Day In a Page
- Anna Piaggi - Flamboyant doyenne of fashion writers
- Ruggiero Ricci: Child prodigy who became one of the finest violinists of the 20th century
- Marvin Hamlisch - Composer and songwriter who enjoyed a string of hit shows and songs
- Jimmy Tansey - Everton stalwart of the 1950s
- Chavela Vargas: Singer adored in the Hispanic world
- Ann Curtis: Olympic swimming champion
- Leading article: Time to stop bickering and build some houses
- Leading article: Too much petty officialdom
- Leading article: Hardly innocent until proven guilty
- Leading article: A murder trial that says much about China
- Leading article: When rock music meets do-it-yourself
- Leading article: What happened to our profusion of cousins?
- Amol Rajan: How about a reggae anthem to inspire the nation?
- Michael McCarthy: If your wish is for the wild, St Kilda will fulfil it
- Simon Kelner: The army of uniformed agents are everywhere
- Simon Kelner: Let's direct this surge of pride towards lasting change
- Ian Birrell: It's not just the bad apples – it's our rotten society's attitudes
- Laura Davis: Extreme porn and state-enabled voyeurism
- Grace Dent: Soon the only thing uniting us will be Sharon's comeback in Eastenders
- Owen Jones: It's not competitive spirit that poor kids lack, but fields on which to compete
- Jonathan Fenby: Why Gu Kailai's trial lifted the veil on Chinese politics
- Laura Davis: Extreme porn and state-sponsored voyeurism
- Deborah Ross: An unforgettable display of Commentatoritis!
- Daniel Howden: In Nairobi, business is booming in the gleaming new branches of KFC
- Jeremy Laurance: Treating the symptoms of Parkinson's, but not the cause
- Arifa Akbar: It's a funny, moving read - but Hornby's just not up there with Joyce
- Elisa Bray: Loudmouth chat trumps music, it seems
- Simon Calder: North-west passage to the twilight zone
- Inside travel: Hong Kong Airlines abandons Gatwick
- Open Jaw: Where readers write back
- Travel Agenda: Australian rail adventures; Martin Randall; dengue danger; The Pop-Up Hotel; The Olympic Journey; Epic Weekends; Taste LA food festival
- My Life In Travel: Sharron Davies
- Weak euro boosts travel bookings
- The travel agency of mum & dad
- 1 Liam Gallagher slams Daft Punk: 'I could have written Get Lucky in an hour'
- 2 What, let gays get married? We must be bonkers
- 3 'Something passed underneath us, quite close': Airbus A320 has close encounter with UFO
- 4 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
- 5 Two bailed after arrest over Woolwich attack Twitter comments
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.