Today's letter from the Editor
£7 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing? Do you want to work in...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + 30 days holiday: Ashdown Group: Finance Manager - ...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: 3rd Line Support Engineer / Network ...
£26000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Web Developer is required to ...
The Business Matrix: Monday 18 March 2013
Late payers to face interest charges
Businesses are to come under pressure to pay all invoices within 60 days after a European directive came into force over the weekend. The late payment directive goes even further for public sector organisations, which have to pay suppliers' invoices within 30 days. Late payers will face interest charges of more than 7 per cent on the Bank of England base rate.
Average asking price highest ever
Home sellers are growing in confidence, judging by a survey by Rightmove of more than 100,000 asking prices across the country.
The average asking price in the last month has risen 1.7 per cent to £239,710, the highest ever recorded in the survey for the month of March. The previous March peak was in 2008, before the financial crisis.
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet