Today's letter from the Editor
£25000 - £35000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client are cur...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + 5 weeks holidays & benefits: Ashdown Group: Head o...
£10000 - £15000 per annum: Randstad Education Cambridge: Nursery assistants re...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: IT Support Manager - Near...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 25 August 2012
Aga profits cool as sales fall
Tough trading conditions in the UK and Ireland saw Aga Rangemaster announce that its first-half profits dropped from £2.1m to £1.5m on sales down 1 per cent at £119m. The cast-iron oven maker revealed it was scrapping its dividend in order to bolster its pension fund, while also launching its first five-oven cooker.
A bumpy ride for Stobart Group
Trucking firm Stobart Group admitted recent trading within its transport division – which provided 80 per cent of total profits during its last financial year – had been lower than expected. The owner of Eddie Stobart said it had been hit by the recession, weaker demand for its services during the Olympics and the bad summer weather.
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Joan Rivers: 'Palestinians deserve to be dead'
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 Botched ice bucket challenge leaves man critically injured after plane drops hundreds of gallons of water
- 5 Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live