Today's letter from the Editor
£21000 - £35000 per annum: Randstad Education Cambridge: Nursery assistants re...
£120 - £130 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: Are you a qualified teache...
£50 - £130 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: Are you an SEN Teacher or L...
£100 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: English & Media Teacher - ...
The Business Matrix: Monday 18 March 2013
Late payers to face interest charges
Businesses are to come under pressure to pay all invoices within 60 days after a European directive came into force over the weekend. The late payment directive goes even further for public sector organisations, which have to pay suppliers' invoices within 30 days. Late payers will face interest charges of more than 7 per cent on the Bank of England base rate.
Average asking price highest ever
Home sellers are growing in confidence, judging by a survey by Rightmove of more than 100,000 asking prices across the country.
The average asking price in the last month has risen 1.7 per cent to £239,710, the highest ever recorded in the survey for the month of March. The previous March peak was in 2008, before the financial crisis.
- 1 Scottish independence results live: Reunited kingdom - Scotland gives a clear 'No' in historic referendum
- 2 iOS 8 is full of shiny new features - but it's terrible news for app developers
- 3 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair