Today's letter from the Editor
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: CITY - An excellent new instruction w...
£500 per day: Harrington Starr: SQL Server Developer SQL, PHP, C#, Real Time,...
£600 per day: Harrington Starr: C#.NET Developer C#, Win Forms, WPF, WCF, MVVM...
The Business Matrix: Tuesday 28 August 2012
G4S to overcome Olympic stumble
G4S is struggling to recover from its Olympic security fiasco and its under-pressure chief executive, Nick Buckles, will be back in the spotlight today. Scribes at Numis Securities think the world's largest security firm could still be attractive for long-term investors. Half-year earnings of £240m are expected.
Antofagasta set for earnings drop
Last week JP Morgan Cazenove upgraded Antofagasta from neutral to overweight and raised its target price from 1,220p to 1,300p. The miner's half-year results tomorrow are expected to be broadly stable. Scribes at UBS believe net earnings to be down 10 per cent year on year at $624m (£395m).
Hermès expected to bag €511m
Hermès, purveyor of silk scarves and exotic leather handbags, will update the market with its first-half results on Friday. The Paris-based fashion house revealed its second quarter sales last month which had rocketed 21.9 per cent to €815m. UBS expects earnings of €511m for the half year.
Hays to reveal six-month plan
Recruiter Hays has been hit by the lack of employment opportunities in the financial services sector and has been slashing costs in the UK to offset fee pressure. On Thursday UBS analyst William Vanderpump expects the firm "to outline initial thoughts and plans on a three to six months view".
- 1 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
- 5 Hello Kitty is not a cat after all