Today's letter from the Editor
£20000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This full service social media ...
£24000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We are 'Changemakers in retail'...
Very Competitive: Austen Lloyd: Senior Conveyancer - South West We are see...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: DORSET MARKET TOWN - SENIOR PROPERTY SOLICITOR...
The Business Matrix: Friday 17 August 2012
Asda wants looser Sunday trading
Andy Clarke, the chief executive of Asda, has revealed he is in favour of loosening Sunday trading restrictions, as the UK's second-biggest supermarket posted a 0.7 per cent rise in second-quarter sales. He said: "If giving greater flexibility to shopping hours pleases customers, I would support that [trading extension]."
Lego man's stake in ISS exposes G4S
The Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan and Kirkbi Invest, the trust which looks after the interests of Lego billionaire Kirk Kristiansen's family, have taken a €500m stake in ISS, the Danish firm that security giant G4S tried to buy last year. The investment at 150 kroner a share is nearly 20 per cent below G4S's offer.
Deloitte targets young recruitment
Deloitte is to step up its hiring of young people after it delivered a leap in annual revenues. The big-four accountancy firm said 1,750 places will be available this year for school leavers, students and graduates – an extra 250 positions on last year. Deloitte grew revenues by 11 per cent to £2.33bn over the year to 31 March.
James Hambro in merger with Calkin
One of the oldest family names in the City, James Hambro & Partners, is merging with a younger upstart, Calkin Pattinson, to form a group which will manage more than £1bn of funds. The two firms complement each other with fund management and financial planning expertise. James Hambro will chair the merged company.
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Mayor says there should be 'no comparison' to Ferguson
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 4 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 5 Northern Lights in the UK: Stunning Aurora Borealis illuminates Northumberland sky on Christmas Eve