Today's letter from the Editor
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opening has arisen ...
£30000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Established in 1999, a highly r...
£23000 - £70000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity for a Me...
£250-£300 Day Rate: Jemma Gent: Are you a qualified accountant with strong exp...
The Business Matrix: Monday 7 January 2013
Finance chiefs see clouds lifting
Britain's boardrooms are shrugging off fears of a triple-dip recession, according to leading financial chiefs. The professional services firm Deloitte's latest survey of chief financial officers representing quoted companies worth almost £700bn reveals optimism rising for the second quarter in a row as immediate threats such as a eurozone break-up recede.
Bio-fuel pollutant could kill 1,400
Bio-fuels could add to air pollution and cause almost 1,400 premature deaths a year in Europe by 2020, according to a new study. The report from Lancaster University also said trees grown to produce wood fuel released a chemical into the air that, when mixed with other air pollutants, could reduce farmers' crop yields.
- 1 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 2 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia