Today's letter from the Editor
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: This post arises as a result of the need to...
£120 - £150 per annum: Tradewind Recruitment: I am recruiting on instruction o...
£70000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Finance - Financial Controller - Fina...
£24000 - £28000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Executive - Wim...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 29 June 2013
Air Traffic head pockets £720,000
The head of Britain's air traffic control took home £720,000 last year, including a £303,000 bonus for the Olympics. Yet that was actually a pay cut for Richard Deakin, the chief executive of National Air Traffic Services, who pocketed £736,000 the year before. Nats is owned by the Government and seven airlines.
Ogston walks away from CPP
The founder and majority shareholder of the troubled credit card insurer CPP has stepped down from the board and scrapped his attempt to buy the firm. Hamish Ogstonoffered to buy the company in March for £1.7m soon after it had been hit with a £60m bill for mis-selling, but talks broke down.
Unexpected loss for BlackBerry
The Canadian phone-maker BlackBerry dashed hopes of a turnaround by posting an unexpected £55m loss yesterday despite launching a range of new products to take on rivals such as Apple and Samsung. Analysts had been anticipating a profit.
Service sector boost for growth
The service sector, which accounts for more than three quarters of the economy and ranging from hotels and restaurants to finance and IT, grew 0.2 per cent in April. This picked up the pace from the previous month, pushing year-on-year growth to 2 per cent.
- 1 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 4 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 5 Grumpy Roald Dahl letter warning student to 'eschew beastly adjectives' rediscovered after 35 years