Today's letter from the Editor
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Front-End Developer - Guildford/Craw...
£13500 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Customer Service Assistant is...
£16000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An ambitious and motivated Sale...
£20000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Gas Installation Support Engi...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 25 August 2012
Aga profits cool as sales fall
Tough trading conditions in the UK and Ireland saw Aga Rangemaster announce that its first-half profits dropped from £2.1m to £1.5m on sales down 1 per cent at £119m. The cast-iron oven maker revealed it was scrapping its dividend in order to bolster its pension fund, while also launching its first five-oven cooker.
A bumpy ride for Stobart Group
Trucking firm Stobart Group admitted recent trading within its transport division – which provided 80 per cent of total profits during its last financial year – had been lower than expected. The owner of Eddie Stobart said it had been hit by the recession, weaker demand for its services during the Olympics and the bad summer weather.
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 The confessions of men who ordered mail-order brides
- 3 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
- 4 Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
- 5 'Isis' schoolgirls: Missing British teenager tweets picture of her Syrian takeaway