Today's letter from the Editor
£70000 - £80000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Group Head of Marketing and Communic...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: Level 3 Nursery Nurse required for ...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: L3 Nursery Nurses urgently required...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: We have a number of schools based S...
The Business Matrix: Monday 6 May 2013
Sainsbury’s buys out its bank
Supermarket giant Sainsbury’s is tipped to take full control of its banking business as City sources suggest it will buy up Lloyds Banking Group’s 50 per cent stake in the joint venture. Sainsbury’s boss Justin King is set to make the announcement alongside an eighth consecutive year of rising sales.
Buffett offers no clues on successor
Warren Buffett has insisted that the board of Berkshire Hathaway, the mega-conglomerate he has led since the 1960s, is “solidly in agreement” over his successor. But he gave thousands of shareholders who assembled for the company’s annual meeting at the weekend no clues as to who the next boss would be.
Donald Trump golf course for Dubai
American billionaire mogul Donald Trump has teamed up with DAMAC Properties, which bills itself as the largest private developer of luxury real estate in the Middle East, to develop an 18-hole PGA Championship Golf Course in Dubai. The Trump Organization already has 14 courses under its management across the world.
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
- 5 New Tricks: Dennis Waterman to leave the show after a decade of crime-solving