Today's letter from the Editor
£20000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This long established dealer gr...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Company is the UK's leading...
£23172 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the leading and fastest growing h...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you an experienced Resident...
The Business Matrix: Monday 17 June 2013
Buoyant mood among capital's small firms
Confidence among small businesses in London has risen to its highest level in three years, according to the Federation of Small Businesses. Financial services firms reported the highest confidence levels; and despite recent contractions in their sector, small manufacturers are more optimistic too. A steady rise in house prices has boosted real estate firms, as has the Help to Buy scheme to get more first-time buyers on the property ladder.
Falanx eyes £1m for expansion
A security company named after a Greek and Roman military formation and founded by a former British Army officer will list on Aim on Thursday to raise up to £1m. John Blamire founded Falanx Group to meet demand for security advice from government and corporate organisations when overseas. Last month it won a new contract with QinetiQ.
Advisers cut fees for fundraising
Fees charged by advisers for companies listing on the Alternative Investment Market (Aim) fell last year, according to the accountant UHY Hacker Young. "Corporate finance advisers are feeling the pressure after several years of low levels of work," said Laurence Sacker, a partner at UHY Hacker Young. "They are willing to be flexible over pricing."
- 1 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response from Ellen DeGeneres
- 2 What supermodels really think about posing in the nude
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Black teen in critical condition after store employee 'shoots him for stealing 79-cent pack of cookies'
- 5 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM