Today's letter from the Editor
£26000 - £28000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: Senior Accounts Assistan...
£24000 - £26000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£22000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is part of a Group...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a a young, dynamic pers...
i Editor's Letter: Summer holidays
We've reached that time of the year where – if you work in an office – colleagues come and go with the rapidity of characters in a Whitehall farce. It's not the same as breaking up for the holidays from school or university, but it has a similar sort of feel to it. Depending on how the holidays fall, you can go a month without seeing some people.
Rhodri Jones, i's production supremo, has just returned from holiday in the Vendee with his wife and two young children. Linda Taylor, who oversees production of The Independent, is taking a staycation next week so she and her daughter Skye can help their new Bengal kittens settle in.
Lisa Markwell is in Scotland, Alice Jones is in Cheshire, and Stefano is back from his idyllic holiday in Sardinia on Monday. As for me, I'm off to Slovenia and northern Italy next week with my daughter. We're on tour with her school choir (I'm standing in as an alto) and we'll be performing in Ljubljana, in Verona and in St Mark's in Venice.
It's not all singing – we'll be visiting the Postojna caves (about 20 miles east of Trieste), and Lake Garda, and trying out the summer toboggan at Bled. I'll probably need another holiday when I get back.
Until then, whether you are at home or away, have a great summer.
Stefano Hatfield is away.Follow @VBackyard
- 1 Woman 'suffocates newborn baby in plastic bag and puts it in her desk minutes after giving birth'
- 2 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 5 Chinese student carries disabled friend to school every day for three years