Today's letter from the Editor
Competitive: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: Sustainability Assessor...
£110 - £150 per day + Mileage and Expenses: Randstad Education Leeds: We are l...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester Secondary: Part-time A Level Chemist...
£12000 per annum: Randstad Education Manchester Secondary: Secondary Teaching ...
The Business Matrix: Monday 6 May 2013
Sainsbury’s buys out its bank
Supermarket giant Sainsbury’s is tipped to take full control of its banking business as City sources suggest it will buy up Lloyds Banking Group’s 50 per cent stake in the joint venture. Sainsbury’s boss Justin King is set to make the announcement alongside an eighth consecutive year of rising sales.
Buffett offers no clues on successor
Warren Buffett has insisted that the board of Berkshire Hathaway, the mega-conglomerate he has led since the 1960s, is “solidly in agreement” over his successor. But he gave thousands of shareholders who assembled for the company’s annual meeting at the weekend no clues as to who the next boss would be.
Donald Trump golf course for Dubai
American billionaire mogul Donald Trump has teamed up with DAMAC Properties, which bills itself as the largest private developer of luxury real estate in the Middle East, to develop an 18-hole PGA Championship Golf Course in Dubai. The Trump Organization already has 14 courses under its management across the world.
- 1 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 2 Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
- 3 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 4 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 5 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does