Famous starlings evicted
Saturday 25 February 2012
Trees and shrubs where about 1,000 starlings roost, attracting international attention with their swooping displays at sunset, have been cut back because of health and safety fears.
North Devon Council was denounced as "ludicrous" by residents after cutting back the foliage in Barnstaple last week.
The council said the droppings could cause salmonella and toxoplasmosis. Mike Jones, principal parks officer, said: "As well as the health risks, we had received complaints from businesses and residents about the mess."
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# ASP.NET Developer (...
£60000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Senior C# WPF .NET Dev...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: QA Manual Tester FX Trading Platform/Derivative...