Today's letter from the Editor
£18000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive or Senior Sal...
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This industry leading company produces h...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT provider for the educat...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 8 June 2013
Olympics wipe out Hornby’s profit
Overstocking of London 2012 souvenirs and poor supplies of model trains saw Hornby’s profit wiped out last year. Despite selling almost £5m of Olympics-based products, it had to discount prices heavily as shops failed to re-order models. The company scrapped its dividend as it posted a £3.4m loss.
Trade set to boost growth
The UK’s goods trade deficit tumbled £1bn to £8.2bn in April, making it the lowest since January. Including the services surplus, the overall deficit shrank from £3.2bn to £2bn. Net trade knocked 0.1 percentage points off the economy in the first three months of 2013, but could buoy growth in this quarter.
Fullers pride in cider purchase
Fuller, Smith & Turner is looking to expand cider maker Cornish Orchards after buying the business for £3.8m. The London Pride brewer unveiled the deal as it hailed the improved weather for helping to drive recent sales. It posted a 5 per cent rise in profits to £32m for the last financial year.
- 1 The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
- 2 Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
- 3 Celebrity Big Brother 2015: Tila Tequila kicked off show after 'describing Hitler as a good man'
- 4 iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night