Day In a Page
Wednesday, 6 March 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Kenny Ball: Trumpeter who spearheaded the Trad boom and toured for over 40 years
- Alvin Lee: Guitar hero with rockers Ten Years After
- Menachem Froman: Rabbi and peace activist
- Dale Robertson: Actor best known for his roles in Westerns
- Professor Carl Woese: Scientist whose work revealed the 'third domain' of life
- Neil McCorkell: Hampshire cricketer from the 1930s to the 1950s
- Bobby Rogers: Singer and songwriter with Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- No to making adoption slower, but yes to giving it long-term support
- Robert Fisk: John Kerry wants the Gulf to support the Syrian rebels. But which rebels? The soft, safe ones? Or those horrible, 'terrorist' Islamists?
- Children’s heart surgery: campaigners can celebrate, but knife must be wielded
- Congratulations to John Lewis on record profits, but why not give cleaners a share too?
- World View: Be realistic about Obama’s trip to Israel – he’s going because he has to
- The Met Office have warned this will be the most extreme spring on record, how can we prepare?
- Vicky Pryce, Chris Huhne and why this was not a criminal trial, but a divorce case by proxy
- All prospective parents should consider adoption - but especially gay people
- University students - are they toddlers or young adults?
- Jacintha Saldanha: It's vital that grieving families have legal assistance in the Coroner's court
- Ministerial rows over cuts show how much weaker Cameron and Osborne have become
- If you ask me...My tips for winning the battle of the school places
- Hirsutes you, sir... but it might not make you smarter
- Chavez is gone, but have we seen the last Chavista?
- Higher Education: Why do so many students commit suicide?
- Calls for restraint have been ignored too long - this bonus culture has to end
- The global response to FGC must start local
- #FGM: The ‘designer vagina’ isn't the same as female genital mutilation, but it is comparable
- #FGM: Forget 'cultural differences' the practice of female genital mutilation is simple brutality
- Hugo Chavez was a democrat, not a dictator, and showed a progressive alternative to neo-liberalism is both possible and popular
- View from Caracas: Mixed feelings in Venezuela's capital amid fears of spiralling violence
- Do you have any sympathy for Vicky Pryce?
- As Senator Rand Paul completes a 6-hour speech, are filibusters democratic heroes?
- World Book Day: What were your favourite books growing up?
- #FGM: An end to Female Genital Mutilation for good
- Poll: Was Hugo Chavez a brutal dictator?
- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has died: Reactions from around the world
- Editorial: Vince Cable has a point, but debt is not the only way to pay for infrastructure
- Editorial: Sorry, Vicky Pryce, your unsuccessful plea proves marital coercion is no defence
- Editorial: Boris Johnson has a welcome plan to improve the lot of the cyclist
- Editorial: Hugo Chavez - an era of grand political illusion comes to an end
- Editorial: Welcome signs of life from Chilcot
- Editorial: Lord Puttnam’s libel folly
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- New Zealand v England first Test: England produce abject batting performance
- Will Graeme Swann ever play for England again?
- New Zealand v England: Graeme Swann to fly to US for operation to save career
- Jonathan Trott can't explain England collapse against New Zealand
- Injured Graeme Swann out until the summer
- First Test: England made to suffer for careless early batting choices
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 3 Northern Lights above Britain: Stunning Aurora Borealis illuminates Northumberland sky on Christmas Eve
- 4 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 5 New route to Mars could make manned mission much cheaper and easier