Today's letter from the Editor
£60000 - £75000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Consultant (Fina...
£60000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A leading provider in investment managemen...
£600 - £700 per day: Harrington Starr: AVS, JVS Openlink Endur Developer JVS, ...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Exciting opp...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 4 May 2013
Services sector soars in April
Another dose of money-printing by the Bank of England looks off the agenda after services firms, from IT and accountancy to hotels and restaurants, produced their strongest growth since April 2012. The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply’s activity index, where a score over 50 indicates growth, improved to 52.9 last month from 52.4 in March.
Commerzbank loses bonus fight
Commerzbank finally gave up its four-year legal war yesterday with 104 London investment bankers who have been fighting for €52m (£44m) in unpaid bonuses. The decision came a week after losing in the Court of Appeal, which ruled unanimously to uphold an earlier verdict which found the German bank’s staff were entitled to their bonuses.
Geddes predicts lower premiums
Paul Geddes, boss of Direct Line insurance, said the implementation of motor legal reforms should result in cuts in the cost of cover, particularly for younger drivers paying high premiums. Insurers have had to cope with the impact of a ban on referral fees.
Man Group still a way off recovery
Man Group’s Manny Roman said a recovery in the fortunes of his hedge fund was still some way off. The firm saw its assets under management tumble to $54.8bn (£35.2bn) from $57bn at the start of the year despite improved performance from its AHL fund.
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity