Day In a Page
Friday, 7 March 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Dame Elaine Kellett-Bowman: Conservative MP and MEP whose ferociously hard work enabled her to stand proud on the right wing of the party
- Justin Kaplan: Award-winning author hailed for his innovative biographies of Walt Whitman and Mark Twain
- Peter Callander: Lyricist who wrote the words for hits by artists such as Cliff Richard, Dusty Springfield and Sandie Shaw
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- AL Kennedy’s comments: Rumbled! But I only lived in Kensal Green
- Tales from the Watercooler: Mum made me wash up, m'lud ...
- Stephen Lawrence murder investigation: Macpherson was effectively working with one hand tied behind his back
- Printing money has helped only the rich
- Students entering work can find the perfect fit for a ‘portfolio’ career
- Does political rhetoric win votes?
- Careers tip: Making sure you’re valued at work
- Everyone is shocked by the inquiry into police corruption – except the public
- Get working class kids to fit in with the bourgeoisie? Take it from one who tried, they never will
- Changing career doesn’t have to mean mid-life drama
- International Women's Day: Here's why it matters
- Female pop stars like Lily Allen are too busy selling records to come up with anything constructive or interesting to say about feminism
- Man about town: Bubbles at The Ritz
- Errors and Omissions: A brilliant performance doesn't always make you a star
- The Big Questions: Is Vladimir Putin rebuilding the Soviet Union? How will the populist parties fare in the European elections?
- Inside Westminster: Banging on about Europe used to be a problem for Clegg. These days it’s the Lib Dems’ number one selling point
- Ballet Black is a wonderful company. But it's a shame on the arts that it still exists
- Low self-esteem holds too many of us back
- Not all lawyers are coining it, and it’s right to stand up to Chris Grayling’s misguided ‘reforms’
- To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- Racism cannot be separated from feminism
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Sport on TV: England’s dastardly deeds are speaking louder than words
- West Indies Tour: England bowler Chris Jordan hoping to impress his native Barbados in Twenty20 series
- England must beat Aussies at their own game and appoint a ‘matey’ coach who likes a beer and a laugh... Beefy, Freddie: step forward
- Kevin Pietersen saga: Chris Gayle offers untimely reminder of absent friend
- Moeen Ali hoping to impress in West Indies series after Joe Root doubt for World Twenty20
- Andy Murray admits return from back surgery was tough, but with season ramping up, he's 'feeling good'
- Indian Wells: Victoria Azarenka limps out of BNP Paribas Open second round through injury as American Lauren Davis progresses
- Elena Baltacha vows to battle liver cancer as Heather Watson and Judy Murray among those who offer support
- Former British tennis No 1 Elena Baltacha told she has liver cancer
- Elena Baltacha diagnosed with liver cancer: Former British number one admits she is 'fighting with everything I have'
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Amputee drummer gains 'superhuman' skills with robotic arm
- HTC: The smartphone company that cares about design as much as Apple
- Livr: A social network only for drunk people
- Sony's The Last of Us to get film adaption with help from Spider-Man director Sam Raimi
- Vine bans pornography, allows nudity that is "documentary, educational or artistic"
- Bitcoin blunder: Satoshi Nakamoto denies all involvement with cryptocurrency
- Wello: A smartphone case that measures your heart rate and more - straight from your iPhone
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Missing Malaysia Airlines plane: Despite expected death toll we must remember air travel has never been safer
- Simon Calder: If life's too short, how about a BAwayday?
- Travel agenda: From the stars of the Lego film to a suitcase exhibition in Amsterdam and a former abbey hotel in Northumberland
- Surfing holidays: Chasing the perfect wave off an empty beach
- My life in travel: Virginia McKenna
- Travel challenge: Easter in Portugal
- New low-cost airline flying to America under threat after US pilots association raises safety fears
- On Holiday Group collapse: Q&A
- On Holiday Group collapses with debts of £7m
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ukraine crisis is Russian roulette for investors
- Simon Read: Could it be that banks are ready to earn the trust of customers instead of bleeding us dry?
- MPs warn that carbon bubble may hit savers
- Questions of Cash: PC World tried to blame my son's faulty laptop on 'liquid damage'
- Mark Dampier: The fund manager who's top of my Mutual appreciation society
- Donald MacInnes: Garage mechanics are enough to drive women (and me) to distraction
- Bargain Hunter: Discount deals on haute cuisine, and the chef's tantrums are free
- MP accuses watchdog of failing the vulnerable
- Derek Pain: Booker and Whitbread power my portfolio to heady heights
- Money alert: Crowdfunding regulations
- Money Insider: Marks & Spencer serves up no-fees current account
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'