Today's letter from the Editor
£20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Panel Wireman required for small electro...
£25000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An SME based in East Cheshire, ...
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have previous experience...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 18 May 2013
Investor revolt over pay at Chime
Lord Davies has discovered it’s not so “simples” being the chairman of Chime after the marketing group behind the Compare the Market meerkat TV ads had an investor revolt over pay. More than 57 per cent failed to back the 2012 bonus scheme and 48 per cent failed to back the remuneration report.
JP Morgan Chase in investor appeal
JP Morgan Chase has renewed its efforts to marshall shareholders in voting against a proposal that calls for a splitting of Jamie Dimon’s dual role as the giant American bank’s chairman and chief executive, writing to investors just days ahead of the annual meeting, where the motion will be put to a vote.
Stake sale edges closer at Lloyds
The prospect of the Government getting rid of its stake in Lloyds moved closer yesterday as shares in the bank broke the level set as the break-even price for taxpayers. Lloyds’ shares rose 1.93p, or 3 per cent, to 62.84p, above the 61.2p threshold for breaking even.
UK boom fuels Europe sales rise
Europe’s struggling car industry ended a 18-month run of declining sales in April thanks to booming sales in the UK. The European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association said 1.038 million new cars were registered, up 1.7 per cent on last April. The UK saw 15 per cent growth.
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 AirAsia flight QZ8501 missing: Search for plane carrying 162 passengers from Indonesia to Singapore suspended overnight