Today's letter from the Editor
Unpaid Voluntary Position : Reach Volunteering: Volunteer your expertise as Tr...
£68 - £73 per day + Competitive rates of pay based on experience: Randstad Edu...
£69 - £73 per day + Competitive London rates of pay: Randstad Education Group:...
£117 - £157 per day + Competitive London rates: Randstad Education Group: * Pr...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 06 July 2013
Rolls-Royce: 'We didn't cut corners'
Rolls-Royce has denied claims it "cut corners on quality-control requirements" and lied to customers. The allegations were made in a US lawsuit involving two former employees, who also say the engineer used defective parts. Thomas McArtor and Keith Ramsey allege the company records these failings in a "secret set of books".
Charges unlikely for billionaire
Billionaire hedge fund boss Steve Cohen is likely to escape criminal charges over one of the biggest cases of alleged insider dealing. US prosecutors are struggling to come up with enough evidence against him before a deadline at the end of this month. The case against Mr Cohen followed charges against one of the firm's fund managers.
Swiss banks face loss after tax deal
Swiss banks could be out of pocket because of a tax-evasion deal agreed with the UK. Last year Switzerland said that its banks would pay SFr500m (£347m) to the UK Treasury as part of a clampdown on tax evasion. But there appear to be fewer untaxed British assets in the country than it thought.
Shares still strong from Carney effect
Shares held on yesterday to most of their gains since Mark Carney's arrival despite strong job figures from the US prompting renewed fears that the Federal Reserve would start cutting its QE programme. The Footsie held at 6,375.52, down just 46.15 points. The index is now up nearly 9 per cent this year.
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'naked pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Matthew Miller: American sentenced to hard labour in North Korea 'wanted to be Snowden II'
- 5 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death