governance
- Debenhams unveils Size 16 mannequins. But fashion superstars like Karl Lagerfeld keep letting women down
- Perhaps a film is needed to show the real victims of payday lenders like Wonga
- PMQs: Inequality is at its lowest since 1986 - and David Cameron takes the session with that
- NSA humbling of Germany has historical precedent
- Twin Towers costumes, a llama and a sombrero: How to do (or not to do) drunken tomfoolery
- Coming out, and out, and out again
- i Editor's Letter: Rogue mayor 'wasn't lying' about smoking crack
- The plot thickens in the death of Yasser Arafat
- Britain needs to build, and on a grand scale
- Independent redesign: This is a vehicle for world-class writing, and now smarter than ever
- Fat chance: Can Chris Christie restore the sanity of the Republican party?
- March of science: The 21st century will be the age of genetics
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The Ashes 2013-14: Australia A v England XI, first day, match report - Michael Carberry's century looks set to seal Ashes opening spot
- Sachin Tendulkar's injustice opens door for DRS
- The Ashes 2013-14: Graeme Hick, the batsman who eluded greatness...
- The Ashes 2013-14: Michael Carberry’s feelgood story could resolve No 6 problem
- The Ashes 2013-14: Michael Carberry feels debt of gratitude to Shane Warne
- Tony McCoy 4,000: Arsene Wenger and Arsenal players Lukas Podolski and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain send their congratulations
- Tony McCoy reaches 4,000 winners mark: Legendary jockey's marvellous milestone the result of a fierce will to win
- 'AP stands for always perfect': Martin Pipe pays tribute to Tony McCoy
- Tony McCoy 4,000: A profile of the legendary jockey's career
- Tony McCoy 4,000: Jockey's Top 10 moments
- Tony McCoy 4,000: A timeline of his career highlights
- Jockey Tony McCoy closing in on his 4,000th winner
- ATP World Tour Finals 2013: Rafael Nadal secures end of year world No 1 ranking with victory over Stanislas Wawrinka
- ATP World Tour Finals 2013: Roger Federer facing tough task to qualify after opening match defeat to Novak Djokovic
- ATP World Tour Finals: Jubilant Rafael Nadal confirms No 1 status with victory over Stanislas Wawrinka
- Novak Djokovic launches astonishing attack on tennis' anti-doping programme
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Universities cancel Muslim cleric’s speaking tour over concerns about his anti-gay views
- Drunk student crushed to death in a refuse lorry after falling asleep in a wheelie bin
- Bulgarian universities in chaos as students occupy 15 campuses in anti-government protest
- Students apologise for entering Halloween costume competition dressed as New York's burning Twin Towers
The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
- 1 Secret Cinema: Why were Back to the Future screenings cancelled?
- 2 Christians: The world's most persecuted people
- 3 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 4 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
- 5 Standing my ground: If sitting is bad for your health, what happens when you stay on your feet for a whole month?