Mark Hix on Fish
A superb mix of recipes serving up the freshest of local produce in a delicious range of styles.
Friday 27 June 2014
Mark Hix has been a food columnist for The Independent since 2002. In that time, he has weathered the complete transformation of the British food scene, keeping his fans happy with his straightforward cooking. From hearty winter broths to spring salads, fresh ingredients, simply prepared, lie at the heart of all his recipes. He has written seven cookbooks and stands at the helm of six restaurants. He was previously executive chef at Caprice Holdings, overseeing restaurants including Le Caprice, Scott’s and The Ivy.
This collection of fish recipes is a perfect showcase for Mark Hix’s natural, rustic style and his love of fresh flavours and ingredients. From Thai baked mackerel to barbecue-style Turbot collar, Hix once again shows his ability to apply inspiration from across the globe to the humblest of local produce to create simple yet stunning new dishes.
£2.99 / $4.99
Click here to explore other Independent eBooks
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
UN investigating British Government over human rights abuses caused by IDS welfare reforms
- 1 If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 2 David De Gea: Manchester United goalkeeper's £29m move to Real Madrid off - because paperwork 'not done in time'
- 3 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 4 Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
- 5 New Apple TV release date and price: streaming box and games console will launch in October