Today's letter from the Editor
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a 3-4 month pro rata fi...
£16000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Telesales Executive is requir...
£25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity to join ...
£22000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This logistics firm are looking...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 3 November 2012
Ikea's six-year high in the UK
The Swedish flat-pack furniture giant Ikea has delivered its best sales growth in the UK for six years, despite the market for big-ticket items remaining in the doldrums. Ikea increased revenues by 6.3 per cent to £1.23bn for the year to the end of August, with its underlying sales up by the same amount.
'Long, dark winter' looms for builders
Builders are heading into a "long, dark winter" as firms cut jobs at the fastest pace for more than a year. The Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply's latest construction snapshot showed the sector crawling back to marginal growth in October, but new orders are in a sustained decline.
Price war hits car premiums
Britain's two top car insurers, Direct Line and Admiral, have reported weaker quarterly results. Both companies said the price of motor cover was under pressure as insurers compete aggressively for new business. The motor insurance industry has not made a collective underwriting profit in 16 years.
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Russian officials ban yoga because it's too much like a religious cult
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 Ginger Pride festival to take place next summer, organisers say 'time of bullying gingers is over'
- 5 Facebook rainbow profile pictures likely being tracked by social network