Today's letter from the Editor
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Working closely with the market...
£20000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A reputable company, famed for ...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group has been engaged by a highly resp...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 8 June 2013
Olympics wipe out Hornby’s profit
Overstocking of London 2012 souvenirs and poor supplies of model trains saw Hornby’s profit wiped out last year. Despite selling almost £5m of Olympics-based products, it had to discount prices heavily as shops failed to re-order models. The company scrapped its dividend as it posted a £3.4m loss.
Trade set to boost growth
The UK’s goods trade deficit tumbled £1bn to £8.2bn in April, making it the lowest since January. Including the services surplus, the overall deficit shrank from £3.2bn to £2bn. Net trade knocked 0.1 percentage points off the economy in the first three months of 2013, but could buoy growth in this quarter.
Fullers pride in cider purchase
Fuller, Smith & Turner is looking to expand cider maker Cornish Orchards after buying the business for £3.8m. The London Pride brewer unveiled the deal as it hailed the improved weather for helping to drive recent sales. It posted a 5 per cent rise in profits to £32m for the last financial year.
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims