Today's letter from the Editor
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An Office Administrator is requ...
£12000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to expansion and growth of ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Senior PHP Developer position with a...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: An Operations Leader is required to join a lea...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 13 July 2013
£1bn plan for car propulsion centre
The Business Secretary Vince Cable yesterday unveiled a £1bn initiative that should secure 30,000 jobs linked to producing engines. The industry and state will invest £500m each over 10 years in an Advanced Propulsion Centre.
355 Modelzone jobs facing axe
About 355 retail jobs are facing the axe at collapsed toy chain Modelzone after administrators announced plans to shut stores. Deloitte, which was appointed to handle the administration, said it is drawing up a closure programme for the 47 stores.
Output remains in the doldrums
Britain's building industry stagnated in May but should still boost the wider economy in the second quarter. Output was flat against April and down 4.8 per cent year on year, the ONS said, as initiatives like Help To Buy failed to make an early impact.
China set to miss growth target
A senior Chinese minister has given the first hint that the world's second-biggest economy could miss growth targets for the first time in living memory when it posts second quarter figures on Monday. Beijing has set a target of 7.5 per cent for 2013.
- 1 Kylie Jenner challenge: Bizarre lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 4 Bruce Forsyth backs assisted dying campaign: 'If I had Alzheimer's or dementia I would do something about it'
- 5 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'