Today's letter from the Editor
£18000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£16500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Chiropractic Assistant is needed in a ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides coaching ...
The Business Matrix: Tuesday 28 August 2012
G4S to overcome Olympic stumble
G4S is struggling to recover from its Olympic security fiasco and its under-pressure chief executive, Nick Buckles, will be back in the spotlight today. Scribes at Numis Securities think the world's largest security firm could still be attractive for long-term investors. Half-year earnings of £240m are expected.
Antofagasta set for earnings drop
Last week JP Morgan Cazenove upgraded Antofagasta from neutral to overweight and raised its target price from 1,220p to 1,300p. The miner's half-year results tomorrow are expected to be broadly stable. Scribes at UBS believe net earnings to be down 10 per cent year on year at $624m (£395m).
Hermès expected to bag €511m
Hermès, purveyor of silk scarves and exotic leather handbags, will update the market with its first-half results on Friday. The Paris-based fashion house revealed its second quarter sales last month which had rocketed 21.9 per cent to €815m. UBS expects earnings of €511m for the half year.
Hays to reveal six-month plan
Recruiter Hays has been hit by the lack of employment opportunities in the financial services sector and has been slashing costs in the UK to offset fee pressure. On Thursday UBS analyst William Vanderpump expects the firm "to outline initial thoughts and plans on a three to six months view".
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats