Today's letter from the Editor
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are the go-to company for ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join the UK's leadin...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This caravan dealership are currently recruiti...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 13 July 2013
£1bn plan for car propulsion centre
The Business Secretary Vince Cable yesterday unveiled a £1bn initiative that should secure 30,000 jobs linked to producing engines. The industry and state will invest £500m each over 10 years in an Advanced Propulsion Centre.
355 Modelzone jobs facing axe
About 355 retail jobs are facing the axe at collapsed toy chain Modelzone after administrators announced plans to shut stores. Deloitte, which was appointed to handle the administration, said it is drawing up a closure programme for the 47 stores.
Output remains in the doldrums
Britain's building industry stagnated in May but should still boost the wider economy in the second quarter. Output was flat against April and down 4.8 per cent year on year, the ONS said, as initiatives like Help To Buy failed to make an early impact.
China set to miss growth target
A senior Chinese minister has given the first hint that the world's second-biggest economy could miss growth targets for the first time in living memory when it posts second quarter figures on Monday. Beijing has set a target of 7.5 per cent for 2013.
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly