Today's letter from the Editor
£350 - £365 per day: Orgtel: Manager, SAS, Data Warehouse, Banking, Bristol - ...
£35000 - £43000 Per Annum plus excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Harrington Starr: One of the best known and most pr...
£500 per day: Harrington Starr: SQL DBA/Developer SQL, C#, VBA, Linux, SQL Se...
The Business Matrix: Monday 18 March 2013
Late payers to face interest charges
Businesses are to come under pressure to pay all invoices within 60 days after a European directive came into force over the weekend. The late payment directive goes even further for public sector organisations, which have to pay suppliers' invoices within 30 days. Late payers will face interest charges of more than 7 per cent on the Bank of England base rate.
Average asking price highest ever
Home sellers are growing in confidence, judging by a survey by Rightmove of more than 100,000 asking prices across the country.
The average asking price in the last month has risen 1.7 per cent to £239,710, the highest ever recorded in the survey for the month of March. The previous March peak was in 2008, before the financial crisis.
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Police shoot and kill second young black man near Ferguson
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 Why are UK rail fares so expensive?
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'