Today's letter from the Editor
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: A trustee (company d...
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join a successful an...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Digital Sales Account Manager...
The Business Matrix: Tuesday 14 August 2012
Japan feels pain from euro woes
Plunging demand from consumers in the eurozone hit the Japanese economy far harder than expected over the past three months, figures showed yesterday. The world's third-biggest economy grew only 0.3 per cent between April and June – much worse than the first-quarter's 1 per cent growth.
Google to axe Motorola jobs
The 20,000 employees of Motorola Mobility, the smartphone maker, got a taste of life under their new owner, Google, yesterday, when they were told one in five of them would lose their jobs. A third of the company's offices will close, as Google struggles to streamline the business it bought earlier this year.
United shares 'are worth less than $5'
In a fresh blow to Manchester United's already troubled stock market flotation yesterday, a US research team said the shares were worth less than $5 each. That compares with the $14 at which the shares joined the New York Stock Exchange on Friday.
Regulator probes PWC's Tenon role
The Accountancy and Actuarial Discipline Board is to investigate auditing giant PricewaterhouseCoopers over its role at RSM Tenon the much smaller accountant which found "black holes" in its accounts. Tenon said it will co-operate fully.
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran