Today's letter from the Editor
£500 - £600 per day: Recruitment Genius: A Senior Solution Architect is requir...
£18k - 20k per year: 360 Resourcing Solutions: ROLE: Export Sales Coordinato...
£20000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The largest developer of mobile...
£22500 - £27000 per annum + OTE £45K: SThree: Since our inception in 1986, STh...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 11 May 2013
BA's Walsh warns of Heathrow exit
Willie Walsh, the chief executive of British Airways' owner, International Airlines Group, has warned that BA's future with a London hub is not guaranteed. Heathrow employs 76,600 people and supports 114,000 jobs, but the Government is considering plans for a new £50bn Thames Estuary airport.
Investor takes on Dell's private plan
Activist investor Carl Icahn has teamed with another large shareholder in Dell to put forward an alternative to Michael Dell's plans to take the computer giant private.
Mr Icahn and Southeastern Asset Management said Dell's $13.65 per share offer was not in the best interests of shareholders. a new £50bn Thames Estuary airport.
Dreary UK cheers holiday firms
Britain's dismal weather is cheering at least one industry – the travel sector. Tui Travel, the giant behind Thomson Holidays, said bookings are up as Brits look to escape the gloom. Tui made a loss of £346m in the first half but said it would bounce back into profit this year.
Better trade figures give hope
The UK trade deficit narrowed slightly in March, adding to hopes that the economy could be beginning to strengthen.
Official figures yesterday showed the deficit on the trade in goods was £9.1bn in the month, offset by a £5.9bn surplus in services.
- 1 Michael Douglas regrets 'embarrassing' Catherine Zeta-Jones with oral sex comments
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 Tunisian builder has been hailed a hero after knocking gunman to the ground with roof tiles
- 4 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 5 E.L James's #AskELJames Twitter Q&A didn't go exactly as planned