Mark Hix on Fish
A superb mix of recipes serving up the freshest of local produce in a delicious range of styles.
Friday 27 June 2014
Mark Hix has been a food columnist for The Independent since 2002. In that time, he has weathered the complete transformation of the British food scene, keeping his fans happy with his straightforward cooking. From hearty winter broths to spring salads, fresh ingredients, simply prepared, lie at the heart of all his recipes. He has written seven cookbooks and stands at the helm of six restaurants. He was previously executive chef at Caprice Holdings, overseeing restaurants including Le Caprice, Scott’s and The Ivy.
This collection of fish recipes is a perfect showcase for Mark Hix’s natural, rustic style and his love of fresh flavours and ingredients. From Thai baked mackerel to barbecue-style Turbot collar, Hix once again shows his ability to apply inspiration from across the globe to the humblest of local produce to create simple yet stunning new dishes.
£2.99 / $4.99
Click here to explore other Independent eBooks
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more