Today's letter from the Editor
£26000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity for an ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: One of the North West's leading digital agenci...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This company is a leading expert in immunoassa...
£13000 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A chance to work for an extreme...
The Business Matrix: Tuesday 14 August 2012
Japan feels pain from euro woes
Plunging demand from consumers in the eurozone hit the Japanese economy far harder than expected over the past three months, figures showed yesterday. The world's third-biggest economy grew only 0.3 per cent between April and June – much worse than the first-quarter's 1 per cent growth.
Google to axe Motorola jobs
The 20,000 employees of Motorola Mobility, the smartphone maker, got a taste of life under their new owner, Google, yesterday, when they were told one in five of them would lose their jobs. A third of the company's offices will close, as Google struggles to streamline the business it bought earlier this year.
United shares 'are worth less than $5'
In a fresh blow to Manchester United's already troubled stock market flotation yesterday, a US research team said the shares were worth less than $5 each. That compares with the $14 at which the shares joined the New York Stock Exchange on Friday.
Regulator probes PWC's Tenon role
The Accountancy and Actuarial Discipline Board is to investigate auditing giant PricewaterhouseCoopers over its role at RSM Tenon the much smaller accountant which found "black holes" in its accounts. Tenon said it will co-operate fully.
- 1 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 2 Dog thinks owner is drowning in lake, dives in and tries to pull him out
- 3 Thank heavens for Louise Mensch and her foul-mouthed tweets to world leaders
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Phil Neville backtracks on Tomas Rosicky 'I'd smash him' comments from Match of the Day 2