Today's letter from the Editor
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Flight Centre Limited: Exceptional opportunity for ...
£30k - 35k : Charter Selection: Leading property consultancy firm based in Sou...
£55000 - £66000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Top 10 Seeking Ma...
£50000 - £55000 per annum + excellent benefits : Pro-Recruitment Group: Senior...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 20 April 2013
Levi's wins 'red tab' trademark case
Levi Strauss has won the right to stop rivals aping its famous "red tab" marking on jeans. Levi's took legal action against the Swiss company Colloseum Holdings after it began selling jeans with a similar rectangular red tab on the back pocket . The US company argued that consumers would assume such jeans were Levi's.
Thumbs down for Budget measures
The Treasury Select Committee has blasted George Osborne's plan to fire up the housing market by helping first-time buyers through equity injections and mortgage guarantees. In its report on the March Budget the committee says the Help to Buy scheme may have "a number of unintended consequences".
Santander admits fine-print mistake
Santander UK is writing to more than a quarter of a million mortgage borrowers, saying they could be due compensation because it failed to make clear the terms on which it changed the cap on its standard variable rate in December 2008.
Filofax hanging on with new owner
Filofax, the maker of the leather and paper personal organisers, is about to be sold. Currently owned by the private equity firm Phoenix, Filofax has faced brutal competition from electronic devices since its 1980s heyday, but still posted profits of £3m in 2011.
- 1 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 2 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- 5 Is Facebook making us forget? Study shows that taking pictures ruin memories