Today's letter from the Editor
£125 - £150 per day + Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: A 'wonderful primary ...
£90 - £140 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: Our client is an 11-16 mixed commun...
£32000 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A rapidly developing company in...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Application Architect/Developer - Peterborough, Cam...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 4 May 2013
Services sector soars in April
Another dose of money-printing by the Bank of England looks off the agenda after services firms, from IT and accountancy to hotels and restaurants, produced their strongest growth since April 2012. The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply’s activity index, where a score over 50 indicates growth, improved to 52.9 last month from 52.4 in March.
Commerzbank loses bonus fight
Commerzbank finally gave up its four-year legal war yesterday with 104 London investment bankers who have been fighting for €52m (£44m) in unpaid bonuses. The decision came a week after losing in the Court of Appeal, which ruled unanimously to uphold an earlier verdict which found the German bank’s staff were entitled to their bonuses.
Geddes predicts lower premiums
Paul Geddes, boss of Direct Line insurance, said the implementation of motor legal reforms should result in cuts in the cost of cover, particularly for younger drivers paying high premiums. Insurers have had to cope with the impact of a ban on referral fees.
Man Group still a way off recovery
Man Group’s Manny Roman said a recovery in the fortunes of his hedge fund was still some way off. The firm saw its assets under management tumble to $54.8bn (£35.2bn) from $57bn at the start of the year despite improved performance from its AHL fund.
- 1 Double chins could be 'cured' without surgery or dieting using new injection
- 2 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 3 Dog thinks owner is drowning in lake, dives in and tries to pull him out
- 4 Thank heavens for Louise Mensch and her foul-mouthed tweets to world leaders
- 5 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'