Today's letter from the Editor
£550 - £650 per day: Orgtel: Business Analyst - Traded Credit Risk - Investmen...
£32000 - £35000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based o...
£55000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A financial software vendor at the forefro...
£600 per day: Harrington Starr: .NET Developer C#, WPF,BLL, MSMQ, SQL, GIT, SQ...
The Business Matrix: Wednesday 15 August 2012
Russian Railways on track for float
Russian Railways is eyeing a flotation in London that would value the state-owned giant at more than 1.7 trillion roubles (£40bn). The world's third biggest railway's assets include 85,200km of track, 1 million employees and 1 billion passengers. It is planning to sell up to 25 per cent of the business in 2015 or 2016.
Lonmin slumps as trade unions clash
Shares in platinum producer Lonmin dived by nearly 5 per cent as the number of deaths rose to nine at its Western Platinum mine 60 miles north-west of Johannesburg. Lonmin said that the situation remained "volatile" as trade unions clashed with each other and the police in a row about pay.
SuperGroup co-founder quits
One of SuperGroup's three founders, Theo Karpathios, yesterday quit the company "to pursue other interests" eight years after helping to create the Superdry phenomenon. Karpathios owns 14.77 per cent of the clothing company, worth £51m.
Tesco shows signs of recovery in UK
Tesco has delivered the strongest sales of the big four supermarkets over the past month, in the first major sign that a £1bn investment to turnaround its UK business is bearing fruit. Sales grew by 5.1 per cent with Asda next best at 4.9 per cent.
- 1 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 2 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27