Day In a Page
Wednesday, 9 January 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Alasdair Milne: BBC executive who rose to Director-General but was sacked under pressure from Mrs Thatcher
- Jack Hart: Trade unionist who took on the Tory government over the ban on unions at GCHQ
- Ian Black: Goalkeeper for Fulham in the 1950s
- David R Ellis: Stuntman who went on to direct 'Snakes on a Plane'
- Ladislao Mazurkiewicz: Goalkeeper who thwarted England in 1966
- Sir Robert Clark: Decorated war hero who went on to build a glittering career in the City
- Harry Randall: Photographer who served in the Spanish Civil War
- Qazi Hussain Ahmed: Politician who opposed US policy in Afghanistan
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Get yourself fit for a year of challenges ahead
- 'I will always remember the liberated child soldiers I met – and your generosity'
- ‘As a father of young children, your articles struck a chord’
- You have given them a second chance
- Just as they cut the incomes of the poor, MPs say they deserve to be paid more. They may be right
- At this rate, Syrian president Bashar al-Assad could still hold power in Damascus a year from now
- John McCririck is suing Channel 4 - but it's not age that holds him back, it's aging attitudes
- Anonymous comments are as pathetic as the anonymous "sources" that contaminate gutless journalism from the New York Times, BBC, and CNN
- Don't knock celebrity diving, the brave no-hopers on Splash! shows us all how to take the plunge
- What, no Tinie Tempah, Dizzee Rascal, Wretch 32? There's no pleasing everyone on the Brit Awards
- Unionist fears have been hijacked by paramilitaries to bolster youth support in Belfast
- Half of the world's food is thrown away? Come on, supermarkets: give us ‘imperfection’
- Why rape convictions are so hard to get
- 31 rules from the landlord - flat-hunting in London is a treacherous task
- South Park, silent births and Nicole Kidman: The top 10 stories from the Church of Scientology
- Young people in this country don't trust our police
- With a recall referendum, we could all be heroes
- The biggest time-wasting 999 calls: Citizens are grossly misusing their emergency services – and it’s costing human lives
- We need Delia Smith now more than ever
- These Belfast riots aren't over the flag - but the creation of a fairer society
- Have you lost your work-life balance?
- Learning lines by heart: like having your own private iPoems library
- The blackcap is a new bird in our midst. Take the chance to get to know it
- Nothing in British politics is harder than welfare reform. The dogfight over it is a distraction
- A terrible plight, an amazing response by our readers
- Whatever happened to the global race in education?
- It might seem like a laugh but the Daily Mail’s latest attack on comedy is dangerous
- Ahead of Oprah Winfrey interviewing Lance Armstrong: the ten questions for him to answer
- Exclusive: So much for the libertarians! How Ukip sacked me after I said I support equal marriage
- A new single for David Bowie, but I fear time has caught up with the thin white duke
- Piers Morgan stares down the barrel in bust-up with gun nut Alex Jones
- The Welfare Bill: A government of millionaires just made the poor poorer - and laughed as they did it
- The protests sparked by gang-rape in India aren't the beginning and they won't be the end
- Why is British jazz always the Cinderella when it comes to tales of ‘Swinging London’?
- The Sketch: Cameron goes chasing after the wrong fox
- Ageism or a legitimate decision?
- Oscar Nominations 2013: Who should win the Academy Award for Best Actress?
- Oscar Nominations: Who should win the Academy Award for Best Actor?
- Oscar Nominations: Which film should win the Academy Award for Best Picture?
- Only 30 mins cooking time, 15 min showers and no pork: landlord gives tenant ridiculous list of 31 rules
- Good news! We might not be heading for an over-population apocalypse, after all
- Jon Stewart performs surgical takedown on right wing response to Sandy Hook
- Reaction: Lance Armstrong might come clean to Oprah
- What does your choice of classic Monopoly token say about you?
- WATCH: James Franco leads the pack of Justin Bieber imitators
- Editorial: A long way to go in our response to sex crimes
- Editorial: Climate change - no less of a problem than it was
- Editorial: Some sense on Europe, at last
- Editorial: Don't dismiss privatised classes
- Editorial: An outstanding Christmas Appeal – thanks to you
- Editorial: You can't Lance the boil that easily
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- 1 Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Gregg Wallace joins line-up as final celebrities revealed
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 4 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 5 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'