Day In a Page
Sunday, 7 April 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Could chocolate soon be one of your five-a-day? Scientists replace sweet treat's fat content with fruit juice, reducing total fat by half
- Genetic mutations linked to childhood obesity
- 'Insane' rules block medical trial of fungus
- The Protestant work ethic: Heaven knows I'm miserable now
- Studies find heart can affect how we feel fear
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Robert Fisk: Khalil Raad's Palestinian pictures chart the history - and the tragedy
- Mick, quite happy being Mick. Wouldn't you be?
- On a one-way street to social inequality
- David Cameron restocks his emotive arsenal
- Thatcher’s policies had a lasting impact on everybody during her years in power and beyond
- Margaret Thatcher was both trailblazer and sounding board
- Steve Richards: The mark of Margaret Thatcher's success was how she forced her enemies to change
- Dominic Lawson: Believe it or not, Thatcher was a woman who cared
- It'll cost you over a tenner to Facebook message Tom Daley - but why doesn't he see a penny of it?
- John Walsh on Margaret Thatcher: The lady with the handbag became as recognisable as Churchill and his cigar
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemma: The critical voice inside my head
- Professor David Nutt wants to do scientific research into illegal drugs. What's so nutty about that?
- Shirley Williams: How Margaret Thatcher changed Britain
- Michael Brown: Thatcher changed Britain - and I was lucky enough to see her in action firsthand
- John Rentoul: Margaret Thatcher saved the British economy, but at too high a social cost
- Douglas Hurd on Thatcher: Working alongside a political titan
- Watching 'has beens' on The Voice and The Big Reunion might make great TV, but is it responsible?
- Man about town: In France, champagne is just a drink - not a marker of class
- Justice for Ruth Berry Peal, who was forcibly mutilated in Liberia, but still no ban on FGM
- Coptic Christians: The minority who are an easy target in tough times
- Was Barack Obama's 'good-looking' remark inappropriate?
- France is losing patience with its ‘Mr Normal’ president and his anti-austerity policies
- MMR and measles in South Wales: In fear of the unknown, we risked the well-known
- Lee Halpin's tragic story shows the terrible plight of the homeless - but does anybody care?
- Prepare your lachrymals for the heart-rending tale of Iain Duncan Smith's trying months of hardship
- Who better to articulate youth issues than Paris Brown - a wayward teen?
- The Book of Mormon might be offensive, but even the Mormon Church can see the funny side
- Justin Beiber, Harry Styles and other DIY inkers - tattoo do you think you're kidding?
- Japan has finally joined the quantitative easing party - and better late than never
- Libya's future looks bleak as media focus turns elsewhere
- Women who eat cakes wear clothes too
- Keep military might off the sports pitch
- Grubby Osborne's crude opportunism is capitalising on fear
- I turned off the lights at Television Centre
- No bees, no honey, no wine: Pesticides that put all nature at risk
- Why the poor wear flashier trainers
- Our young need jobs, not crass TV
- Sexual predator seeks needy young woman
- The Emperor's New Clothes (7 April 2013)
- Rant & Rave (07/04/13)
- Editorial: A nation more divided
- Editorial: Margaret Thatcher ruled – and she divided
- Editorial: For Chris Huhne jail is no bar to literary success - in fact, it's inspiration
- Editorial: It's too soon to give up on Iran
- Editorial: Ukip's dramatic emergence may yet throw the May local elections wide open
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The Masters 2013: Darren Clarke withdraws from Augusta
- The Masters 2013: Martin Laird and Rory McIlroy receive lifts at the Texas Open
- The Masters 2013: Sandy Lyle is still an Augusta contender after all these years
- James Lawton: Can Tiger Woods follow Jack Nicklaus in being born-again Master in Augusta?
- Rory McIlroy shows signs of the old style
- The Masters: British hopefuls aim to pick their way past Tiger Woods
- The Masters 2013: Rory McIlroy and Martin Laird lead the British charge at Texas Open
- Grand National: Not miserable now... Smiths’ victory stuns Aintree
- Five things we learnt from Aintree this year...
- Hospital airlift for Grand National-winning jockey Ryan Mania
- Grand National winner Ryan Mania 'bit sore' but on mend
- Grand National: The most perilous race on Earth?
- The Calvin Report: Race of Death lives to fight another day
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair