Day In a Page
Sunday, 7 July 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- After his comments about Marion Bartoli at Wimbledon, John Inverdale should be kept off the BBC airwaves today
- Democracy is... saying goodbye without the gunfire
- Sorry, Ed, it's too late to say you're no union man
- Rolling Stones: It's only rock'n'roll, but it could be a lot better
- Real leadership is needed to guide Egypt away from the edge of a terrible abyss
- The mess with Labour and the unions makes this the perfect time to let the state fund political parties
- The NSPCC's Underwear Rule: Not talking about child sex abuse only protects the adults
- A genius on the court. But let’s keep Andy Murray out of politics
- Bartoli brushed off those clumsy comments – so why can’t we?
- If you ask me...Would I use Twitter to try and blag free stuff? Perish the thought!
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: He refuses to learn to play the piano
- So where is “the world’s greatest golf course”? Ask Donald Trump
- It's fine to use your mobile at the checkout, and pretty much anywhere else for that matter
- Why I cannot rejoice in Morsi’s downfall
- This attack on Labour’s union links must not succeed
- Andy Murray doesn’t need our love – get used to it
- Theresa May should enjoy the good luck while it lasts
- Take a holiday from Twitter and beat the baddies
- We British go out of our way to avoid using the word ‘Muslim’
- Matthew Norman on Monday: Surely the best is yet to come from John Inverdale
- The wedding industry makes a mockery of us all
- Osborne’s assertion that high debt slows growth has been wrong from the start
- The Rolling Stones still appeal to all generations. How many bands can boast that?
- Climate change fanned the flames of the Arizona wildfire
- Separate and unequal: Apartheid's legacy lives on
- The McCanns: Innocent until tried by the newspapers
- The IoS political editor on Tom Watson's resignation, her favourite soprano, dining with Mick Jagger and this autumn's conferences
- Another day, another TV heroine brutalised
- Smoke without fire, or cancer, is not so simple
- Pouring our cash down the plughole
- Church is in sickness, but marriage is in health
- Editorial: When the parties defy the people
- Should pregnant women routinely be offered flu jabs?
- Trade trumps the Snowden row
- No nearer to a truce with Britain’s teachers
- Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray makes history on the Centre Court
- It’s bon voyage to Britain’s travel agents
- Abu Qatada: Now it’s up to the Jordanians
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ashes 2013: Andy Flower and England to ride wave of emotion against Australia
- Steve Harmison: Let Kevin Pietersen off leash and he will win the Ashes for England
- The Ashes: Alastair Cook's men look solid but Australia can still find their feet
- Matt Butler: Wall-to-wall Ashes to Ashes too much of a good thing
- The Ashes: Matt Prior, the boy who longed to be king keeper
- The Ashes: Brad Haddin happy to slip in from the shadows
- Jones Zone: Boof will tell players: go out and have fun
- Ashes 2013: Deep-thinker Ed Cowan thrilled by intensity of battle to come
- On the Front Foot: Trent Bridge can be the key to securing Ashes success
- German Grand Prix: Sebastian Vettel pips Raikkonen to win his first home race at the Nurburgring
- Pit wall position for camera crews after British cameraman hurt in pit drama
- Martin Whitmarsh fears F1 is becoming 'complacent' after cameraman is hurt by bouncing tyre at German Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton beats 'disasters' to snatch pole from Sebastian Vettel in Germany
- Wimbledon Men's Final 2013: Majestic Andy Murray claims his Wimbledon crown
- Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray reveals contact with Sir Alex Ferguson and David Beckham, but plays down talk of a knighthood
- Nick Bollettieri on Andy Murray's victory at Wimbledon 2013: Oh baby, in all my time it has never been better
- James Lawton on Andy Murray's Wimbledon victory: A triumph never to be forgotten. An inspiration to everyone who watched
- Wimbledon Men's Final 2013: 'It was the hardest few points I've ever had to play in my life' says Andy Murray
- Wimbledon 2013 final: Andy Murray v Novak Djokovic - As it happened
- Wimbledon 2013: Marion Bartoli finds self-belief to beat Sabine Lisicki on the greatest stage
- We are the champions: Why Andy Murray's Wimbledon victory is just the latest sign of Britain enjoying a golden age of sport
- James Lawton: The day that Andy Murray said 'this just isn't good enough'
- Wimbledon 2013: Rivals Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic are old friends – but not today
- Wimbledon 2013: Maiden title for Marion Bartoli as Sabine Lisicki suffers stage fright
- Wimbledon 2014: Now we have a British champion, what on earth will we talk about NEXT year?
- Andy Murray answers fans' questions on Twitter: So did he sleep with the trophy? And what one word did he use to sum up his Wimbledon victory?
- In pictures: The Wimbledon Champions Ball 2013
- Video: David Cameron calls for Andy Murray knighthood
- Arise Sir Andy? Cameron calls for Murray to be knighted for 'lifting country's spirits'
- Murray minted: Andy Murray set to be one of world's highest-earning sports stars following Wimbledon victory
- Wimbledon 2013: How the world press reacted to Andy Murray's victory
- Video: Andy Murray says the stress is over after Wimbledon victory
- Wimbledon 2013: Open-top bus? Knighthood? Why not? Andy Murray is more deserving than most
- Wimbledon 2013: Full roll of honour
- Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray could teach other players about coping with the burden of expectation
- What next for Andy Murray? Retaining US Open title and reaching coveted world No 1 spot
- Judy Murray, Ivan Lendl, Kim Sears: the vital trio following Andy every step of the way to the Wimbledon Men's Final 2013
- Wimbledon Men's Final 2013: How did THEY get a ticket? Bradley Cooper and Gerard Butler among the celebrities spotted on Centre Court
- Wimbledon 2013: On Murray Mound, the faithful gave a mighty roar
- Wimbledon 2013: Five shots that won the Championship for Andy Murray
- Wimbledon 2013: Novak Djokovic left vulnerable by unexpected loss of nerve
- Why tennis establishment shunned Fred Perry, Britain's previous Wimbledon men's winner in 1936
- Wimbledon 2013: Key factors that have taken Andy Murray to the brink of glory (again)
- Nick Bollettieri's Wimbledon files: A dream match come true. Enjoy!
- Wimbledon 2013: Fairytales can have sad endings, says Novak Djokovic
- Wimbledon 2013: World's two best players - what makes them tick?
- This is it! Nation ready to roar Andy Murray to Wimbledon title
- Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray's triumph had a world of difference from Fred Perry's win
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Reach for your privacy settings: Facebook graph search goes public
- Google reportedly paying AdBlock Plus to greenlight their ads
- Apple's App Store celebrates 5th birthday with free downloads
- MIT's 'Immersion' project reveals the power of metadata
- Security experts reveal cyber attack threat to Olympics
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage
Lord Freud hangs on as MPs of all parties 'call for his head' over disability comments
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'