Flooding expected to return as days of more heavy rain are forecast
The floods that devastated communities across Britain could be set to return as forecasters warned another two days of heavy rain were on the way.
Showers are predicted across large swathes of south-west England and Wales tonight following bad weather conditions yesterday.
There are 11 flood warnings in place with previously badly hit areas of the North-east and Wales all adversely effected once again.
The Met Office has issued severe warnings for south-west England, the West Midlands and Wales.
Chris Burton, a forecaster for MeteoGroup, said southern areas could see between 20mm and 40mm of rain with the figure rising to 60mm on higher ground.
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 There is literally not a single woman in this iPhone 6 queue
- 4 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
- 5 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager (CIM, B2B, MS Offi...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly successful organisation wit...
£1 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Job Purpose To work closely with the he...
£32000 - £42000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is curr...